Just Got Leader Prime

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Vincent
Protoform

Just Got Leader Prime

Post by Vincent »

Well, Saudi Arabia just got a wave of Transformer toys from the movie line. Yippee!

Leader Prime is just awesome. Though right know I'm kind of annoyed that I didn't pick up Deluxe Wreckage. Hear good things about him and last time I was there, there was only one of him left! I may ask my brother (since I'm in a different city) to go over and hide him behind someof the other toys. Is that cheating? :glance:

I really have only two gripes with Leader Prime, though. 1) Accesories. I mean, sure he has a gun and can be attached firmly (though not to the hand) but I really really wanted a matrix! Am I the only one? He would've looked so cool. And 2) the head. It's perfectly fine but I really wish it could be adjusted to look up and down. Imagine the poses! I wanted to give a sort of admiring/contemplating pose as he looks up in the sky. I'm also not sure yellow lights was the best option.

I am also enjoying this automorph feature, though I wish the one in his chest and head would've morphed more slowly. I think it'd be cooler that way. And big, big love for articulate feet.

And I'm not sure why people are saying the color scheme is bad. Maybe it's just the version I got but it looks real great. I also love how there's a gradient effect near the cover of the tires to sort of give a metallic shine to it.

I'm hearing there are "waves" involved so we may be getting another one just yet here. Hear good things about Ratched and Bonecrusher.

Just thought I'd share.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Glad you're enjoying your new figure, it's really a wonder of toy technology.

Not so sure about the matrix seems he didn't seem to be holding one in the movie, but there's enough tech detail in the chest to make up for it. Moreover, where would it be stored if there's a path to be kept clear for the automorph lever?

I'm with you about the head though. A ball joint *might* have made things messier (imagine if one antenna got stuck to the sides while needing to go up to transform) but it would surely increase playability options. The ball joint for the neck and revolving wrists would really make this figure just perfect.

Ratchet is one terrific figure as well, in fact, most of the movie autobots (especially the main cast) make for one mean detailed team.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
superquad7
Protoform
Custom Title: TFW2005 Supermod

Post by superquad7 »

That's great you finally got one! He's really one of my favorite toys in a while (and I'm not buying many movie toys anyways; I still only own 6). My MAJOR gripe with him is the lack of chrome. Chrome on the grill and many other places would have just popped this guy right out so much more. Aside from that (and the cab section; I'd rather had the Voyager cab's inside versus all of the electronics), I have no real gripes with it. :)
Check out my "Transformers: Alterations" by clicking above! (But don't click my homepage!)
Preda

Post by Preda »

I also love my Leader Prime,and I think that there could have been some things to make it better.It would have been great to have a Prime with the sword he killed Bonecrusher with instead of his gun(I usually display him without it,think it looks better).Th second thing that I am missing is an Autobot insignia.I know he has one on his hood/toe...but thats the only one.It's strange that the leader of the Autobots has only one insignia on his left toe.Would have been great to see one on his chest or on his shoulder.And about the chrome stuff...I hope that there will be a Masterpiece of this figure somewhere in the future.I think it was too expensive to turn all the grey plastic into chrome.
Besides that,I think Leader Prime is totally awesome.
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

I agree, some chrome would've been real nice. But that would've given the price tag a significant boost.

And Dramon, you are talking about deluxe Ratchet, right? Because, honestly, my wallet can't handle another Leader figure for a while.

There's something else I noticed about the automorph. It won't activate in any situation. Unless the arms are in their normal position in robot mode the automorph won't activate! I thought that was kinda cool. There was also something about the foot automorph, but I can't remember.

And ya, a signia on the left toe isn't actually fitting for the leader of the autobots. And considering how the chest is hidden during vehicle form they could've easily slipped in an insignia. Though now that I think about it, I can't think of a place on the chest for the insignia to be one without seeming like a bill board.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Originally posted by Vincent

And Dramon, you are talking about deluxe Ratchet, right? Because, honestly, my wallet can't handle another Leader figure for a while.

The Ratchet I'm talking about is a Voyager, not a deluxe. Substantially cheaper than a Leader [about half price]. Don't know what kind of deal you'll get if you buy them locally, I've personally given up trying to get any transformers locally, it's always cheaper to import.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
holygrail_4
Protoform

Post by holygrail_4 »

Prime is pretty sweet. I can forgive the lack of accessories only because of the scale as well as the detailing on him. Other than a Masterpeice TF, Big Red is about as detailed as they come.

Personally, my fav movie figure has to be my first - Blackout. He's a Voyager and despite the problems some have found with the breaking/stress marks on his shoulder tabs, he is still a wonderful figure. The other thing about him that impresses me is there are no itty-bitty springs that will no doubt self destruct over the years - this bad boy is solid compared to the likes of Ironhide. Having said that, the big black truck is darn cool - just his hood fragility concerns me.

If you haven't got them already, I'd highly recommend either of them. :)
Chuck Norris invented black. In fact, he invented the entire spectrum of visible light. Except pink. Tom Cruise invented pink.