Classic toys sightings in Nordic Europe

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Osku
Protoform

Classic toys sightings in Nordic Europe

Post by Osku »

First sightings of Classic toys in Nordic countries (Sweden, Norway and Finland). First wave of deluxe and voyager sized toys seen in "Toys R Us" and "BR Toys" stores.

For more information check original NTFA news thread
http://www.ntfa.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard/i ... =16;t=1408

Unfortunately this might mean that we'll miss again the latest waves of current Cybertron line. :(
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

I know full well what you mean. Hell, I was genuinely surprised that Cyb. primus even made into our shelves. We here in the cold, desolate north always seen to get screwed over when it comes to TFs, with shelves full of action men and biker mice that do not sell...

Personally I do not really care for the "latest waves" of the Cybertron line, since they are mostly just repaints and we probably won't even get the new ones anyway. I still haven't seen Cyb. Unicron anywhere.

But it's good news that Classics have made it even this close. Maybe I won't have to get Bumblebee and Screamer from eBay after all. I wonder if we'll get Titaniums too?
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Originally posted by Tetsuro
I know full well what you mean. Hell, I was genuinely surprised that Cyb. primus even made into our shelves. We here in the cold, desolate north always seen to get screwed over when it comes to TFs, with shelves full of action men and biker mice that do not sell...

Personally I do not really care for the "latest waves" of the Cybertron line, since they are mostly just repaints and we probably won't even get the new ones anyway. I still haven't seen Cyb. Unicron anywhere.

Our situation is quite similar to rest of Europe; we get the main lines, but anything else is a pleasant surprise. Only thing I really don't like is Hasbro Nordic's habit of skipping the latest waves.

Cybertron Unicron has been available for some while now. Check NTFA forum for more information.
http://www.ntfa.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard/i ... =16;t=1403

There's more and more current information on the Finnish side of forum.

But it's good news that Classics have made it even this close. Maybe I won't have to get Bumblebee and Screamer from eBay after all. I wonder if we'll get Titaniums too?
I doubt we'll see Titaniums. If I've been correctly informed, Hasbro Nordic is dependant of Hasbro UK's stock. And as UK won't be getting Titaniums, so won't we. And with Titaniums it's very unlikely that stores would import those regardless of Hasbro Nordic (like has happened with some Alternators toys).
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

So I'll just keep on importing the Titaniums (and 'tits' is really awkward nickname for that line), but it's good to know that we might get Classics at least.

I still see the original Cyb. Prime around the shelves, been there forever, and for a while, it seemd that stores were overstocked with Supreme Starscream as well. I was rather surprised we got some of those Universe micromasters, but then, they were sold under Energon/Cybertron banner over here...

I'm also surprised we didn't get Alt. Smokescreen, considering he might've appealed to the non-TF fanbase as well, if only for his paintjob.
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Originally posted by Tetsuro
I still see the original Cyb. Prime around the shelves, been there forever, and for a while, it seemd that stores were overstocked with Supreme Starscream as well. I was rather surprised we got some of those Universe micromasters, but then, they were sold under Energon/Cybertron banner over here...
Leader and Supreme class toys have always been slow sellers, especially if stores have ordered large quantities of a certain wave/toy. It's the smaller figures that show how well/fast toys are moving.

You do know that Europe got all four Micromaster combiner sets? Rail Racer and Superion can still be found if lyou're lucky. The distribution might even be better in Europe than in US (store exclusives there).
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

I got Devastator and Rail Racer, but Superion sounds nice...I think I saw parts of Defensor around here, too.
HELLHOUND
Protoform

Post by HELLHOUND »

On the subject of sightings Midco toys has most of the classics in stock. I dont know how to do links but there is only one midco toys and thats in Burton on Trent Uk, it should come straight up on a search engine. I am now the proud owner of Bumble Bee, Prime, Megatron, Hot Rod, Grimlock and Jet Fire!!!Woo Hoo!
We Hate pemula con full of cheesey goodness!
Fallen In Darkness
Protoform

Post by Fallen In Darkness »

I can confirm that I have seen Starscream and Hot Rod in Falun, Sweden.Probably tomorrow that I'll go for shopping in Vasteras I'll check the local store.
You ask me if I have a god complex? Let me tell you something. I am God.
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o236 ... oncopy.jpg[\img]
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Didn't Finland get Alt. Smokescreen? I know you guys got Swindle and *maybe* Windcharger.

How much is Cybertron Optimus Prime? I haven't been to a decent toy store in ages [only cybertron figures I saw were Jetfire, Hot Shot, Landmine, Ransack, Scattershot and Downshift], but I recall that leader classes get more expensive with each new line. I got RID Prime and Armada Prime for 30 euros each, but Energon Prime remains untouched [50 euros is way too much].

I keep wondering if it's cheaper to order all figures from BBTS rather than buy them in stores, even if they're out in my country. Prices are more than twice the amount BBTS charges, which sort of equals the shipping costs...
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Cyb. Prime, too, is about 50 euros. May have to check on that, though.
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Originally posted by Knightdramon
Didn't Finland get Alt. Smokescreen? I know you guys got Swindle and *maybe* Windcharger.
No Smokescreen, but some others. Swindle and Windcharger were imported by Hasbro Nordic. Some stores have imported certain figures them selves. Check my recently made "toys situation in Finland" thread on NTFA.
http://www.ntfa.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard/i ... =16&t=1403