StarscreamX
Protoform

Transformers #28 Preview

Post by StarscreamX »

Link below!

edit: Preview @ Comics Continuum. - ziggy

Soooooo...
SPOILER! (select to read)
It looks like more survived the Kimia assault which is FANTASTIC news, as it's annoying when the more obscure characters get used as "red shirts" to be killed off to show how "bad ass" the villain is. I'm not entirely sure exactly WHO survived though...Chromedome and Swerve are there and I THINK one of them is Mainframe, the Action Master...if anyone can name the others that would be great, ta

And Arcee is back! :wtf:

It seems that Megatron has brought the entire Decepticon army with him to Cybertron too, minus one or two who are still on Earth like Brawl. Awesome stuff although once again I'm worried this plot is going to get too cluttered. We already had Galvatron, Megatron and the Deceptigod, now we've got the survivors of the Kimia massacre, Arcee, the Decepticon army...I'm worried this is going to end in a Revelations style rushed conclusion

Though I suppose some of these plot threads might be just set up for the new ongoings. The Kimia survivors are almost certainly going to show up in Roberts and Roche's ongoing as they are the ones who came up with the idea of Kimia
Decepticons forever!

Across the universe...the dead will rise :devil:

The secrets of the Universe reveal themselves to those who listen

Nobody likes you when you're dead
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

StarscreamX wrote:
SPOILER! (select to read)
And Arcee is back! :wtf:
This is predicable, if you've read the bloody Heart of Darkness.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I'd kill to have an arc, just once, feature just Optimus, Megatron and Galvatron and their armies on a plot similar to this../ but without the Dead Universe or Spike Witwicky or nuclear bombs or the god damned Devoidceptigod. Just one arc, please? Then we can get back to random vague Spike Witwicky shit.

The guys from Kimia: In the back, we have Swerve, Rewind, Rad, Mainframe and Crosshairs as the ones I immediately recognize. Beside Swerve the two guys are obscured by lighting but I think one of them is Grapple. No idea the Xaaronesque guy on the left or the guy with Beachcomberish eyes, have to check.

That panel where the Sweeps are blown up is gorgeous.

No idea who the jet beside Misfire (?) is, but that is one kickass alternate mode.
StarscreamX
Protoform

Post by StarscreamX »

Blackjack wrote:I'd kill to have an arc, just once, feature just Optimus, Megatron and Galvatron and their armies on a plot similar to this../ but without the Dead Universe or Spike Witwicky or nuclear bombs or the god damned Devoidceptigod. Just one arc, please? Then we can get back to random vague Spike Witwicky shit.
I'm still hoping Spike Witwicky gets stepped on. Or eaten by the Monsterbots!:swirly:

At least we're getting some good old fashioned Autobots vs Decepticons fun in this issue, with none of that toss about Decepticons working for humans or humans being able to kill Cybertronians
The guys from Kimia: In the back, we have Swerve, Rewind, Rad, Mainframe and Crosshairs as the ones I immediately recognize. Beside Swerve the two guys are obscured by lighting but I think one of them is Grapple. No idea the Xaaronesque guy on the left or the guy with Beachcomberish eyes, have to check.
Eternally grateful, thanks! Surprised to see Rewind among the Kimia crowd but it's a nice surprise. Reminds me of the Furman stuff where characters who weren't normally together would show up as part of a team, like Thrust, Skullcruncher, Dreadwind, Darkwing, Crankcase, Ruckus and Roadgrabber working together on Nebulous. Or Swindle being a criminal on the run from the Decepticons instead of a Combaticon

I wonder if this means that Rewind isn't a cassette in IDW continuity? I could be wrong but I don't think we've ever seen Blaster use his cassettes or even work with them in the IDW comics, so maybe it's only Soundwave who has cassette robots inside him?
That panel where the Sweeps are blown up is gorgeous.

No idea who the jet beside Misfire (?) is, but that is one kickass alternate mode.
They're all looking pretty damn badass in this preview, love the panel of Shockwave, Starscream and Soundwave battling the Sweeps together. I think that's Triggerhappy next to Misfire though I could be wrong.

Oh and looking at the recap page, it seems that armour Megatron has is some kind of third mode he has, and that's how he bust loose of Omega's restraints. Figured as much but it's nice to have that confirmed as the scene itself wasn't all that clear
Paul053 wrote:This is predicable, if you've read the bloody Heart of Darkness.
I honestly thought that whole plot thread had been forgotten, what with Hardhead not being among Galvatron's troops and this story being blissfully D-Void-free so far.

Sadly it looks like that Heart of Darkness bollocks is going to be part of this story. Still Arcee isn't the worst character to bring back I suppose
Decepticons forever!

Across the universe...the dead will rise :devil:

The secrets of the Universe reveal themselves to those who listen

Nobody likes you when you're dead