Transformers #5 Preview

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
zigzagger

Transformers #5 Preview

Post by zigzagger »

Transformers #5 four-page preview has been posted @ BZZURKK.

Issue is out March 31st.

ImageImageImageImage
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Why did Optimus Prime steal all of Gundam ZZ's parts? (The arms and shoulders.. geeze) I wish IDW would pick a model for each Transformer and stick to it.
Grayfox
Protoform

Post by Grayfox »

It sure is great to have one page of nothing at the beginning...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

So is it really the case than five issues in Prime is still in the same place he was at the end of issue 1 with no plot development or is this some sort of flashback?

As to what reason the humans could have for trusting the Autobots... well I don't know but saving New York from a nuclear mother****ing bomb has to be fairly high up on the list of nice things they've done?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Well, Don's getting better at drawing humans. Prime's speech, though..... reading it, all I could think of was Ollie North testifying at the Iran-Contra hearings.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

It also points out what I really hate about the story and pacing of 'modern' comics. There is no action in these panels, and not a whole lot of dialog, yet a small conversation is stretched out to three pages so we can have 'wide shots of moody moodiness'.

I just got the Indiana Jones Omnibus #3 and it's really amazing how Marvel did so much better in much less page count. Five issues in, and we don't have much of a story for Transformers yet. Meanwhile, the entirety of Last Crusade was told in just three issues...
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

It sure is great to have one page of nothing at the beginning...
It also points out what I really hate about the story and pacing of 'modern' comics. There is no action in these panels, and not a whole lot of dialog, yet a small conversation is stretched out to three pages so we can have 'wide shots of moody moodiness'.

I just got the Indiana Jones Omnibus #3 and it's really amazing how Marvel did so much better in much less page count. Five issues in, and we don't have much of a story for Transformers yet. Meanwhile, the entirety of Last Crusade was told in just three issues...
Yes, Yes and Yes again! Definitely the biggest problem with IDW is the lack of sense of space.I think its why LSOTW works better - it crams a lot more in per page if not plot. That first page is just stupid - is not even pretty!

This issue may undo the good work done in issue 4...
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Read the issue..... Poor Jazz, not doing anything and not even saying anything.