Disney Lego figures

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

Disney Lego figures

Post by Cliffjumper »

What's the point in these? The Wife picked up the first half dozen and neither of us can really see what they're for. They're just Disney characters in slightly blocky fashion (cheat parts are cheaty) and there's basically no other use for any of the parts other than to make up that precise Disney character - not much in the way of cool hair or torsos or legs that you can mix and match like there is with the bulk of the regular Minifigs. So what are they for? Hipster crap for people who don't like Lego but want to say "Hey yeah lol I bought some Lego I'm so adorable"? Mindless cash-gouging? Disappointing stuff, roll on the next proper wave.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

cf Funko Pop Vinyl
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

If you can buy it in HMV it's not a proper toy [/rule of thumb]
Sades

Post by Sades »

Disney collectors, mainly, I think.
Cliffjumper wrote:there's basically no other use for any of the parts other than to make up that precise Disney character - not much in the way of cool hair or torsos or legs that you can mix and match like there is with the bulk of the regular Minifigs.
Well that's disappointing.

Yeah, Drogon and Daenerys is probably the only Funko Pop figure I've ever been tempted by.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

At the risk of going Lego Nazi I make it four hairpieces with some conceivable other use and that's it. Most of it is sloppy paint apps -Ariel's brassiere is cute but her mermaid tail carries on and so on. Only Mr Incredible has much potential and I'm guessing the rest of them will be along in an endless barrage of Simpsons style waves breaking up the good stuff. Understand the coin involved but it's still a shame.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Well, if nothing else the Disney stuff is nowhere near as ugly as the Simpsons ones. Those were the stuff of nightmares.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Just Lego milking a licence until Mega Bloks snaps it up, presumably. I think they're turd too. Seem to be pretty popular with grown ups, judging by the amount of folk stood about fingering blind packs - which is just the saddest sight I've ever seen.

That said, if they do Looney Tunes characters at some point, I'd be all over those.

I do wonder if Lego are struggling a bit with the Blind Packs, which is fair enough some 20 odd series in (including stuff like The Simpsons and Olympic variants) and the licensed stuff is probably a day off for the Designers, as the characters just need translating to Lego.