"Letting it go and moving on"

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
neoprimestar
Protoform

"Letting it go and moving on"

Post by neoprimestar »

Have you ever heard of,"Letting it go and move on" ? I have and at times I do admit it's hard but it's actually better for you. I for one know it's hard letting go of my EX bf who dumped me cause he cheated on me after 9-11 but I need to think God has a plan for a better guy for me........Do parents let go easy? Nope. Do stupid transfans let go of it easily? Nope :D....So I wonder if it's easy to let go when it's something you really love, are upset you get blamed for and they person who DID do it acts all innocient & says "Let it go,move on"

I just wonder if it's really as easy as it says...seems hard at times
"Be happy! Smile!Share a smile!"
Which Final Fantasy Girl are you? take the test @ http://ffgirl.deep-ice.com
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Well, I look at it as being approachable from three ways. I could:

a) Fight hard to get back into something I'm uncertain about, and probably fail because the parties concerned have moved on.

b) Shun the human race forevermore.

c) Accept it, get out there and meet lots of crazy new people! Remembering, of course, that I'm ruling nothing out by doing do.

I chose C. Whilst not 100% fun, it's sometimes the only option. :)
neoprimestar
Protoform

Post by neoprimestar »

Originally posted by Stuart Denyer
Well, I look at it as being approachable from three ways. I could:

a) Fight hard to get back into something I'm uncertain about, and probably fail because the parties concerned have moved on.

b) Shun the human race forevermore.

c) Accept it, get out there and meet lots of crazy new people! Remembering, of course, that I'm ruling nothing out by doing do.

I chose C. Whilst not 100% fun, it's sometimes the only option. :)
well your thought is dumb:p j/k
"Be happy! Smile!Share a smile!"
Which Final Fantasy Girl are you? take the test @ http://ffgirl.deep-ice.com
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Well, it's difficult to hate people if you can understand them...:)

I was just talking about me, anyway...can't say it's everyone's solution.
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

anger, hate, or sadness are not really controlled by yourself, so letting go is mostly not possible right after seperation for the one being hurt.

Anger helps you get over it, but when it dies down, the emptyness and sadness remains....

So, letting go is of course the best thing, because you're not really free in your heart for someone new if still pained by the thought of him/her... but it just isn't that easy to do.

Takes time to heal and afterwards it comes by itself. That is just the way humans are and noone can tell me they can control their emotions and "get over" anything, no matter on which side. If so, then it wasn't love, period.
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

let it go...

yeah right...

i hear that everyday...everyday for the past ten months. no matter what i do it doesn't seem to be enough. my friends think i should just delete my feelings and memories like some sort of computer program.

move on, but no matter what anyone tells you never forget the good parts, they are your memories...cherish them forever. keep your heart and eyes open though...who knows who or what is out there waiting for you...
degenXerate
Protoform

asdf

Post by degenXerate »

was it really nessisary to say something about 9-11 in that whozamawhatzit.
The Plant
Protoform

Post by The Plant »

Originally posted by Galvatron91
move on, but no matter what anyone tells you never forget the good parts, they are your memories...cherish them forever. keep your heart and eyes open though...who knows who or what is out there waiting for you...
Sage advice from the couch burning sith lord. If you love something enough, you must be able to set it free. Do you think that kid in Free Willy like "letting go" of his swimming mammal companion? It is not easy, I'm not going to lie, but it is the ultimately best solution. You must move on, even if you don't the world around you will and you'll be stuck right where you were when this whole fiasco started. Change is the only constant of life. Accept your losses and move on. And good luck! :)

Have a nice day

¡La genta, recordar las bagambas picante!
(do you know what this means? I know, I'm not good at foreign grammer.)
Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good...and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Dust yourself off and try again. Thats what the song says and thats what ya gotta do.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by The Plant
If you love something enough, you must be able to set it free.
Yup. Acceptance is far better than forgetting or burying. :)
Originally posted by degenXerate
was it really nessisary to say something about 9-11 in that whozamawhatzit.
Wha? Do we remove all references to those numbers or those circumstances as a convention now or something? :confused:
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

Wha? Do we remove all references to those numbers or those circumstances as a convention now or something? :confused:
exactly my thoughts...

We already had a discussion on that why it is unique and bad, but not special compared to other major tragedys...

Why remove the reminders and avoid it? Cannot help the healing process.

Think Porsche would re-name their most famous product, the Porsche 911?
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

I tell ya what, if we ever do, it won't be me who does it...I remember it clear as if it were yesterday even now. I want to remember, and I won't forget or stop referencing it when applicable, because to me, 9/10 will never be again. I know how much some people want it to be, but it just won't happen, DX.

Jack Buck, the legendary broadcaster for the St. Louis Cardinals baseball team passed away yesterday, and he was one of two men in the first week after it happened who said something that moved me, and his words on 9/17 at the first Cardinals game after the attacks will echo in my mind even if I forsake baseball again: "I don't know about you, but to me, the question has already been answered. Should we be here today? Yes."

You don't like 9/11 being referenced, DX? Dunno what to tell ya, but you and the rest of us have to live with the references and the memories of that day for the rest of our lives. Don't ignore it, embrace it.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

There's also the little fact that 911 is the standard US emergency code...

But yes, anyway...I don't see how it's unusual for anyone to reference by such an event, since it undoubtedly changed many, many people's lives.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It was probably actually the first news event in my lifetime to actually emotionally affect me without a direct familiarity to those involved...