New Encore: Combaticons box set

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Clay

New Encore: Combaticons box set

Post by Clay »

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

Bah, do Menasor!

If these use the die cast metal parts, they might actually be worth getting even with the myriad knock offs floating around. Or not.

Interesting nonetheless.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Well, we were going to see them or the original Seacons at some point... wonder if high enough sales would justify cleaning up/repairing/reverse engineering all the other ones they've destroyed over the years?
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Clay wrote:http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

Bah, do Menasor!

If these use the die cast metal parts, they might actually be worth getting even with the myriad knock offs floating around. Or not.

Interesting nonetheless.
I'm surprised that the molds for the Combaticons hasn't crumbled into dust yet, considering that there's been about a zillion different re releases of them, in legitimate versions alone!:eek:
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Holy Transformers love for the Combaticons!!! How many versions of these guys/Onslaught are we getting lately?
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Great, now if they will only releasse the Stunticons and Trypticon. At least they are continuing the line. Think we might get a Fort. Max at some point?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

ganon578 wrote:Holy Transformers love for the Combaticons!!! How many versions of these guys/Onslaught are we getting lately?
Well, Henkei most likely isn't using the random Energon recolours, whereas Universe shows no sign of releasing the originals... both markets have just got a different set of old Combaticons that look nothing like the show counterparts ;)
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Cliffjumper wrote:Well, Henkei most likely isn't using the random Energon recolours, whereas Universe shows no sign of releasing the originals... both markets have just got a different set of old Combaticons that look nothing like the show counterparts ;)
True story...
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

I happy to see more Decepticons, though. Wish it was Menasor or another Predakin Or even Abominus. Just never been fond of the Combaticons for the most part. Might pick this up still, though, just because I've missed out everytime I wanted one.
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

I was never fond of the Combaticons back in G1 days - they had cool characters, but the toys just didn't grab me. Onslaught is cool to have if you have Trypticon (although I got two chinese KOs for cheap so my Trypticon could have two sets of cannon platforms attached).
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Nice to see them in the old colors. Can't say I'd like them enough to pay that much for them though. Especially since I have both RID releases and I ended up with 1-2 sets of knockoffs in a lot once . . .

I'd love to see them do Swindle and Blastoff as new molds that were compatible with the Energon Conbaticons and give them propper hands. That'd be sweet, but I guess that's only a dream.
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

I'm sadly fanboyish when it comes to the Combaticons but, yeah, it's getting a bit much. Bring on someone else! And I agree with Menasor. :up:

Incidentally, I recently picked up a G1 Brawl from ebay. (My old one suffered a coffee spill and I'd never been able to get that sludge from between his flabby arms.) Very decent shape, 5.50 USD. Bidding simultaneously on a similarly conditioned G1 Dead End from the same seller which eventually went for much more, 34.00, IIRC. This tells me that you could probably get a complete Bruticus- original and in decent shape- for less than BBTS is asking for this reissue which may(or may not, to be fair) suffer from an overused mold; for Menasor, good luck on that!
BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

$94.00, naww I will pass. Didnt a repaint of these guys come out a while back in camo colors and it was available at wal=mart for $50 ? And I think that is to much to for these guys to. Yeah they are one of the first combiner teams, but they cant really do to much but that, and I dont think they are worth $50, let alone almost $100 now. I will pass.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

I, too, would rather have the stunticons, or even constructicons, reissued, but I had combaticons when I was a kid, and now I kinda want them again. I think 94 dollars is a bit much, but I might be able to swing it.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

wolfbolt86 wrote:Great, now if they will only releasse the Stunticons and Trypticon. At least they are continuing the line. Think we might get a Fort. Max at some point?
The last Fortress Maximus was with RID, and that was very hard or impossible to find.

