Josh Blaylock interview

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Commander Shockwav
Protoform

Josh Blaylock interview regarding the TF Comic

Post by Commander Shockwav »

http://yojoe.com/faq/blaylockinterview/ ... ing4.shtml

Now, the way for me is clear.

Devil's Due must get the Transformers license!

The guy practically echoed all my sentiments regarding the handling of the Transformers.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

"First off, there were WAY too many products coming out every month demanding cash"

He's nailed it.

The rest all sounds very reasonable as well.
Commander Shockwav
Protoform

He nailed everything, I agree. Especially the whole idea of separating the continuities of TF and GiJoe.

And the fact that he wants to wrap up the DW story arcs of the ongoing and War Within is key. :)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

If they're going to do the ongoing they'll have the issue of keeping trade paperbacks in print. It's already hard to sell TWW as a series to people because they can't read the start of the story.

It doesn't help that the ongoing is founded on one mini-series that's dire and a second that's a plotting mess. Still, maybe they can do something with it, although I'd be surprised if the long Unicron arc is ever resolved.
Commander Shockwav
Protoform

[i although I'd be surprised if the long Unicron arc is ever resolved. [/B]

I always felt that Unicron was more of a minor plot element in the story. I don't think things were headed just to Unicron, as many presumed. I think the most important plot element was whatever the hell was on Earth and the ultimate origin of the Transformers.

I hope we do actually find out some day.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Commander Shockwav
the ultimate origin of the Transformers.
Ooo, yay, another one...

I'm sticking with the one James Roberts made up, meshing the old cartoon and comics ones. On the whole, I'd rather stories focused on the character work these days; Unicron/Primus/ancientgoodandeviloriginstuff in all its many forms has been beaten to death.
Prime Maximus
Protoform

Post by Prime Maximus »

(Q: Are there any plans to incorporate the recent Transformers Binaltech (the Japanese equivalent of Alternators) story which includes characters from both G.I.Joe Extreme and Sgt. Savage?

Those are some SWEET toys, but that is one of the worst ideas for what to do with the comic series that I've heard. I can't believe that rumor got past one message board. I don't have any plans to use G.I.Joe Extreme or Sgt. Savage in any comics. They might be fun, but we'd sell about 1,000 copies)

Thank god!

I for one would love to see them get the same people working on the ongoing and let them keep going with Devil's Due.
Commander Shockwav
Protoform

Originally posted by Denyer
Ooo, yay, another one...

I'm sticking with the one James Roberts made up, meshing the old cartoon and comics ones. On the whole, I'd rather stories focused on the character work these days; Unicron/Primus/ancientgoodandeviloriginstuff in all its many forms has been beaten to death.

The only reason I'm intrigued with yet another 'origin' theme is because I'm hoping it will be different from the whole Unicron/Primus theme, which I have always disliked. I can understand the whole origin thing has been done to death, but for some reason, this particular story has piqued my curiosity (i.e., the whole thing with that well on Earth, Sunstorm, etc).

But like I said, I can understand why you would be saying "Come on, let's move on to something new and fresh, with focus on characters and not vastly epic plotlines."
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Sounds good to me. Also, the fact that he has put that much thought into it, means that Devil's Due is probably very close to closing the deal on obteining the licence.

Some other good news: Pat Lee was not mentioned once!
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

Like what he's saying and thank god that g.i. joe extreme rumor isn't true.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Well, he talks the talk but I'm still not convinced he can walk the walk...

It's all very well to say he doesn't belive in releasing to many comics at once, but this is the guy who agreed to having two GI Joe crossovers (with multiple covers) runing at the same time.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
this is the guy who agreed to having two GI Joe crossovers (with multiple covers) runing at the same time.
I'm guessing DD got theirs in production before DW decided to get in on the action with yet another side-line product from their own publishing stable.