The TFArchive episode experiment begins next month!

Problem? Question? Suggestion? Post it here.
TFArchive
Custom Title: King Lurker

The TFArchive episode experiment begins next month!

Post by TFArchive »

Got your attention? Good :)

Here is what I'm planning to do. Seeing as BW/BM have both run through several times already and TF will be finished next month. I have decided to try posting more eps on a weekly basis. Here is what I mean.

Week1:
TF 1-3
BW 1-3
BM 1-3
RID 1
HM 1
MF 1
VIC 1
Armada as they air

Week2:
TF 2-6
BW 2-6
BM 2-6
RID 2
HM 2
MF 2
VIC 2
Armada as they air

etc.

So basically, the site will be hosting all the different episodes in rotation. It is just a matter of me rotating them every week.

Why a week? I want to keep them fresh so everyone keeps coming back for more and hopefully keeps clicking on banners to keep the revenue flowing.

Now your probably asking how the server will handle that kind of load every week? Well to tell you the truth I don't know if it can but I will be making some changes to it to help, I will be limiting everyone to 2 connections so the morons using 10+ connections at once will no longer be able to hog the server. The server can do about 90GB of transfers a day so hopefully that will be enough :)

So starting next month a new era will begin again on TFArchive.com :)

Let me know what you think.
--
Brendan Reilly
The Transformers Archive
http://tfarchive.com/
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by TFArchive
a new era will begin again
Sounds just like Transformers, boss.

I'm in no position to download anything, but still greatly appreciate the effort you continue to make — all of the eps I've been sent on CD are your encodings, and it's given the fileswapping community a standard to work with.
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

YES YES YES!!!

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

I'll finally get to see the early eps of HM, MF and VIC :) :D

And even if it does go down fast, I'll manage to get episode 1 and 2 of each at the least :)

Thank you.
Vanos
Protoform

Post by Vanos »

hi! i really appreciate all the hard work of you guys! the new layout is a big step! but the best thing of all, i can finally get some HM episodes.....
maybe some of you might kill me for posting this, but if you get some traffic trouble again, just post HM 1, MF 1 or VIC 1 instead of transformers the movie etc. - cause they are really hard to find......and havn't most of us got all the other generations by now (...thanx to tfarchive.com) ??

best regards.....
Kees Witteveen
Protoform

Post by Kees Witteveen »

<i> and havn't most of us got all the other generations by now </i>

No no no ... i just downloaded +/- 20 eps in total ...

I would love to be able to down all the eps ...
Kees Witteveen - nOMAAM
Editor - Amiga.org
http://www.amiga.org
kees@amiga.org
x-brawn
Protoform

Post by x-brawn »

I really REALLY think what you guys do is great. I have been able to get a lot of the old cartoons that I grew up with and now I will be able to see some new ones also. THANKS A LOT TO ALL THAT MAKE THIS SITE.:D :D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Your starting to become a burr under my saddle!

Stuff I have for sale and trade
Scout

Post by Scout »

:D and this is part of why the Archives are so great...
Most excellent.
and it's good to repeat some things- so... many thanks again to all of the staff.
You folks all do so much!
:)

Scout
Astrotrain255
Protoform

Headmasters!!!

Post by Astrotrain255 »

Yesssss,that's G-R-E-A-T!
I never was able to watch these...I'll be counting the days...
Hope everyone contributes with the clicking-C'mon guys that won't hurt...
LigerZero
Protoform

Post by LigerZero »

I think this is a great idea. I really do hope that it works out.

One question though. Will the HM, MF, and VIC episodes be those 90mb RM files or are you going to encode them as 60MB AVI files?
THE WIND, THE CLOUD, AND THE ADVENTURE....

Check out my EBay Auction The Constructicons set of Knock Offs.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Maybe it'd be better if you rotated every other week. Poor people like me with our terrible 56k's will have trouble dling 3 episodes in one week (in the case of G1). 2 weeks would give much more time to get them all before the next ones come up.
joempn
Protoform

Post by joempn »

sounds great
http://www.joe-shredpage.cjb.net

not a transfromers page!
Bluntman
Protoform

the poor dialuppers

Post by Bluntman »

first off... HI fellow TF-Fans :D, my first post here so I thought I'd better be polite and say "hi"... *ahem* ok back on topic..

