Transformers Animated: Arrival #1-5/TPB

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Blitzwing

Transformers Animated: Arrival #1-5/TPB

Post by Blitzwing »

So has anyone else picked up Animated Arrival?

I did and I'm pretty impressed by it. Rather than just retelling the beginning of the pilot it actually expands upon it.

I liked the parts with Blitzwing and Lugnut. Also liked Sentinal trying to come up with nice things to say about the missing Autobot crew even though he doesn't like them.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of the stories that are set apart from any of the episodes we've seen. Also looking forward to see what they do with Oil Slick.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Just got round to reading this, and it is rather good fun. I'm not sure how well it'll work if you haven't seen the opening shows (though that won't be a problem from next issue) as the plot stops and starts all over the place, but as a recap before launching into the new stuff it completely pisses on Reign of Starscream issue 1. Anyone with younger relatives who wants to get them into comics this would a good starting point.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Well, Simon wrote it, and he's had enough experience with doing this kind of thing.

Hope they introduce Oil Slick.

No freaky human villains! (other than, say, Rhapsody or Circuit Breaker) I can see Furman using Blackrock industries as a rival for the Sumdac companies...
inflatable dalek

Furman didn't write it, twas the script editor from the TV show IIRC.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Oil Slick will be in it, I think it's issue 3 or 4 that he's introduced.

As for human villains, I know that Porter C. Powell will be doing something in one of the later issues because he's mentioned in the preview. I'm hoping Angry Archer shows up at some point, he's the best human villain in Animated.
zigzagger

Transformers Animated: Arrival #2

Post by zigzagger »

A couple of new short stories coming at you for those of you who are reading. This is you all purpose Transformers Animated: Arrival #2 reaction and discussion thread. Play nice, but not too nice. Have to keep things interesting after all.

Due to arrive September 10th according to grahamcrackers.com release schedule
http://www.grahamcrackers.com/newcomics.htm
inflatable dalek

Me liked again, light and frothy fun with the best Starscream centric story ever, thrashes the Movie sequel hands down.
zigzagger

Transformers Animated: Arrival #3

Post by zigzagger »

The 3rd issue of Arrival, umm, arrives with a couple more stories to tell. This is your all purpose Transformers Animated: Arrival #3 reaction and discussion thread.

Due to arrive along side Spotlight: Sideswipe October 8 according to grahamcrackers.com release schedule.
http://www.grahamcrackers.com/newcomics.htm
Vida
Protoform

Post by Vida »

I wasnt so keen on the first story (human villains FTL IMO), but I really liked the second one. I hope they show more insight into the 'Great War'.

-Tony Vida; TK 3204; Austin, Tx
inflatable dalek

Great second story, for something aimed at the younger end of the market it didn't go for the pat resolution and showed Animated can do serious and thoughtful without it breaking the format.
zigzagger

Transformers Animated: Arrival #4

Post by zigzagger »

Your all purpose Transformers Animated: Arrival #4 reaction and discussion thread.

Go. Talk.

Due to ship November 12th.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Wow. Loads of takers! Anyway, I enjoyed this as I have done the run but I'm looking forward to a longer story than half an issue. Anyone know if IDW will start doing longer stories. A four issue mini would be great.
zigzagger

Transformers Animated: Arrival #5

Post by zigzagger »

This is your all purpose Transformers Animated: Arrival #5 reaction and discussion thread.

Now go off and play.

Due to arrive December 4th.
snavej

Post by snavej »

Just got this on Dec. 3rd! 2 parts to it:

1st part might be shocking until you realise it's virtual reality.

2nd part is a bit like Bugs Bunny (cartoony arms race between 2 Decepticons).
Chris McFeely
Protoform

Post by Chris McFeely »

My brain is having trouble processing just how fantastically obscure the planets Swindle name-drops in this issue are. Marty Isenberg has been reading the TF Wiki, no question.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I just got all 5 of these and read them last night. I'm not one to usually read comics since I was a teenager really, and I gave the most recent TF Movie comics a read and hated them, but these are totally brilliant!

I was figuring these Animated comics to be rehashes of the episodes, but these comics are wonderful additions to the show. I love how they fill in lots of gaps where I myself was often wondering what led up to certain events on the show.

The character of Oilslick and the way he is portrayed, gives me much love for one of my already favorite toys from TFA line. Very cool indeed seeing action back on Cybertron before they came to Earth

Like McFeely says, these guys have been doing their homework. There are a number of obscure references throughout these comics, but Swindle does take the cake for sure.

Oh and one of my favorite bits is the bit where Starscream gets his makeover :lol::lol:
inflatable dalek

So is the cancelled sixth issue definately going to be in the trade?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

AFAIK.