I like the original colors, but I have my RiD combaticons, and sadly, I just want either a Superion, Menasor, Computron, or Defensor, or just a Devastator (since my Hook's legs crumbled basically from cheap chromed plastic).
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Springer007 wrote:The last Fortress Maximus was with RID, and that was very hard or impossible to find.
I know that was the last time that mold came out, but I was wondering if there is a chance for it to come out in the encore line. I wonder if it does come out, how much are they going to charge for the thing. Aren't unopen Fort. Max's around $1,000?
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

They won't be if there's an encore one! :lol:

I'm guessing with Fort max being 2 feet tall, and a Leader class (bout a foot or so, rounded up) being round 50 USD, that the price would be bout 250 - 300 USD (Twice the height, bout twice the width, plus possible mould repairs, and low amounts produced, etc. etc.)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

Treadshot A1 wrote:They won't be if there's an encore one! :lol:

I'm guessing with Fort max being 2 feet tall, and a Leader class (bout a foot or so, rounded up) being round 50 USD, that the price would be bout 250 - 300 USD (Twice the height, bout twice the width, plus possible mould repairs, and low amounts produced, etc. etc.)
That doesn't seem unrealistic, no. What does seem unrealistic, to me, is the concept of it happening, at least outside of Japan. Available as an import again, sure!

I am in the US, btw. I may be biased because of my local market, but Leader class toys are shelf warmers here. And then you get into the Supreme class. I can't think of a single Supreme class TF that didn't end up on clearance. If this is true overall, a $200+ TF probably isn't the best move for Hasbro. (And then there's the drop test to get around, which prevents Maximus from being here in the first place...)
BlacknRedTed wrote:$94.00, naww I will pass. Didnt a repaint of these guys come out a while back in camo colors and it was available at wal=mart for $50 ? And I think that is to much to for these guys to. Yeah they are one of the first combiner teams, but they cant really do to much but that, and I dont think they are worth $50, let alone almost $100 now. I will pass.
There were no less than four repaints of this mold around 2000-2002. Car Robot, RID(which was different enough from the CR version to warrant both, for me at least), the urban camo and desert camo. The two latters were Wa-Mart exclusives, IIRC, but I remember them running only around $25 at my locals. (And the desert camo I saw on clearance for roughly half that after I'd already gotten it...:|)
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Agreed. It probably wouldn't be a good move for Hasbro or Takara to release outside of Jap, especially after Ultimate Bumblebee & Rollout Prime.

I know there's a die hard group of Ult. BB fans. I won't forget that time in the reviews section for a while, ut it just seemed to shelfwarm here.

Though, i doubt it would be possible to get F.Max out of Jap anyway, thx to that awful drop test.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

S_Windell wrote:That doesn't seem unrealistic, no. What does seem unrealistic, to me, is the concept of it happening, at least outside of Japan. Available as an import again, sure!

I am in the US, btw. I may be biased because of my local market, but Leader class toys are shelf warmers here. And then you get into the Supreme class. I can't think of a single Supreme class TF that didn't end up on clearance. If this is true overall, a $200+ TF probably isn't the best move for Hasbro. (And then there's the drop test to get around, which prevents Maximus from being here in the first place...)

There were no less than four repaints of this mold around 2000-2002. Car Robot, RID(which was different enough from the CR version to warrant both, for me at least), the urban camo and desert camo. The two latters were Wa-Mart exclusives, IIRC, but I remember them running only around $25 at my locals. (And the desert camo I saw on clearance for roughly half that after I'd already gotten it...:|)
Man I wish they where that price at my wal-mart when they where out. I didnt pick up the urban camo set because it was $50, and I never saw the desert camo set. I picked up 2 of the RID combaticons(onslaught and movor), but I couldnt never find the rest in stores for some reason. I wish this set would come out again, and at a good price, because $94.00 is just to much for me to pay for a brick basically. He looks cool, but that is about it.
Clay

Post by Clay »

S_Windell wrote:That doesn't seem unrealistic, no. What does seem unrealistic, to me, is the concept of it happening, at least outside of Japan. Available as an import again, sure!
That toy will never be released in the United States again because it can't pass the safety test of not shattering when dropped.