So, MechTech Weapons...

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

So, MechTech Weapons...

Post by tahukanuva »

Is anyone else loving the poop outta these? I mean sure, they're not as accurate as they could be, but that's kinda hard to care about when VRROOOOM SPINNING BUZZSAW.

Seriously though, this is a much better gimmick than that "Mech-Alive" nonsense.

Except for Starscream's giant sword. It's kind of daft.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Some yes, some no. Barricade's is a piece of poop. Crankcase's is not too bad. I love the living hell out of Roadbuster/Thundercracker's chainsaw. Bumblebee's gun is so much nicer once I got it locked open, though, as a giant block with a little barrel is kind of daft. I'm indifferent about Skyhammer, Shockwave, Megatron, and Topspin's weapons.
Thrillseeker01

Post by Thrillseeker01 »

So far, I have three(unless you count Shockwave's arm blade as one) and my fav's is definitely Jolt's for now. I mean, the thing is awesome. It was hard for me to tell from looking at the box, but it actually gets longer and its just cool. Voyager Ironhide's seems really cool though. Btw, anyone know why Shockwave has the only weapon that has a peg to stay in its second mode? '(o)'Thrillseeker01
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Thrillseeker01 wrote:Btw, anyone know why Shockwave has the only weapon that has a peg to stay in its second mode? '(o)'Thrillseeker01
All the Voyager ones can lock in place. Skyhammer and Megatron's you lock into place by twisting it to one side. It should stay in place and the weapon locked open.
Thrillseeker01

Post by Thrillseeker01 »

Ok, I only have one Voyager so far so..
numbat

Post by numbat »

I personally don't care for the concept in general, but think it's great for kids - which, after all, are the target audience for these toys!

I like Shockwave's and Megatron's - they seem actually part of the design, rather than just a tacked on part (even of Megatron's cannon isn't in the film).

Bumblebee's is quite nice too, as it looks quite like the big gun that pops out the top of his car mode in the film, but I could take it or leave it.

The rest I have really don't do anything for me personally, but so long as the ports are well designed / hidden, I think Hasbro have done a great job pleasing collectors and kids. (Shame about Voyager Ironhide...)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.