Who do you want to see in a Spotlight?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
optimusskids
Protoform

Who do you want to see in a Spotlight?

Post by optimusskids »

So who would you like to see in the limelight

I'd quite like to see more of Mirage and a more in depth at his aristocratic background hinted at in his profile . We've never really looked at Cybertron at peace who owns the land , the factories the shops.
Some conflict with someone I see as blue collar like Gears might be good and a look at his doubts about the war

Tracks would be another good candidate he never got much exposure in the comics all i remember is that one where Grimlock is out to get him.

With a supporting cast of Omnibots mainly because of the third mode thing they all have going on and because they deserve some dvelopment. Maybe have Tracks an omnibot that got chucked out of the unit because he let them down in some way connected to his vanity and got somebody killed (opportunity for hi then die omnibots.) Making the others the survivors.

Would also like to see the Monsterbots make an appearance

Repugnus showing the grimy underside of war the pragmatic steps needed to be taken despite the Autobots code of honour.

Doublecross would be another good character to develop with his multiple personalties i always saw him as a cross between Sergeant Bilko and Face from the A team in his role as supply proccurer. I doubt he'd get his own oneshot but as part of a Swindle Oneshot looking at the logistics side of things featuring some characters like Long Haul and Landfill showing that the fight isn;t all about death and glory you need a supply chain too

Sky Lynx would be another good one

Dead End would be interesting . As the Gestalt teams currently seem to be just units rather than combiners maybe having to pass some kind of initiation test to get into the Stunticons.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

If Simon Furman is writing these, we can be certain that my choices of Galvatron and Thunderwing will be featured regardless. :p
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

A Kup one has more-or-less been confirmed (possibly April):
http://forums.idwpublishing.com/cgi-bin ... 2377;st=80

Have a read in there and you'll see some cover art by Alex Milne.

I'd be keen to see Repugnus one...
http://forums.idwpublishing.com/cgi-bin ... =21;t=2374

Another fairly common suggestion is Punch/Counterpunch:
http://forums.idwpublishing.com/cgi-bin ... =21;t=2379

Some general requests (including citybots):
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=115537
http://forums.idwpublishing.com/cgi-bin ... 2312;st=40
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Ah I see the Zombies are back

Flame Rest in Pieces Gone but not forgotten.

Good to see Squawkbox is gonna be in the Sixshot issue thats a second appearance some one likes him over there or else he's one of the few Con com's mechs with hands who's not a destructive punk.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

I'm hoping for a Punch/Counterpunch one, used correctly he would have the potential to be the most interesting character.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Citybots? Now that is an interesting idea - what is it like to be a bot so frikkin' huge you spend most of the time in your base mode? And it's really difficult to socialize with bots who are sitting inside your head...

Take Metroplex for example, the only moment he ever got any characterization was in Headmasters when Mr. I Can't Deal With That Now finally HAD to deal with it.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

To be honest, I always thought (appropos of largely sod-all, I'll admit) that the city bots (who in my mind are Metro and Tryptie, and maybe Omega) have very limited personality levels, largely for those reasons. I mean, taking the comics as gospel, there's nothing really to suggest either Metroplex or Trypticon are sentient. I'd expect them to be like that simple because, as you say, life would really, really ****ing suck to have their job.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Originally posted by Denyer
A Kup one has more-or-less been confirmed (possibly April):
http://forums.idwpublishing.com/cgi-bin ... 2377;st=80
Really? That just might be a good read. I'm all for the lesser known characters (in contrast to Prime and co. that is) receiving special attention.

To contradict my earlier statement, and yes I am aware that he has recently received attention in Infiltration, I would love to see Ratchet in Spotlight. I guess it’s more out of personal preference, I have enjoyed the Marvel and IDW stories that involve him….and I want more! Ratchet has a surprising amount of depth, a lot more could be written about him without exhausting his appeal. The inner-conflict of a medic tossed in the middle of a war has always been a fascinating angle to me. I think Ratchet is a great character who is Spotlight worthy.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
I mean, taking the comics as gospel, there's nothing really to suggest either Metroplex or Trypticon are sentient.
I dunno...Trypticon seemed pretty witty for a nonsentient construct in King of the Hill. And I certainly don't think that Wipe-Out would've spent so much time sucking up to him if he was just a mindless drone, either. ;)

Of course, it bears mentioning that the Trypticon we saw in that comic wasn't much more than twice as tall as Grimlock in their T-Rex modes, so he wouldn't face the same problems as a massive citybot.

