ideas for Transformers the movie

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Skidmark

ideas for Transformers the movie

Post by Skidmark »

If any one has ideas for Transformers, share them here.

(note, this is my first thread posted. I am open to correction.)
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

You mean the upcoming live action movie? Making suggestions for the writers and producers? I'm afraid you're a little late for that, as the movie is already in the last stages of post-production.

Also, this is not news.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Forgive me. I meant the possible sequel.
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

Some beast formers, an example of a transformer hiding in a synthetic replication of a organic lifeform has held fascination to me since Beast Wars. Think along the lines of Bishop in Aliens or the replicants in Blade Runner but imagine if they had a robot mode.
Picture it: in the next movie in a active city, two guys walk together in a crowd all of a sudden their bodies shift revealing they are human sized robots, both bearing Autobot insignias, people panic and flee.
The robots look around frantic and scan everyone and then a old guy and his dog sends up a red flare on their vision, the old guy laughs and alters form into a Deceptiocn his dog transforms too into a shield and a gun.
Both battle, the Autobots are destroyed and then the Decepticons enter a car, they upload their sparks and are demolecularised in a flash, the car is the real body.

It's not totally new but it's a idea.
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
Rodimus_Prime's girl

Post by Rodimus_Prime's girl »

They should bring some more of the Autobots:
Ultra Magnus
Springer
Hot Rod
Blaster
Blurr
And the dinobots
Autbots! Transform---and roll out!
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Beast formers!! Then they'd really be"robots in disguise."But the pretender shell idea might be too complicated for the average movie goer.
Originaly posted by Rodimus_Prime's girl
They should bring some more of the Autobots
Ultra Magnus
Springer
Hot Rod Blaster
Blurr
And the dinobots:

Good choices, but Blurr might sound just plain annoying because of his speech impairment.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Well, assuming the first Movie is good enough to actually make me want a sequel:

To take the foundations of the first film and build on them to create a more complicated, interesting fictional universe.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Lots and lots of explosions.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Y'know, assuming this thing is worthwhile, I think the last thing it'd need would be to submit to fanboy character-stuffing. I mean, look at every Transformers media. The place they hit the wall, or at least go over a couple of gravel traps, is when a dozen new characters appear and are forced to share scant screen/panel time with the dozen extant ones. And yet here you are, demanding this.
Ice Shard
Protoform

Post by Ice Shard »

an evil optimus prime who has been brain washed by megatron
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

*facepalms*

*eats own hand*
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
The place they hit the wall, or at least go over a couple of gravel traps, is when a dozen new characters appear and are forced to share scant screen/panel time with the dozen extant ones.

The producers could ether 1. make the sequel 4 hours long to fit all the new characters in it.
2. They could kill off some of the original characters.
3. They could show the new characters but with limited roles in the movie.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Skidmark
The producers could ether 1. make the sequel 4 hours long to fit all the new characters in it.

Yeah... because people are going to sit through a 4 hour popcorn action movie (and make no mistake, that's essentially what we're getting).
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
Well, assuming the first Movie is good enough to actually make me want a sequel:

To take the foundations of the first film and build on them to create a more complicated, interesting fictional universe.

Even if the first one is utter sh*t, a sequel that does that would be worthwhile.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Here's a few more suggestions:
Blitzwing
Skywarp
Ravage
Hot Rod
Astrotrain
Constructicons
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Skidmark
Here's a few more suggestions:
Blitzwing
Skywarp
Ravage
Hot Rod
Astrotrain
Constructicons

What would they be doing? Seriously, how would people like these forty-odd characters that must be in the sequel to interact and behave? What would their roles be? Why would we want them in a film, if you like? [/walking up the down escalator]
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

What would they be doing? Seriously, how would people like these forty-odd characters that must be in the sequel to interact and behave? What would their roles be? Why would we want them in a film, if you like? [/walking up the down escalator]

Okay, maybe I went too far. But definitely blitzwing and the Constructicons.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

What would they be doing? Seriously, how would people like these seven characters that must be in the sequel to interact and behave? What would their roles be? Why would we want them in a film, if you like? [/walking up the down escalator]
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Megatron discovers the combiner technology and triple changer technology and uses them to will.

Just a sub-plot I thought of.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Well, Blitzwing could fly along, then land and transform into a tank at the same time, shoot a few things and then get shot to pieces by Optimus Prime, transforming into his robot mode and uttering something like "curse you optimus prime".

The constructicons could roll up, combine to form Devastator in an amazingly expensive and long winded process to show just how COOOOL they are, shoot/hit a few things and then get shot to pieces by Optimus Prime, separating again in an equally long winded fashion and uttering something like "curse you optimus prime".

Skywarp could teleport around a bit, shoot some things and then get shot to pieces by....:glance:

Ok, on a serious note I think a combination of Dalek and Brend's ideas would be about the limit of it.
To take the foundations of the first film and build on them to create... Lots and lots of... more complicated, interesting... explosions.
Yup, that'd about do it. Or something like X-Men 2 managed. Take mostly the same characters, explore them a little more, add a few new ones, by all means have cameos of some of them to placate those who want to see [insert favourite toy/character whose actual value has been clouded by nostalgia here], though it'd more than likely just upset them seeing as the character models will change. All in all, I'd like to see all the stuff that just won't happen in the average Michael Bay film. Except the explosions, he's bound to have a few of those...