ALL Is Right With The World!!! [formerly 'Need advice now!']

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Shockwave 75
Protoform

Need Advice Now!! Attention Late Night Posters!!

Post by Shockwave 75 »

Quite some time ago I lent my copy of Transformers #5 (Shockwave cover) to a guy who runs a comic shop so that he could scan it and make posters out of it. They look really sweet, I have one. But I digress.

I went back down there one day and asked if he was finished with it, he said no, he hadn't even used it yet, he hadn't had time. So I left it with him again.

I have no reason not to trust him. I have known him for years, I have even worked there on and off when there was no one else to fill the shift.

So, I have tomorrow (technically today) off, so I decided that I would go down there to get it. But last night, I had this bad feeling: What if there was a mix up and it got sold by accident?
So I called him tonight to make sure it would be there.

(que menacing music)

He says, that it has been so long that he doesn't know what has happened to it. One of his employees recently cleaned behind the counter and it might have been sold, and to call tomorrow morning to remind him to ask the employee about it.

What should I do if has been sold? It is my favorite issue!!

He did say that if it has been sold he would pay me for it, but since it only lists at $8 in the price guides, he would give me $10.

What should I do?
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

take names and kick ass!

Seriously though the only thing you could do is demand that instead of the money that he accquires a new copy of #5 for ya, it's the least he could do if he has sold it "by accident"

See, this is why I stopped loaning people stuff :)

btw, before Denyer comes along could ye remove one of those pics from yer sig, tis just a tad large
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Sky's right, you should make him get you a new one, either that or make him reimburse you for the total cost of winning it off eBay, including shipping.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

If he's quoting price guides...do insist on a replacement. You were doing him a favour in the first place.

Your sig'd probably look smarter if you stuck with the personalised banner...incidentally, do I know you from other boards, BTW? Seems familiar... :)

But yeah, please read the regs on sigs and other stuff:
http://tfarchive.com/messageboard.shtml

edit: Besides, if he runs a comic shop, he should have no trouble tracking down a replacement.
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Originally posted by Stuart Denyer
incidentally, do I know you from other boards, BTW? Seems familiar... :)
AmericanDreamComics?

Anyway, I agree with the rest. He loaned it, he should give it back to you. If he can't, he should find a replacement.
"I dunno about you, but whenever I get confused I always mutilate the person next to me."
-Cliffjumper
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yup, a replacement, not the money. If I lent someone, say, my Smokescreen, and they broke it, I wouldn't be happy with £35 because it was a bargain... they'd have to get me a replacement. Comic Price Guides are a piece of **** anyway...
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Besides, if it is that cheap, he shouldn't have any problem finding you a new one... :D
Shockwave 75
Protoform

ALL Is Right With The World!!!

Post by Shockwave 75 »

Last night I made this post: NEED ADVICE NOW!!!!

And thank you all who posted, giving me your advice.

I called him this morning, and it is fine! His borther who owns another comic shop came into the store a while back and took it since the fact that it was mine was completly forgotten. So he spoke to his brother and he put it aside, and he will have it for me in about a week! He will call me when he has it.

I am so pleased, I may blow a gasket!!!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Cool beans! Someone merged the threads together for ya, BTW...tidier on the forum. :)

Dreamwave, isn't it?
Shockwave 75
Protoform

Post by Shockwave 75 »

Actually, I post on both of those boards.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

*raises hand*

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Originally posted by Stuart Denyer
Cool beans! Someone merged the threads together for ya, BTW...tidier on the forum. :)
that was me....

I'm working covert lately ;)