**** Dreamwave

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Computron

**** Dreamwave

Post by Computron »

That is astericks in my title but I am well peed off.

An e-mail from my supplier
I'm afraid Dreamwave has decided it no longer wants to release the War Within preview book in the UK. I heard a rumour about it and rang Diamond Comics (my supplier) this morning who sadly confirmed it. They told me they had no idea why UK fans are getting shafted as no reason was given. All they knew was that they were told last month that they could sell the book, and now they are being told they can't.

what the ****!!!!!!

--Compy
I support a ban on powerposting
Best First
Protoform

Post by Best First »

well, its not like they are written by a ****ING BRITISH GUY or anthing is it?

tossers
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Bunch of ****s... see my post in the G1 forum, and also on the Dreamwave board...
Jim

Post by Jim »

Wasn't the Dreamwave license exclusive to the US/Canada only? If true, perhaps they were forced to cease future products from being exported...

or

They are ****heads. ;)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

No, I believe the UK and Europe are cool to get the TFWW series, and Armada. They're just being c**ts about the Preview. They should be ****ing stopped.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

It would appear that the auto-censor is experiencing technical difficulties...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Originally posted by Stuart Denyer

Does that mean I have to use civil language, now?;)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Stuart Denyer

I probably should have re-read that one... I wouldn't have edited it, but it would have been nice to know... besides, is the c-word covered?
epsilon supreme

Post by epsilon supreme »

so the UK is getting brand new material... still teed off at dreamwave? anyone? anyone?

(hears nothing but silence from once-vengeful fanboys)

didn't think so.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yes, actually, I am. I just wasn't up at 9 in the morning, and I don't think any of the others were either. It's a Sunday. I'd rather have the TFWW preview than some extra material on Armada.
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Damn it! :mad:
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Originally posted by epsilon supreme
so the UK is getting brand new material... still teed off at dreamwave? anyone? anyone?

(hears nothing but silence from once-vengeful fanboys)

didn't think so.

So Dreamwave lets people outside US understand that they can get the preview through Previews, which in my case meant that I could have got from my comic book shop. Then it´s not available Preview, and I get to know it through TF fansites, there is no explanation or apology from Dreamwave and about the only way to get it is Ebay or friends in US.
Now a UK company has got rights to make their own comic version of Armada. And I shouldn´t be teed off at Dreamwave? And the reason would be what?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

UK is getting fresh material? Someone fill me in; net time limited right now...
ScatterShot84
Protoform

No WW for the UK?

Post by ScatterShot84 »

Well thats what happens to those who have power over such a
large number of fans... they make you beg and beg and beg until
you die from it. These people make me bloody sick to my bloody
bones! (* See [link="www.robmeerman.co.uk"]devoted.to/oratoryhell[/link] for details on that remark *).

Decepticons are like rust spots - they're ugly and they can pop up anywhere
Osku
Protoform

Re: No WW for the UK?

Post by Osku »

You understood a bit wrong. They´re not offering the WWI preview outside US/Canada. You can get the six normal issues though.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Incidentally, yes.

I could care less about Armada.
epsilon supreme

Post by epsilon supreme »

wow. in the face of such overwhelming odds, i yield. i had not been aware that all of britain despises the Armada comic, and that i'm the only American who is even considering finding a way to get the UK Armada book....
in light of said facts, i apologize for my foolish words, and for any undue problems it has caused everyone...
<scampers away with tail between legs>
Computron

Post by Computron »

wow. in the face of such overwhelming odds, i yield. i had not been aware that all of britain despises the Armada comic, and that i'm the only American who is even considering finding a way to get the UK Armada book....
in light of said facts, i apologize for my foolish words, and for any undue problems it has caused everyone...
Don't worry about it, I think the reason we are more excited about WWI is because us Uk'ers have been subjected to more Furman and thus hold him iin high regards - That and the fact WWI will give him total freedom and not force him to sell certain toys, I mean include certain characters means the story should be the best thing to hit the tf universe for a long time

--Compy
I support a ban on powerposting
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

You insulted us (over-vengeful fanboys), made me think that you meant it wasn´t Dreamwave´s fault I couldn´t get the preview, seemed to suggest we ha no reason to be angry, didn´t mention anything about wanting the UK Armada imported to US and had no idea how to do it. Any miracle you got a verbal beating? ;) No hard feelings after this though, just choose your words better.

I can sympathize your situation, not being from UK. And I don´t think every UK fan hates Armada. Many are actually excited.
ProckoZero
Protoform

Post by ProckoZero »

Maybe the Canadiens just aren't aware of what's going aboot, eh? :D

"Someone may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."