Legends Jazz - the worst of a bad lot?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.

What do you think of Movie Legends Jazz?

Great - I love him!
No votes
Indifferent - he does the job.
11%
Awful - the worst of the line (and maybe all LOC)!
78%
Dislike all Movie Legends figures.
No votes
Dislike all wee tranformers - what's the point?
11%

Total votes: 9

numbat

Legends Jazz - the worst of a bad lot?

Post by numbat »

Well, I finally ended up with Movie Legends Jazz.

I hated the design when I first saw it - the car mode has an extra car front on the roof for crimeny! The designers have really taken liberties with the Movie Legends toys, that go far beyond shortcuts necessary given the scale of toy and incredible complexity of the film designs. But, come on, Jazz really takes the piss!

However, I was very keen on Legends Bonecrusher, and Clay kindly picked up this set, along with the other four from this wave. I am enjoying Bonecrusher, and had hoped Jazz would be better in reality.

In fact, though, he's worse than I had anticipated! I can't think of an occasion when that has come about before!

As far as I can tell, he has an awful car mode, and dreadful robot mode. The legs are rediculous, with the windscreen projecting up so as his peg arms (with film innaccurate hands...) have to project forwards. You would have thought, given the extreme design liberties taken, that they could have at least managed a serviceable robot mode!!!!

I can't stop transforming him. I just don't know which awful mode to leave him in! Again, a first for me... (Normally I'll play around this much because I love both modes or really enjoy the transformation - and, by the way, Jazz's is not great fun...)

But, is it just me?

Does anyone out there like the guy?

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I don't think he's terrible . . .

I ended up picking up the TRU legends 6-pack. Out of all the figures in that set I really only liked Barricade a lot. Jazz was decent. Bumblebee and Prime got a big, fat "meh" from me, and I disliked Starscream and Megs (robot mode is all right on Megs, as is the jet mode for screamer, but their other modes aren't so great).

Later on I picked up the Brawl vs Rescue Ratchet set. Ratchet's not great in terms of articulation, but he looks good in both modes. Brawl is ridiculawesome and easily my favorite movie legends figure out of the ones I have.

I'm very tempted by the BB vs Scorponok set just to get Scorpy, but I passed on it last time I saw it. We'll see.
Clay

Post by Clay »

numbat wrote:the car mode has an extra car front on the roof for crimeny!
I noticed that, too. That struck me as incredibly crap.
numbat

Post by numbat »

RID Scourge wrote:I'm very tempted by the BB vs Scorponok set just to get Scorpy, but I passed on it last time I saw it. We'll see.
Yeah, I really want to get hold of Scorpy. I have BB three times now in various forms though... I actually quite like him though.

Prime and Screamer are fine by me. Prime's alt mode is great, and Screamer's impressive all round, in my view. Bonecrusher's a similar kettle of fish to Prime, so may be best to pass there is you don't already have him. He's quite a tad better designed though, and robot mode ain't too bad.

Barricade is without doubt great fun.

Not so taken with Bluicade though... But he does come with Bumblejumper!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Clay wrote:I noticed that, too. That struck me as incredibly crap.
And, turns out he is, lol!

Bonecrusher's nifty though, so worth it. (I was really worried with the set - Bonecrusher was the one I thought looked best of the wave [although Ironhide I wanted more...], and I could just see it turning out to be awful, and there I'd be sat with Jazz too! Thankfully, it did not work out that way!)

Also items on eBay.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Clay wrote:I noticed that, too. That struck me as incredibly crap.
That struck me as crap too. And the wierd prongs on the front of the car.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
numbat

Post by numbat »

Treadshot A1 wrote:That struck me as crap too. And the wierd prongs on the front of the car.
Those weird prongs allow him to stand in robot mode... dunno why they couldn't have had something flip out, but, then, I don't know why they didn't totally redesign the mess!

Also items on eBay.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Has anybody noticed that Jazz's spoiler comes off? What's that for?!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bludgeon-X
Protoform

Post by Bludgeon-X »

his chest design in robotmode/roof in car mode is the worst part of him.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I wouldn't say that. Every part of him is just as crap. Which basically renders him CRAP.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]