Is it worth getting all the deluxe Armada toys?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
-Predaking-
Protoform

Is it worth getting all the deluxe Armada toys?

Post by -Predaking- »

I don't particular like Cyclonus, Demolisher, and Hot Shot but I am loving all the minicons so I want to know if it's really worth forking over the $$$ just to get the 'cons. Unless those TFs are really good just that they look pretty awful. Anybody with these 3 TFs let me know how they fare.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I have all three of them. They aren't the pretiest, but they do have a lot of play value because of all the features that can be unlocked with the Minicons. I'd recommend getting them.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Cyclonus is cool. I like his vehicle mode with crumplezone attached. He doesn't look to good in vehicle mode without him, though.
Ranma
Protoform

Post by Ranma »

I love my demolisher, yeah he doesnt look good in pictures, but once you have him in your hands youll love him.
Nifty!
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Thusfar, I have all of the releases except for Laserbeak, and no Wave 2 things in my area other than the minicons...

I have the 5 packs of minicons, and I know what you mean about them. They are cool littl guys.

I have to say Hotshot looks funny, Red Alert is top heavy, Prime sux in BIG BOT mode, but looks cool in reg prime mode,
Megatron Rules, Starscream rules, but is top heavy, and if you mount his sword, it puts a stress mark in his fist.

Demolisher is cool, Cyclonus is ok, except for his orange broken nose face, and I think that about does it.

I like Demolisher a lot in Tank mode....
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

I have all 3 deluxes and they are my favorites so far. Hot Shot looks goofy, but if you pull down the visor and get out the cannon he looks like a badass (albeit a yellow one). His Mini, Jolt, is my favorite so far. Demolishor is cool, especially since you can flip out a chair in back for Blackout to sit in. Cyclonus is cool with Crumplezone attached and he can do a gerwalk mode. Crumplezone isn't so great on his own though. I would recommend these 3, especially if your TF collection is on a budget.
Brawn
Protoform

Post by Brawn »

I have bought every one of these silly Wave 1 Armada Toys, and they are absolute crap...

Save your money, save your time...

Starscream isn't even posable, Redalert looks like an underpainted Tonka Toy, Hotshot Doesn't even have feet, Optimus looks like a remade (Badly) remake of Lazerod Optimus/Black Convoy, Megatron is decent, but the box
says ADVANCED! and I transformed him in less than a minute!

The Deceptions are total trash...
The Cons that were made in the '80s were made much better even in todays standards... And some of them weren't originally from that toy line....Oh "Hasbroke" Show your fanbase some type of understanding...

Give me some posablity, Something that is somewhat realistic, and I'll maybe consider buying another Wave....

Bottom line...

The Beastmachine Toys were far more articulate than these pieces of cheep plastic, and I Really Hated Beast Machines and their toys/Gimick....

I didn't die...I just went away for a while!
Roy Fokker

Post by Roy Fokker »

Hotspots minicon attachs to his.. lower waist. That's all I needed to know to avoid him. The other two are pretty good. I believe4 Cyclonus has an edge on Demolisher though.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Originally posted by Brawn
Hotshot Doesn't even have feet
Yes he does, the driving claws are his feet

The Beastmachine Toys were far more articulate than these pieces of cheep plastic, and I Really Hated Beast Machines and their toys/Gimick....

Than you better get rid of all your silly, absolute crap G1 toys since they're not as articulate as Beast Machines. If you liked any G1 toys, than there's no reason to demand articulation for Armada. Armada does have poseability though. Megatron is probably least articulate of them all, but I don't really care, I'm not having battles in my backyard with them. And what's wrong with gimmicks? Transforming robots is a gimmick! Almost all of G1 was gimmicks!
lordfril
Protoform

Post by lordfril »

I really dont want to spend 40 bucks for Armada Prime... All i want is his normal robot mode... I could care less about that dumb ass trailer of his and his super mode.