I'm with Alpha Trion here... I'm also a (lowly) 56k dialup user, and rotating the epps once a week might be a little quick for people like us... currently, with the once a month thing, it takes about a week or more for the load to settle down enough so I can actually CONNECT to the server and slowly suck this FANTASTIC service down my phoneline... I'm afraid that I'd be locked out by all the Braudband users (no offence) rushing for the new epps every week that the load on the server would prevent me from getting at the epps.

aside from this concern, with the fact of a wider variety of stuff availiable is a VERY sweet thing!!!
I guess we'll just see how this all panns out. :)
The Plant
Protoform

Post by The Plant »

Great! [clicks]
Sounds very very good. I hope this will be a solution to your current financial situation in relation to this site. I think I just confused myself again.....
Anyway, I'm also one of the many -56k users out there, and there is a problem with getting connected in the first place, but that's our problem, not yours. The limited number of eps at a time might help with that.
Thanks alot for everything you do for us. This site is the finest of it's kind.
[clicks]
Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good...and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence.
predaking79
Protoform

Post by predaking79 »

awesome!!! this sounds like such a great idea. i can't wait to have the MF/vic/rid stuff on disk. do you need any of the HM eps??? i have them all on cd.
Lemming
Protoform

Post by Lemming »

I will be limiting everyone to 2 connections

Just a question, but why isn't it 1 connection?
lady jaye
Protoform

Ep. rotation?

Post by lady jaye »

I’m glad that the eps will be rotating, esp. since all I’m missing is the first 16 eps from season 2 (I missed one of the rotations) plus a couple more from that same season.

However, I’m scrambling my brains trying to understand the exact structure of the rotation (week 1: 1-3, week 2: 2-6, etc.). What does it mean exactly? Three eps per week in order? Aside from this, it is a great idea. And I echo the opinion that even 2 connections at the same time might be penalizing some people.

Anyway, just love being able to see my beloved TF again! Now, if only someone would do the same for GI Joe...

And CD burners are a great invention, aren’t they?
Vincent Price
Protoform

Great!

Post by Vincent Price »

Hi, I'm new here as well.

It's great to finally get to see the HM, MF, Vic and RiD series! I downloaded all Gen1 episodes fomr the Archive!
I visit the site everyday to click the banners and support the servers. Guys, I really appreciate what you're doing! Keep up the good work!

About rotation...one the hand hand, we can get all the episodes really fast, but on the other hand it can take a while before you're able to connect.
Luckily, I'm in a different timezone, so I can start downloading at noon, when you're all asleep :D

Maybe the solution is to rotate the episodes every week, and move the episodes to your Kazaa folder, so we can share them with the people who 'missed' an episode?
Speaking of conservative candidates, I could just go on and on and on and on and on and not let anyone else get as word in it until I start foaming at the mouth and fall over backwards *starts foaming at the mouth and falls over backwards*
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

I think the new plan is great, despite being on dial-up, I'v learned to not care and just hammer, not as in connections(I only ever use one anyway), but as soon as I d/c, just reconnect straight away and just keep going, it'll be nice to have a strong 5.6Kb transfer flow again, it's always slow on Direct Connect, but it's handy, cause I need around 13 eps of RID, and a majority of Masterforce and Victory as i'm up to around ep 14 on each series, I'm in full support of this, I think I'll go click some banners :)
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Re: Great!

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Originally posted by Vincent Price
Maybe the solution is to rotate the episodes every week, and move the episodes to your Kazaa folder, so we can share them with the people who 'missed' an episode?
I think the general concensus is to avoid KaZaA (because of spyware) and if that were to happen, probably the Direct-Connect Hub (like Kazaa, without the spyware, and lots better from what I can gather) is the best course to take in that instance.

you can learn more about our DC hub here
Grimlock

Re: Re: Great!

Post by Grimlock »

Originally posted by StoneCold Skywarp
I think the general concensus is to avoid KaZaA (because of spyware)
Thats why there's KaZaA lite.
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)