takara reissue differences?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
ssjautobot
Protoform

takara reissue differences?

Post by ssjautobot »

hello. ive recently gotten back into the generation one reissues. and ive just bought the god ginrai reissue, which im super excited about. and i will be getting the star convoy and galvatron anime reissues.

one thing im confused about with the takara reissues are the different packages. could someone explain why some of (ex: convoy and megatron) are in a more orignal generation one packaging, while they are also packaged in a box with a cartoon version of the character on the cover? and which one is better?
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Originally posted by ssjautobot
one thing im confused about with the takara reissues are the different packages. could someone explain why some of (ex: convoy and megatron) are in a more orignal generation one packaging, while they are also packaged in a box with a cartoon version of the character on the cover? and which one is better?

Some were released before Takara found out there was a market
for the reissues. The reason why God Ginari, Sixshot, Predaking, Galvatron, and Star Convoy getting reissued in the classic G1 packaging is because of their size while others like Soundblaster,
Hound, Kup and Wheelie, and the others are released in a "book"
style packagaes is size and price.

Megatron and Convoy also have a ton promotional (aka special editions) repaints that are produced in a limited edition.

From what I heard Black Megatron is just the same toy painted pure black.

Some like New Year's Special Edition Convoy I would say it has a lot better it has a toy Autobot Matrix toy that fits in the Convoy's chest, a chain that connects to matrix (so you can wear it as neckace or pendent), an Actionmaster version of Convoy, the toy is painted in the shows colors (i.e. blue timted windows), a much better fitting rifle.

So as to which is better?

In the case of Megatron and Convoy which is really how are willing to work to find and how much are you willing to pay the older reissues.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.