Transformers Monopoly - feedback wanted

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
TransformersMonopoly

Transformers Monopoly

Post by TransformersMonopoly »

Hello Transformers Fans,

I'm working on developing a new special collector's edition Transformers Monopoly and am looking for some fan feedback to develop the best game that would do the series justice.

The game will feature 105 Transformers and fans will be able to place them on the Monopoly Board in whichever position deemed worthy. For example, on Boardwalk, someone might put either Megatron or Optimus Prime, depending on who their favorite is.

So, I'm looking for the top 105 Transformers that deserve a spot on this game. If you're interested in helping out, please reply to this post or send me a private message. Individuals that help will receive a free game and a mention in the rules.

Thanks!
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

how is this news? this should go in the creative section.

*edit* unless you are an employee of parker brothers or hasbro of course*edit*
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
TransformersMonopoly

I work for a licensee of Hasbro products. We develop special edition Monopoly games like Nintendo Monopoly.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

ok that makes sense. well good luckwith that.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Ford DeceptiFocus
Protoform

Post by Ford DeceptiFocus »

I'd buy that. :)
Till All Are Drunk with the Matrix!
Master Chief
Protoform

Post by Master Chief »

It may open a can of worms for you, but you may want to post this at various message boards throughout the fandom.

tfw2005.com
tfans.com
tformers.com
seibertron.com

Just a few of the more high traffic sites. You may also want to make TFU.info your best friend. It may just be the most comprehensive site in regards to character information. Good luck and I hope you make a kick ass game!
TransformersMonopoly

Thanks so much for helping!
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

meh, go to jail would be something like... like... nng, brain freeze...

seriously though, i think it's very nice that you're doing a version of monopoly for transformer fans, but i don't suppose you could convince your heads of staff that something like a transformers cluedo would be more fun ? i think it fits in more with the tongue in cheek of the star wars monopoly.

edited twice : otherwise, i cast my vote for seaspray, warpath and outback for the front stretch. and add an extra mention not to forget skids :)

edited again quite a bit later : just wanted to add a cheery hello and welcome to the board ^^ i admire your courage venturing into these dark waters...
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Hmm... which generation of Transformers are you using?

G1 and Armada-generations have a number of documented planets to use.. but the Armada verse, particularly with Cybertron's 'planet theme' may make this a bit easier to work with, though Hasbro's already 'moved past' that series now.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by TransformersMonopoly
I'm looking for the top 105 Transformers that deserve a spot on this game.
It'll depend on who you want to market to... would say that original series characters have the most recognition in the market segment most likely to buy it. Beast Wars is next most visible, and people are fairly unlikely to not buy it because of BW characters being included, which might be an issue with later series such as RiD / Energon / Armada / Cybertron.

As far as polling other forums goes, the Allspark (http://www.allspark.com) is bigger than several of those mentioned so far, IDW Publishing have their own TF section, and if you're looking internationally, there are smaller communities such as The Hub (http://www.the-hub.co.uk) and TransFans.net

You could very easily do it based on just original characters that are fairly well known. Pick about fifty each of Autobots and Decepticons, then have a few special cards such as Cybertron, Autobot City, the Matrix, Charr, Iacon, etc.

http://www.toybin.org/ has some excellent galleries of the earlier and best-known characters. I don't think you could go far wrong just by grabbing lists from there.
DCJosh
Protoform

Post by DCJosh »

id rather the spots be actual places in the TF universe, not transformers themselves

kinda lame

"yeah, ill buy that optimus from ya. oooh! look! you landed on omega supreme! you owe me $100 rent!"

eh

id rather like Iacon to be in place of boardwalk, Charr to be one one of the lower end properties, Autobot City, smelting pools. the space bridge in place of the railroads would be kinda cool. use places like Sherman Dam, the Ark. heck if you need cybertronian places Simon Furman and Guido Guidi layed out a sort of map of Cybertron in the Transformers Ultimate Guide book. Thatd be a good place to gather places. Utilizing places that have appeared throughout Transformers lore

just stuff like that

leave the characters to the actual game pieces and utilize them on the cards and stuff. not put them in the place of properties

but i guess thems be just my own gripes/opinions
-Click to view my Digital Portfolio-
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by DCJosh
id rather the spots be actual places in the TF universe, not transformers themselves

Okay, just for fun, list all of the locations you can think of in the TF Universe (barring places like Carbombya, since that would just be asking for trouble), and see if you can come up with 105.
DCJosh
Protoform

Post by DCJosh »

true, itd be hard and a stretch to come up with that amount of TF locations [part of the reason ive disliked some of the mythos with Transformers is that they've always been stuck on earth, and it was a treat if they ever ventured to cybertron. one thing i liked most was season 3 of G1, how they started to venture into new locations, new races of aliens and all that. part of the reason i enjoy the new IDW-universe so much in that it expands the universe in terms of characters and locations]

but like i said, in my opinion its just kind of lame to land on characters instead of actual properties/places

im sure itd be possible to come up with a list of 150 places in TF lore but it also depends on which version/generation of Transformers this game is focusing on
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

im sure itd be possible to come up with a list of 150 places in TF lore but it also depends on which version/generation of Transformers this game is focusing on

Not really, as most of what I've seen of the series following Beast Wars hasn't exactly been big on locations. Seems to me, your best bet for finding a number of distinct locations would be Generation 1, and, even then, you'd be doing well to top fifty.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Be prepared to pay me big if you stay in the Hotel At Sherman Dam.
Come on and wind me up.
DCJosh
Protoform

Post by DCJosh »

yeah but uh....on the standard monopoly board there are only 22 properties on the board, 4 railroads, free parking, and the water and electric companies to really come up with their own places

so thats like 29-30 locations essentially needed [now granted, you could do more or may have to do more for the chance/community chest cards, but a lot of times those are more situations than

so yeah

i dunno. i think a cool TF monopoly board could be made without the restriction of "you need 105 places in TF lore or it dont fly"

*shrug*

but, just like i said. Those are just my personal opinions/thoughts on it
DCJosh
Protoform

Post by DCJosh »

ItsWalky
Protoform

Post by ItsWalky »

I'm not sure I could list 105, but there are a few I'd really like to see, such as Nightbeat and Hot Shot. (Hot Shot should totally be the cheapest spot.) And if you put Prowl, Scavenger, Mirage, and Snarl on there, that covers like a hundred different guys.

"Go to Jail" needs to be "Go to stasis lock."

Can the hotels look like little Metroplexes?
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Whatever characters you use, make sure to pay attention to the groupings. Don't just slap 3 unrelated characters together, but have like Soundwave, Ravage, and Rumble, or a group of seekers, or something like that. As long as there is some sort of logical thought put into it instead of "Lookee here! It's got pictures of Transformers, so we know you'll buy it!"
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

kinda lame

"yeah, ill buy that optimus from ya. oooh! look! you landed on omega supreme! you owe me $100 rent!"

eh
Change "rent" to storage/grading costs, and it sort of works for toy collecting...