More Geoff Senior inks from UK TF Comic!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

More Geoff Senior inks from UK TF Comic!

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Available to buy on the 19th July '07 in the UK. Titan books have just sent me the following new pieces of art work (click for hi-res versions).
I also have the pencil sketches available if anyone's interested.
Image Image
Check out - http://www.titanmagazines.co.uk/transformers/ for more info!
jhlucas
Protoform

Post by jhlucas »

I've always loved Geoff's work. Looks like he's still got it.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Nice. I'm really looking forward to this.

You got 'em in higher res by any chance?
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

just the PNG files that are linked at the moment I'm afraid.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

OH. MY. GOD.

Haven't been this excited about something Transformers-related since... Ooooh... Erm... We have a new champion!

Look at that stuff, that's brilliant. Someone should print that out and staple it to every other TF artist's head, just to make them aware that they could do better. I mean, it's going to be ruined when someone runs it through Photoshop like it's a run-of-the-mill piece of TF art (what it really needs is Gina), but wow.
verytired

Post by verytired »

His artwork has definitely improved as well: it resembles a more controlled Kevin O'neil I think. Truly astounding.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

On a more important note.... WILL IT BE AVAILABLE IN THE U.S.? Oh, please, say yes, yes, yes, etc.......

Um... I really like it.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Titan have confirmed they don't have US distribution rights. So it's either down to IDW doing a deal with them to reprint a compilation of the additional material (which I wouldn't rule out [though I haven't asked] as they've done it with the official club material) or eBay. Steve from OneShallStand is trying to work out some way of offering to overseas customers.

I imagine most US interest will be for the first issue and drop off sharply after that, because the international shipping is expensive.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Denyer
I imagine most US interest will be for the first issue and drop off sharply after that, because the international shipping is expensive.

Plus IIRC large format takes the thing into a much pricier shipping bracket. For a single issue, it'd be hugely disproportionate - from memory, it's something stupid like about £5/$10 for a single, large format magazine, and I think rates have gone up since I last sent something like that in the direction.

Considering IDW have reprinted TF material so common it's practically public domain, I'd guess this is basically guaranteed a US print in some form. It'd beat Marvel stuff anyone who cares has six times over as material for Generations, for starters.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Not sure about singles, but I used to send packages of retail-bought UK format comics to the US every three or four months, and it wasn't anywhere near that much. I think people would be looking at roughly double cover price -- the problem is that the dollar is very weak versus UK currency.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Hmm, that's odd (though wouldn't double the cover be about £5?)... That's honestly about what it was for me to send one copy of a mag to someone (I may be remembering packing as well, actually, but that wouldn't have been much). I do know it's not that much more to send 3-4 issues than 1 - it's the dimensions that stiff you. Comics generally aren't the cheapest thing to ship.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

That's bloody good isn't it?

I'd assume IDW would get the reprint rights as part of the deal that allows Titan to reprint their stuff.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

o(^.^o)

You're my funny valentine,
Sweet comic valentine,
You make me smile with my heart.
Your looks are laughable, un-photographable,
Yet, youre my favorite work of art.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
wouldn't double the cover be about £5?
Yeah, but that'd be all in -- not just the postage.

If you were sending something like Star Trek Monthly it'd be significantly heavier, and there's a sharp curve in price as things get heavier. TPBs are hellishly expensive to post by Airmail.