Evolution or creation?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
RoboCop
Protoform

Evolution or creation?

Post by RoboCop »

I just thought I'd throw that out there. Do you believe we came from Adam and Eve,or do you believe we came from monkeys?
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

I think you know it´s being discussed in "Religions" thread, because you posted in the thread. No use for another thread IMO.
Stormbringer
Protoform

Post by Stormbringer »

I haven't looked at the religion thread, I know better than to discuss religion with these people :)

I am Pro-Creation btw, but don't get me started or we can be here for months, I know my facts :)
Stormbringer /storm.bring.ah/ v.n. 1. to stop a conversation 2. An individual who repeatedly is the source of halted conversations

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
LordSixshot
Protoform

Post by LordSixshot »

Originally posted by Osku
I think you know it´s being discussed in "Religions" thread, because you posted in the thread. No use for another thread IMO.
Yeah there is, there needs to be a topic for people like me who can't be bothered to read the 10,000 word essays that are in that thing. ;)
Originally posted by Stormbringer
I am Pro-Creation btw, but don't get me started or we can be here for months, I know my facts.
Sorry, I'm gonna have to get you started on this. What are these facts? The idea that we evolved from monkeys seems far more likely than thinking we were just put here. And if your argument is going to be "well, what did monkeys evolve from, and what did the things that monkeys evolved from evolve from?" etc., then don't bother. No one knows, and anyone that claims they know for a fact why we're here or how we got here is an arrogant fool. But I will say I prefer to believe the evolution theory because it seems the most logical to me. I'm a bit of a Shockwave.
They did play him. Not much happened.
Nightbeat
Protoform

Post by Nightbeat »

I'm a monkey man myself.
Strafe

Post by Strafe »

I think both fit together quite nicely IMO. To me there is no reason why God couldn't have used evolution. I guess it's a matter of literal interpretation of the bible or not.
Strafe. You're a dick. Ishin_ookami - Dec 1st 2003
Denyer

*Timothy nudged him*

Post by Denyer »

It was a big f#cking lizard, Thomas...
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Being religious, I believe in the Creation Theory, I try to attain a perspective of the Scholastics- Augustine, Aquinas, Erasmus.

Science and religion can be reconciled.
-------
Sig courtesy of the Sig Master, Skywarp!
-------
Former AWF Tag Team Champion
Co-Hardcore Champion (x 2)
Member of Pulp Faction!
-------
TF Archive RPG Co-Player of the Year
-------
S
Protoform

Post by S »

What ticks me off is the Young Earth creationists and their anti-science misinformation campaign...:rolleyes:
- S
~*ShadowDancer*~

Post by ~*ShadowDancer*~ »

Creation as in the Biblical creation? It's one of THE most questionable theories out there according to scientists, I'm a logical thinker. I'm with Darwin on this one I'm afraid. I don't believe that we just popped up because a 'supreme being' said "Make It So", things of that nature don't just happen over night (or 6 days if you're going to be pedantic on me)

It took millions of years for the original amoeba in the primordial ooze to evolve into a dinosaur didn't it? So there is no way we just 'arrived' one day as far as I'm concerned unfortunately.
~*SD*~
Proud Member of The Mini Owner's Club.

Links:

Shadow's Site - *Updated 22-03-04!*

Message board

Micro Mart Magazine
sprites touch
Protoform

Both theories can make sence

Post by sprites touch »

Everytime I ponder what came before the "Bigbang" Iam stumped, so trying to figure how humens came to existance is abit similer. Modern science can't explain everything, just because it didn't reach it'as limits yet, maybe one day it would seem perfectly logical to revive dust into a living being, but for now, science doesn't have that in it's vucabulary. On the otherhand evolution can be studied, and in some spieces of birds it happens seasonly, so we have avidance of it.
For all we know, humens on these planet are alien to it, and came from space, or put by aliens (think BW;-).
No one surly knows, and theorizing about it is sure fun or a headache, I'm sure the real answer will surprise many of us, when we'll finaly find it.
As for me, I'll take evolution until someone will show me the supreme being and it's wondrous ways :-)

Having a smart mouth gets me in a lot of stupid $#!t.
------------------------
Original artwork M.cavotta
LordSixshot
Protoform

Post by LordSixshot »

Oh my god! sprites touch is still alive!

Good to see you back. :)
They did play him. Not much happened.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Who knows maybe Adam and Eve were the first humans to evolve and the christian god (saying he is the person above) said Ooo neat lets see what we can do here and like submitted it to the 'greater being school for science' as a science project.
*Predaking*
Protoform

Post by *Predaking* »

I believe in Darwin and Evolution. Until you can study God and make very plausible theories regarding its existence I will simply choose not to believe that being in the sky. ;)
"I'm the best there is, the best there was and
the best there ever will be"
Bret “Hitman" Hart
sprites touch
Protoform

a science project, ahhy

Post by sprites touch »

I'd have to give god an "F" on that one, he got our limbs all wrong, and our efitiancy is very bad (we suposedly use only 10% of our brain at best).

Having a smart mouth gets me in a lot of stupid $#!t.
------------------------
Original artwork M.cavotta
Cyclone Prime
Protoform

Post by Cyclone Prime »

My answer is pretty simple:

I believe in the "C" option: I don't believe in creation, nor in evolution. I think one day we'll find a new theory that'll make sense.
"To lead the Autobots and the Decepticons together is my destiny!"
-Cyclone Prime
Shockwave
Protoform

Post by Shockwave »

I will have to go with we were created. It is only logical. Nothing appears by accident. In the book Perfect Planet a man who reminded me of Carl Sagan gave facts about the Earth. He was promoting his book a while back on 20/20 and for sure he was not a religious man. Yet at the end he said the world works to perfect to be an accident. For example if the Moon was moved out of orbit just a little or brought in close the Earth would cease to exist. Also the Universe is spreading outward if billions of years passed the moon would be a lot farther from the Earth.
GeneralObsidian
Protoform

Post by GeneralObsidian »

I'm not necessarily willing to go so far as to say that I believe we were once monkeys or apes, nor am I willing to say that the Earth is only a few thousand years old (as per the creation theory). Geologically speaking, the for facts to fit into place (too many to go into here), the Earth would have to be older than that. Much older. I'm more of a middle of the road kinda guy. ;)
Denyer

Think 'bout that...

Post by Denyer »

...if the moon destroyed the Earth, then nothing would be here to dispute. Frankly, it's amazing the human race is here, given that we're a little overdue the next extinction-causing meteorite.

There's that gravity stuff that locks the moon in orbit too. Even I remember that much...

Unless another planetary body (and its gravimetric field) collide with ours, everything stays stable in perpetual opposition.
Computron

Post by Computron »

not too mention we are overdue a Magnetic field shift :) :)

Just wait till the North pole becomes the souch pole and vice versa
I support a ban on powerposting