Er...and on-topic, I'd like to see Spotlights on characters that we don't already know. There's already dozens of comics and cartoon episodes staring the likes of Shockwave, Nightbeat, Hot Rod and Soundwave, after all, so we really don't need character pieces about them.

I'd like to see stories focussed on TFs who've never been given the chance to carry a storyline before. That doesn't necessarily mean faceless nobodies, either...after all, Sixshot never got any character development outside of Japan, and he's got a lot of name recognition.

With that in mind, I would absolutely love to see Spotlight stories about guys like Skydive, First Aid, Ramjet or Motormaster...guys who were always around in the background of the old comics and cartoon, but never actually got any special attention.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

I agree what you said about Trypticon. And I don't even remember SEEING Metroplex in the comics.
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Originally posted by Warcry
I dunno...Trypticon seemed pretty witty for a nonsentient construct in King of the Hill. And I certainly don't think that Wipe-Out would've spent so much time sucking up to him if he was just a mindless drone, either. ;)

Of course, it bears mentioning that the Trypticon we saw in that comic wasn't much more than twice as tall as Grimlock in their T-Rex modes, so he wouldn't face the same problems as a massive citybot.
Trypticon also appeared in "City of Fear" story arc (Marvel UK).
http://tfarchive.com/comics/marvel/?s=uk_161_170

IIRC appeared to be sentient robot. Like Warcry, I have no problem with Trypticon like large battlebase bots, but I wouldn't want to see citybots.

Metroplex appeared in in "Space Pirates" (again Marvel UK). Sentient or not, hard to judge.
http://tfarchive.com/comics/marvel/?s=uk_181_190
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by CounterPunch
I'm hoping for a Punch/Counterpunch one, used correctly he would have the potential to be the most interesting character.

The way I've always imagined as the best way to handle the character has already been palmed off to DoubleDealer... even taking Punch at the basic level, it's perhaps a bit similar to the ground covered already.

Personally, I think Flywheels deserves his own ongoing. But that's just me.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

It would be kind of fun if we got a Spotlight for some obscure Japanese TF character...

I can already see it now...

SPOTLIGHT: PEPSI CONVOY :D

Or Big Bang. "Y'know...I was supposed to be the new autobot leader...then those bastards went and brought back Optimus Prime! Do you have any idea what it feels like? I mean, one day you're gonna look into the future, and for once it looks bright to you...and BANG, they bring aboard someone to replace you who's so f***ing iconic there's no way you can really question it." :D
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Post by the_escaflowne_2k »

I'd quite like to see an Octane one, having not read most marvel stuff im not sure if he's been covered much before so it'd be new for me.
"all i can say is that my life is pretty plain, you don't like my point of view you think that i'm insane"
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Originally posted by Tetsuro
I agree what you said about Trypticon. And I don't even remember SEEING Metroplex in the comics.

The Quintessons pissed him off by hanging a load of knackered Autobots off his surrounding walls (anyone wanna help with issue #s?)
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

UK #186

thanks osku.

edit : Trypticons' first appearance was pretty much a spotlight in itself. the dinobots only "beat" him because he got bored and wandered off... uh, i'm repeating what's already been said aren't I ?

I hope they don't do perceptor, I wanted to do that one :)
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

I would pay good money for a motormaster appreance. Double if he is playing chicken with someone.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Brendocon
The way I've always imagined as the best way to handle the character has already been palmed off to DoubleDealer... even taking Punch at the basic level, it's perhaps a bit similar to the ground covered already.

You've just spoiled the amazing and unguessable twist to Hot Rod for those who haven't read it yet. :(

But more seriously, I do think they won't do Punch whilst they've got a double agent sub plot allready on the go.

I'd still say Wheeljack for a spotlight.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Originally posted by slartibartfast
Trypticons' first appearance was pretty much a spotlight in itself. the dinobots only "beat" him because he got bored and wandered off... uh, i'm repeating what's already been said aren't I ?

He wandered off because Ratbat called him off. :)
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

A Ratbat spolight! That's what we really need.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!