Dark of the Moon DVD/Bluray released

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Clay

Dark of the Moon DVD/Bluray released

Post by Clay »

DVD is out, y'all.

It even comes with a $5 coupon for Transformers toys, which in no way discredits it as legitimate cinema, lol.

Giant worm smashy-smashy time!
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

If I got my facts right, its ages away from a UK release though, right? Which is totally fair. . .
I like bears.
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Uk release is 28th November along with the 3 movie blue ray box set at £29.99 and the dvd set at £25.99
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

You'd think somebody would have advertized it..... Wal-Mart usually has ads all over the place.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Giant worm smashy smashy time indeed!
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Heinrad wrote:You'd think somebody would have advertized it..... Wal-Mart usually has ads all over the place.
They started sticking them on the theft detectors by the doors about a month ago. ;)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Boo, the local DVD store isn't picking up Dark of the Moon until the two/three-disc special editions. I'll need to wait for November.

Because they're more expensive.

Troll shops, damn you.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

3 months from cinema to DVD release is rapid. The time between gets shorter and shorter.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

All that's being advertized on the theft detectors at the local Wal-Mart is video games.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Your Walmart must be run by a bunch of robophobes. You should protest.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Blackjack wrote:Giant worm smashy smashy time indeed!
Sadly not in Scotland yet...

I wish it were, but guess it'll wait until the end of November. I'm looking forward to picking up the 3 film Bluray set and watching the lot in glorious HD for the first time too!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Woo!

Got Transformers: Dark of the Moon delivered on Bluray today (I think official release date is this Monday 28th November over here).

Watched it earlier, and it looks great and is a good fun film. I don't get why Empire rated it so poorly lately (two stars!) - it's actually a very good blockbuster. It was also my first Transformers experience in HD, and was awesome!

I got the boxset to upgrade the others from DVD to Bluray, and I must say, while I'm excited about watching them all in HD, saying the set is lackluster is an understatement. As I'm sure we all know, there are no extras at all and the Blurays are just provided in their individual release cases all within a dull and tacky cardboard slipcase. Very poor show - I would have preferred at least consistent box-art (the three are quite different), although a space-saving box containing all three discs would have been even better.

It's as if they aren't expecting to get much interest in the film. Was it really so unsuccessful? I would have thought the boxset would have mileage on the basis of the first film at least, and especially with Christmas round the corner. Really don't get it - DOTM is such an improvement on ROTF, and compares well as a sequel to the first. It's a shame the world seems to have decided to hate it offhand.

Ach well - highway chase, giant smashy-smashy worm and fall of Chicago are all highlights, and Sentinel Prime is just such a great character!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I haven't been paying too much attention, but is there any word as to when the "full" DOTM release is happening? I was assuming it would be out before Christmas and was thinking I had heard a late November date a while back, but maybe I just made that all up.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Notabot wrote:I haven't been paying too much attention, but is there any word as to when the "full" DOTM release is happening? I was assuming it would be out before Christmas and was thinking I had heard a late November date a while back, but maybe I just made that all up.
full? please explain

we only just got the dvd . . .
I like bears.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I think he means the two-disc ones with bonus features.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

oh, have they not been released? I just assumed every shop near me was crap.
I like bears.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

According to Christ McFeely on Twitter the Blu Ray is missing some dialogue, most noticeably the "Is your daddy home?" bit from Laserbeak, though oddly this is on the DVD included in the same triple play box. Can anyone confirm this?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

I don't know about outside the US, but here, the full Blu-ray special editions (with 3D Blu-ray and all the special features) is coming out on December 6th. At least according to this website:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Transform ... ray/26038/
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
numbat

Post by numbat »

inflatable dalek wrote:According to Christ McFeely on Twitter the Blu Ray is missing some dialogue, most noticeably the "Is your daddy home?" bit from Laserbeak, though oddly this is on the DVD included in the same triple play box. Can anyone confirm this?
Excellent! An excuse to watch it again! (Not that I need one...)

I'll check the Bluray when I get back from Arran tomorrow.

I have watched DOTM and ROTF on Bluray now, and both look amazing in HD. However, ROTF is so much poorer than DOTM it has become painful... The difference in story quality is stunning - but nothing takes away from the absolutely breathtaking transformation of Devastator!

Need to watch TFTM on Bluray still - can't wait for Blackout's arrival in HD!

I think if DOTM had been the direct sequel to TFTM it would have received less panning. ROTF was shoddily scripted and runs like a G1 cartoon - which is fine for me, and the action scenes are brill, but it must have turned lots of the public and critics off from Transformers and tainted their view of DOTM which is a far superior blockbuster.

Also items on eBay.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

inflatable dalek wrote: Christ McFeely
That's a heck of a promotion you gave him! ;)

But, yes, full version meaning that the "quick to video" version came without any special features and Bay promised a mind-blowing follow-up disc experience that was going to take some time to get together. I hadn't heard the Dec. 6 date, but that makes perfect sense and makes me happy. I just got a PS3, so I might get to experience the Hi Def difference now too!