Grimlock remold is WHEELJACK

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Grimlock remold is WHEELJACK

Post by Nevermore »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 87740&rd=1

Okay, the two remolds have been revealed... Now who's gonna be the Mitsubishi and the Acura?
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

That looks pretty spiffy. Didn't know that the Grimlock mold would work for Wheeljack, but I'm certainly pleasantly surprised.
Scarrita
Protoform

Post by Scarrita »

The sleeker head looks pretty cool but what about the Wheeljack "colors". It's a little thing, I know, but it just looks better.

PS:

Are we ever going to get original Decepticon designs?

Ever?

Any word?
Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe
something your intellect would otherwise cause
you to reject -- otherwise there's no need for faith.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Hmm. I'm not entirely convinced that's a prototype.
Are we ever going to get original Decepticon designs?
Incredibly doubtful. It's Takara's line, and bad guys historically have tended not to sell as well in Japan.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Are we ever going to get an equal number of decepticons to face the autobots?

We get 2 variations of Smokescreen, a useless remold of grimlock...and four decepticons to face eight autobots! Keep this up, takara :(
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Wow, is that random or what?

Grimlock's mold with Jazz's colours and Wheeljack's head. And if it's an actual prototype, the Hasbro version might end up getting called Downshift.

If it had more Wheeljack-ish colours...maybe. But it the final scheme is anything like that? I'll pass, thank you.

[EDIT]And if they hadn't wasted the Tracks remold on Ravage of all things, that would have made a much better Wheeljack.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Denyer
Hmm. I'm not entirely convinced that's a prototype.

Bodycount of TFans, who claims to have some "connections", claims he knew this was coming for some time...
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Looking at the number of other proto auctions, seems reasonable.
Originally posted by Warcry
[EDIT]And if they hadn't wasted the Tracks remold on Ravage of all things, that would have made a much better Wheeljack.
Can't see it working, personally.
Civ

Post by Civ »

I saw a few Photoshop edits of a Wheeljack head on a Track's mold floating around a few months ago. Bidbadtoystore had a premature selling of one where the link is still up but the pic is gone. From what I remember, the pic was basically a white car with a Wheeljack head that didn't look too bad. I did a google search but came up empty trying to find it.

I'm also a bit disappointed with this choice of figure design for Wheeljack. The figure itself looks fine and I'm sure it's very articulate but it doesn't feel like a good choice for a Wheeljack head. Personally, I would have gone with one of the other Stunticons, Runamuck, Runabout, or some other car Transformer. Hell, maybe a Seeker like Thundercracker would have worked well with those door wings. I might have gone with something daring and have it be an Alternator Hot Shot based on the Energon version since it looks a lot like it, but Wheeljack just doesn't sit well with me for some reason or another.

I'll most likely get the figure, but I would have gone with a Track's mold for Wheeljack.
Seerus Nalaius
Protoform

Post by Seerus Nalaius »

First we get a Shockwave Aternator, then Wheeljack? Awesome. :D
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by Denyer
Incredibly doubtful. It's Takara's line, and bad guys historically have tended not to sell as well in Japan.

Except Hasbro's indicated interest in either coming up with their own designs or somehow coercing Takara into breaking from their routine in the line.
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Excellent! I might customize the color stripes when it comes out, but otherwise, I like it. ^^
Almighty Galvatron
Protoform

Post by Almighty Galvatron »

Just a thought, if HasTak follows the curretn pattern for remolds then won't Wheeljack end up being a decepticon? The fact that hasbro said somewhere a while back that they were reserving the name for decepticons following armada leaves me witha sneaking suspicion that Wheeljack may be in line for a faction change, and those autobot insignias might just be like the ones that seem to appear on all the decepticon protos...
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Quite possible. Also note in the picture of his back, that you can barely make out the "grmlck" text. At least, it doesn't look like an abbreviation of Wheeljack that I can see.

It's kind of the same as the "Sunstreaker" prototype having the Bot insignia in his chest before he became Dead End.
Scarrita
Protoform

Post by Scarrita »

I think, with the head and all, that it isn't gonna be anyone but Wheeljack. It's kinda distinctive, but I wouldn't rule out a Decepticon from this mold. Although it would be nice if they got their own molds. But what would they be....
Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe
something your intellect would otherwise cause
you to reject -- otherwise there's no need for faith.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Originally posted by Scarrita
I think, with the head and all, that it isn't gonna be anyone but Wheeljack. It's kinda distinctive, but I wouldn't rule out a Decepticon from this mold.

That would be wise. It's not a 100% guarantee that the mold will be Wheeljack simply because the head is highly similar to G1 Wheeljack's head. Remember when Dead End was coming out and we saw those prototype pics? Most of us thought it was going to Sunstreaker because of the head and he was the same model of car as Sideswipe (or Side Swipe to be technically accurate). From what I remember, quite a few people were surprised that Dead End was going to be the end product.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Re: Grimlock remold is WHEELJACK

Post by the_escaflowne_2k »

Originally posted by Nevermore

Okay, the two remolds have been revealed... Now who's gonna be the Mitsubishi and the Acura?

Isn't there still the Honda remold to be revealed yet or have i missed it? Or are you just counting remolds of ones released so far?

Post by guest »

Hmmm, where have we seen this before....sunstreakers head, his brother side swipes body....autobots insignias...oh yeah that's deadend. Now wheeljacks head and autobots insignias...a white body with blue racing stripes, perhaps one of deadends buddies. Don't get your hopes up for wheeljack, this has happened to us before, my money is on breakdown.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I, for one, thought the Dead End switcheroo was brilliant. They got the fans hyped for Sunstreaker, then released him as Dead End. It got people talking, so more people will be like "I like that mold. I'll get it." Of course, I was glad to see that it wasn't Sunstreaker because there weren't (and still aren't) enough decepticons in this line.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by guest
Don't get your hopes up for wheeljack, this has happened to us before, my money is on breakdown.

It would make more sense of the stripes.

Plus there were the Brakedown rumours from a few months ago...
According to reports that have been confirmed several times, Hasbro hinted backstage at the Official Transformers Collectors' Convention in August 2004 that an Alternators toy was planned that's supposed to be based on the Stunticon Breakdown. However, since this name would most probably not meet any car company's approval, Hasbro would instead use a new, preferrably similar sounding name - and indeed, Hasbro currently own the trademark to the name "Brakedown"…
[/pilfered from that Nevermore bloke's site]