Charity Shop Haul

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Aardvark

Charity Shop Haul

Post by Aardvark »

Right, so I work in a charity (thrift) shop whenever they're in dire need of an extra set of helping hands -- obviously I don't get paid, but I can have all the electronic goods (As they're not allowed to sell 'em) and comic-stuff I want. Anyway, I got a rather large haul the other day, which I’ll start to wade through soon enough. Are any of these reasons for me to be chuffed?

1972 Superman Annual- Doesn't look great, but it does have a scene with a bearded Superman clone writing his will on the back of a crossword puzzle.

Hitman: Ace Of Killers TPB- I've read a lot of positive reviews of Hitman -- would this be a god place to start?

Fantastic Four Dojigger- Some rubbish adaptation of the rubbish FF cartoon from the 60s. @__@

Largo Winch: Golden Gate TPB- Snazzy lookin’ Belgian comic -- shame I have no idea what's going on. :(

Snake Eyes: Volume 2- Underground, "satire"," b-movie" thingamajig. Graphic, violent, gross, etc.

Wham! And Pow!- Fleetway annual from 1972. On The Trail Of The Invisible Man looks nice.

X-Men In The Savage Land TPB- Sauron! I loved him in the X-Men cartoon. I don't know a great deal about X-Men comics -- has he ever been in any decent stories?

Oh, and a few Captain America comics. Apparently the Cap's got a new shield. zOMG!

[Note: Annuals as in the British, large-sized, hardcover books]
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Ace of Killers is pretty damn good, to be honest, but I'm afraid from memory I can't remember whether it's the best jump-on point - I seem to remember it's probably not ideal, but doesn't contain too many direct spoilers, if you follow.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

what cap comics?? 80's?

also that hitman tpb is a good find
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

IIRC, Largo is about this über-rich kid that inherits his dads' multinational company when he gets assassinated or something, and decides to be 'good' rather than 'bad' like all the other multinationals.

I thumbed through it once in a book store but I followed the tv series spin off a bit and that was naff. I suppose at least it was good enough to get a tv series spin off though.