suggest some minicons!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
*BARRAGE*

suggest some minicons!

Post by *BARRAGE* »

i have recently just purchased "Airazor vs Steamhammer" and "Shockwave vs Tankor" minicon sets, and have become enthralled by the minicons... any suggestions on good minicons to get?
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
PresidentSEARS

Post by PresidentSEARS »

I wasalways more of a fan of Micromasters - they had more character to them, although the Minicon's are more poseable - the plastic was always painted dodgy colours.
The only Minicons I own (along with Primus and Vector Prime/Alpha Trion the only Armada/Cybertron figures) I own are:
Safeguard/Un-named Minicon (Alpha Trion version of Safeguard) and Crumplezone which I picked up at a carboot sale for about 5p.

Oh I completely forgot Unicron and Dead End,
So that's Safeguard/Un-named Minicron, Crumplezone and Dead End.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Either Google or eBay for some ideas and go from there. There are always several minicons on offer and many of them in sets (although one eBay seller splits up teams so you have to buy 3 sets, grrr!). As one man's meat is another man's poison, I don't think I'll suggest any by name, but do watch out for those with rotor blades as these can be quite easily damaged.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
chiasaur11
Protoform

Post by chiasaur11 »

Dinobot minicons. THEY ARE TINY DINOSAURS!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I'd say any mold that finds its roots in the Armada series. The rest are pretty lacklustre, in comparison, imo.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Of the more recent lots. the Dirt Diggers are great (Classics).

Giant team from Cybertron are fun, and heading back to Armada you have loadsa choice really, although they are far more simple. My experience is that the best seemed to be available only with the larger 'bots, although the land military chaps are great in any paint scheme!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Aye. Goant planet are the only ones that I've really been impressed with, post-armada. I still need to check out dirt-digger.
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

actually recently purchased Giant planet minis... i dig them pretty well...

i just bought a minicon jetfire vs (umm, can't remember) and am diggin them as well...

i'm tryin to hold off on many more purchases... my primary goal is to finish the movie decepticons (except megatron, he looks awful and i didn't dig him in the movie) and replace the ones i had as a kid (starscream and dinobot are the only ones left for my collection as a kid, as i found a legends G1 Prowl)

thanks for the suggestions
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Armada Street action team
CLA minicons
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Originally posted by PresidentSEARS
I wasalways more of a fan of Micromasters - they had more character to them, although the Minicon's are more poseable - the plastic was always painted dodgy colours.
The only Minicons I own (along with Primus and Vector Prime/Alpha Trion the only Armada/Cybertron figures) I own are:
Safeguard/Un-named Minicon (Alpha Trion version of Safeguard) and Crumplezone which I picked up at a carboot sale for about 5p.

Oh I completely forgot Unicron and Dead End,
So that's Safeguard/Un-named Minicron, Crumplezone and Dead End.

Pres, Alpha Trion's Mincon has a name now. It's Beta Maxx. Here's a link to the Botcon website. It has a PDF fo a MtMtE bio for him.
Botcon.com (Beta Maxx)

I have a few minicons, but not many.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Giant planet team rocks.

But Micromasters are better. WAY better.

All minicons can do is 'powerlinx', i prefer the bases provided by bigger figures for micromasters. More VALUE, and easier to display.

However, if you are looking for minicons, get ones that become weapons as a third mode (terradive, thunderwing, gunbarrel, prowl, makeshift, firebot, etc.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Damolisher
Protoform

Post by Damolisher »

Beta Maxx?! What the hell happened? Vee-CeeArr taken?
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Originally posted by Damolisher
Beta Maxx?! What the hell happened? Vee-CeeArr taken?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Don't blame me for the name. I didn't come up with it. IF it were my call, I would have named it Sage, or something along those lines. It works though, so, I'm not complaining.
Damolisher
Protoform

Post by Damolisher »

Yeah, well come on. Well, if they wanted to go the full hog, they should've made him a former wrestler, and made his finisher the Death Valley Driver. (For obvious reasons. And if they aren't that obvious to you, take note of the first letter of each of those words.)
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Yeah, well come on. Well, if they wanted to go the full hog, they should've made him a former wrestler, and made his finisher the Death Valley Driver. (For obvious reasons. And if they aren't that obvious to you, take note of the first letter of each of those words.)
I got it.

I think the reason they went with the name is because he is supposed to be this ancient, "relic" of a bot, much like the obsolete "relics" that are Beta-max VCRs that his name is inspired by. It was actually a pretty clever bit of naming.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

If one bot's got the word alpha in it's name, it not surprising that there is the word beta in it's partner's name.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Damolisher
Protoform

Post by Damolisher »

Plus it's an homage to Alpha Trion's old partner, Beta, I bet.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Plus it's an homage to Alpha Trion's old partner, Beta, I bet.
I wouldn't necessarily go that far considering that the original Beta was a femme.
Damolisher
Protoform

Post by Damolisher »

The name would still be a double homage, regardless. Dont' forget, Botcon is a conventoin for Transformers fans, not for the general kid audience. Tankor was never a train, but his micromaster homage in Universe is. If its a sly nod to something, it desn't matter. The name Beta Maxx is not only referring to the old machine, but the use of Beta is clearly an homage to his old parnter, hence Alpha and Beta.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Just today, I got Razorclaw vs. Steamhammer and Shockwave vs. Tankor. Unfortunately, Steamhammer's feet aren't flush with the ground, it takes a lot of persuasion to get Tankor to stay up, Razorclaw can't stand up, and Shockwave has parts that keep popping off. As you can see, I'm not impressed!:mad:
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.