Original air-dates of G1; air-dates of repeats; Length of Seasons

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Zackmak
Protoform

Original air-dates of G1; air-dates of repeats; Length of Seasons

Post by Zackmak »

I know the original air-dates of the G1 episodes...but:

1. How long did each VIEWING season last (i.e. Sept to June? Sept to the following Sept, when the next Season would start?)

For example, Season 1 episode one aired Sept. 17, 1984. The sixteenth and last new episode of Season 1 aired Dec. 29, 1984. Did the channel that was broadcasting it on stop showing Transformers after Dec. 29, 1984 (therefore putting another show on instead) and waited until Season 2 to start with it's first episode Sept. 23, 1985? OR did it just play repeats after Dec. 29, right up until Season 2 started?

I'm from Ontario, Canada, and it played on Channel 29 Buffalo WUTV once a week, or every weekday after school (depending what Season it was).

2. Season 4 first aired in November, 1987. Did they just continue repeating Season 3 episodes right up until then?

3. Since Season 4 ended after only 3 episodes, what 'Season' episodes played after that, and for how long?

4. How long was the break between showing the last of the G1 seasons, to the first of the G2 season in 1993?

Thanks!!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

It's old and probably contains inaccuracies, but contains a bit of info about Season 5, which most people probably don't know existed (it was repeats remanufactured, like the G2 series)...

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Comet/5606/tfepgd.html

You might find some relevant tidbits by trawling alt.toys.transformers archives through Google Groups.