Books of Magic

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Silly Cow

Books of Magic

Post by Silly Cow »

So, they've started to publish the Books of Magic here in Finland too (altough with a stupid Magic Fantasy title). One local issue seems to cover two original issues. I've read the first TPB and I recall that it covered the first four issues.
So I'm asking, what's the series like after the first TPB. Is it any good? Is it as good as the start? Should I spend five and a half euros for an issue? Should I trust any of your answers?
Thanks D!
Denyer

*grins*

Post by Denyer »

Well, I read an excellent one which had Death of the Endless in it (it was the last of a set of four), but the preceding three chapters were pretty dull. Basically it's the bit with the manticore and faerie, etc.

Another random issue I stumbled across involved John Constantine and a trip forward through time, which was extremely nicely done, IMO. You can see where Harry Potter was lifted from in places, too... the likeness was so close, DC considered legal action.

So, from what I've seen, it's a mixed bag, occasionally mediocre but never dire.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

I'm mostly with Denyer. I have all of the issue up to the curent and to me its always entertaining at least.