Can anyone who has contact with the outside world...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

Can anyone who has contact with the outside world...

Post by Cliffjumper »

...please explain to me what Justin Bieber (sp?) is and why the internet is full of people going on about how much they want him to die? Is he like the new Twilight where the people who like it are nowhere near as annoying as all the whining retards who don't? Is he a pop singer or something?
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Cliffjumper wrote:...please explain to me what Justin Bieber (sp?) is and why the internet is full of people going on about how much they want him to die? Is he like the new Twilight where the people who like it are nowhere near as annoying as all the whining retards who don't? Is he a pop singer or something?
New leader of the Labour party. I think.
Wreck and Rule!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Ahhh, Justin Bieber Milliband. Sorted. Ta!
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVLmC8Motfg

This should explain everything...
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

All too easy. This is a 'girly-boy' quasi-singer that's being pushed by the RIAA as the 'new big thing' for tweenie-girls. Okay, that's going to be super-annoying in and of itself, but the guy is also dumb as a ****ing post.

"We don't use that word in America", referring to the word "German" in an interview.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

TFVanguard wrote:"We don't use that word in America"
:eyebrow: He's Canadian. I think that disqualifies him from being a spokesman for America.

Unfortunately, him being Canadian also means that our media just won't shut up about the creepy, effeminate little brat, even more so than in the States. Most people who hate him probably haven't heard any of his music and just hate him on principle, in much the same way as people hate Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton for being in the 'news' all the time.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Warcry wrote::eyebrow: He's Canadian. I think that disqualifies him from being a spokesman for America.
Well there's your problem! :)
Unfortunately, him being Canadian also means that our media just won't shut up about the creepy, effeminate little brat, even more so than in the States. Most people who hate him probably haven't heard any of his music and just hate him on principle, in much the same way as people hate Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton for being in the 'news' all the time.
Actually, most people hate Lohan for her blatant preferential treatment by California's legal system, otherwise she wouldn't attract any attention anymore. Paris Hilton is a non-person outside of the press, really. No one cares. This just is the Hollywood press worshipping itself.

Beiber is just another in the same parade. He's 'special' because the RIAA says so. So far, the only proof I have of him being 'special' involves the short bus.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

As far as I understand, it goes:

- Child puts videos of himself singing on the intertubes
- Videos get lots of hits
- Child gets given record contract, becomes flash-in-the-pan insta-celebrity.

Or something. Ignore it for long enough and it will fade.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Halfshell wrote: Ignore it for long enough and it will fade.
Yay. Now, if I could just resist the car-crash that is YouTube comments...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

He's the Canadian Ideon.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

To anyone my age, Justin Bieber is the incarnation of everything that you coulod hate. The little feminine brat is being used by a record-company, for starters, the fans hate anything in the direction of Rock and beyond, and the personality of the brat is the worst. I saw three seconds of his diary on the dreadfull, anti-rock thingie called MTV and he told his own teacher to go back in a cage. His mother was offended by this, and told him to apologize, but he felt too superior to the teacher to do so.

For these reasons, people my age hate him.
I can understand that anyone older then 21 might wonder what the heck this fuss is being about...
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Just wait a few months for when his voice begins to crack and his world begins to crumble around him.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

He's a singer with no particular talent but there's nothing terrible about him.
To really be annoyed by him you'd have to deliberately go out of your way to watch clips of him. Which is kind of pathetic.

The comparison to Twilight is apt. When I actually read the books (girlfriend is a big fan) they turned out to be alright. There was even a good number of nods to comic books, which I enjoyed. (although the last book is all build-up to a big fight that doesn't happen, which annoyed me no end)

Anyway, yeah. I like football. And monster trucks. And tits.
I like bears.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Rattrap's tail wrote:To anyone my age, Justin Bieber is the incarnation of everything that you coulod hate. The little feminine brat is being used by a record-company, for starters, the fans hate anything in the direction of Rock and beyond, and the personality of the brat is the worst. I saw three seconds of his diary on the dreadfull, anti-rock thingie called MTV and he told his own teacher to go back in a cage. His mother was offended by this, and told him to apologize, but he felt too superior to the teacher to do so.

For these reasons, people my age hate him.
I can understand that anyone older then 21 might wonder what the heck this fuss is being about...
Right. So what, according to a hip young gunslinger, is this fella displacing? As far as I can glean from this here thread, he's a pop puppet pitched at preteen girls. If someone goes back far enough they can probably identify a time when there wasn't one of these around, but we're talking of a time when preteen girls' main pastimes were carrying around stacks of books to ensure good posture.

The funny thing is pop music is generally excused on a rolling basis according to what was in the charts whenever said excuser was 12 - when I was in school most people hated Take That on principle, but now people will mention they did a few good pop tunes and have a general "fair play, lads" vibe towards them... Ditto the Spice Girls.

So this would be the same old self-styled alternative culture biting back hard against something which isn't aimed at them, under the block-headed assumption that preteen girls don't actually like op music, they like [cred serious muso of choice] but the record companies aren't letting them for some arcane reason.

Only seen New Moon. It wasn't great, but it wasn't at all abysmal, all things considered, and the chap who played the lead werewolf actually had a pretty good screen presence to him. Both Edward and Bella rubbed me up the wrong way, but that's possibly because they're a crush and an idenficiation figure respectively for someone half my age and of a different gender.
inflatable dalek

Rattrap's tail wrote:The little feminine brat
What's feminine about him then? Just that he sings cheesy pop? Or that more women than you'll ever meet want to sleep with him?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

inflatable dalek wrote:What's feminine about him then? Just that he sings cheesy pop? Or that more women than you'll ever meet want to sleep with him?
He has longish hair and a voice that doesn't sound like he smokes forty a day.

Ergo, he's a girl.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Halfshell wrote:He has longish hair and a voice that doesn't sound like he smokes forty a day.

Ergo, he's a girl.
For once in my life agreeing with Halfshell seems to be the best option for me now, because he's right....
inflatable dalek

Rattrap's tail wrote:For once in my life agreeing with Halfshell seems to be the best option for me now, because he's right....
I've had long hair in the past (well, at least as long as this bloke's which only seems to be so by Mr. Burn's definition), don't smoke and like cheesy pop over try hard "serious" music. Am I feminine?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Rattrap's tail wrote:For once in my life agreeing with Halfshell seems to be the best option for me now, because he's right....
He was also taking the piss.
inflatable dalek

Halfshell wrote:He was also taking the piss.
You? Taking the piss? Surely not.