"Air Commander" = 2IC?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Arcee
Protoform

"Air Commander" = 2IC?

Post by Arcee »

(Note: This is referring to something from "Headmasters", but since it's more of a general G1 question, I thought it would fit in better here, rather than in "Japanese-Only".)

There's this scene in "Headmasters" where Cyclonus introduces himself as the "Aerial Commander" of the Destrons. Now, as we know, "Air Commander" (or "Aerospace Commander") was the title of Starscream.

So, what I'm wondering about is, is the Decepticon's second-in-command always also the Air Commander? Is "Air Commander"/"Aerial Commander" perhaps just the official title of the second-in-command?
Dead Man Wade

Re: "Air Commander" = 2IC?

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Arcee
So, what I'm wondering about is, is the Decepticon's second-in-command always also the Air Commander? Is "Air Commander"/"Aerial Commander" perhaps just the official title of the second-in-command?

I would think it would be, but only if the 2nd in Command were capable of flight.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

It's not always the case, I noticed.

Later on in Headmasters, after Scorponok took control, Sixshot seemingly acted as his second in command, while Cyclonus and Scourge got turned into bumbling idiots and never appeared again after Galvatron got buried alive. If not Sixshot then Scorponok really had no second in command. Weirdwolf was a bufoon and so was every other Decepticon.

In Masterforce Buster and Hydra take the roles of second in command to Overlord (who in turn takes orders from Devil Z). They're the Air Commanders of the (small) group.

In Victory the Decepticon army is even smaller and Leozack acts as Deathsaurus' second in command. He turned into a jet and lead the Breastforce troops so I guess that would make him Air Commander as well.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

In the comics that doesn't really apply as Soundwave tended to be the second in command most of the time...*

* = Broad exaggeration.