Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

IDW Sins of the Wreckers comic cover

Post by Denyer »

zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

When?

Need to know. NOW.

I've missed Roche, and I've missed his Wreckers. Waiting on more details, but I'm totally on board :up:

Stakeout seems like the usual out of the left field choice (which about describes all Wreckers), but who's the little yellow guy? Hubcap?

EDIT:

Ah. It's set to kick off in November.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Death's Head has known about this since February! I had a drink with Death's Head the same week Roche told him about this and he kept stum and was all "Yeah, I was hanging around with Nick Roche. AND HE SAID NOTHING OF SIGNIFICANCE. Except when I said I was coming for a drink with you and he said he was very sorry for me"

We can no longer trust Death's Head, when he's told things in confidence he'll keep it confident!

My own reaction... you know that "Permission to Squee!"' moment in Who last year that was clearly there just for people to create internet memes from? Consider me memed.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

EXCITED

EXCITED

Arcee...

Eh.
inflatable dalek

You put up with Verity, you can handle Arcee.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

**shrugs**

I'm not especially stoked about her inclusion, but I suppose she'd be right at home with a title like this.

So much to speculate though! Like the distinct lack of Guzzle on the cover. Or the circumstances that brought Roadbuster back into the fold.

He's been tending over Springer though, so I guess that's not much of a stretch. Still... that's, like, a quarter of the old gang and that prospect makes me feel all tingly inside.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Is that small yellow guy Glitch? As in, part of Orion Pax's pre-war gang of freedom fighters Glitch?
Wreck and Rule!
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Same reaction as Cliffjumper to seeing Arcee, but I can't help but feel they suspect a lot of the readers may feel the same way. Maybe they see it as a challenge to make something decent out of her character?

I reckon the little guy walking beside Roadbuster is Hubcap. It would tie in as Pipes was sending him letters from the Lost Light, Pipes was killed by Overlord and the Wreckers aren't best buddies with Overlord either. Would make for a nice payback link, of sorts... because there's speculation that Overlord isn't dead!

And next to Springer is a green pulse line showing a faint bit of movement! C'mon Springer, he's been out of action as long as Sunstreaker was in the original G1 comics, surely!

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Death's Head
Protoform

Post by Death's Head »

inflatable dalek wrote:Death's Head has known about this since February! I had a drink with Death's Head the same week Roche told him about this and he kept stum and was all "Yeah, I was hanging around with Nick Roche. AND HE SAID NOTHING OF SIGNIFICANCE. Except when I said I was coming for a drink with you and he said he was very sorry for me"

We can no longer trust Death's Head, when he's told things in confidence he'll keep it confident!
:lol:
SMITH
Portfolio | Blog | Freelance Agent Brompton Rhodes - Guns, Girls and Gorillas!
Terome

Post by Terome »

Good.

More Roche more Wreckers.

Good.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

My wife just asked what that noise was.

I'm looking forward to this to say the least.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

I'm very happy to see this is coming. Looks like the duplicate Aequitas (sp?) data slug Ironfist gave to Verity is going to be crucial to this. I guess the titular "Sins" are recorded thereon.

Anyone else think Verity looks Cosmos-esque there? Green parka, yellowish face, red hat...
Wreck and Rule!
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Intriguing title too. I wonder if this will continue in feeling like an 18 film? I mean, when you compare the tone of Wreckers to MTMTE the former is darker, nastier late night Hollyoaks edition of MTMTE.

Really looking forward to Roadbuster, and perhaps finding out the true fate of Rack 'n Ruin. Excellent attention to detail on the artwork as well; isn't that Kup's original gun from the G1 toy?

Oh god, and Valve (and Crest!) There's never going to be enough of this. I hope he gets the chance to put a text story or two in!

Also, is the robot in the bottom right of the panel the police car parked outside the cafe that Verity was writing in? (last panel of LSotW).
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Auntie Slag wrote:...finding out the true fate of Rack 'n Ruin.
I've been here, tormenting Sades. ;)

Text stories might be in the eventual hardcover (please, IDW). This series is one I will buy issue by issue, and then I'll buy the purdy book when it comes along.
Wreck and Rule!
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Oh yeah, there's no way i'll be able to wait for the eventual TPB this time. It was buying the TPB of Wreckers that convinced me I should be reading MTMTE.

The thing is, does Roche have the time to draw it? What with Monster Motors and other projects. If Milne were to be involved then he would have to take time away from MTMTE. One or both of these guys needs to have money and Pro Plus thrown at them.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Auntie Slag wrote:Oh yeah, there's no way i'll be able to wait for the eventual TPB this time. It was buying the TPB of Wreckers that convinced me I should be reading MTMTE.
Ha! Me too. :)

How about Hayato Sakamoto does some more MTMTE, freeing up Milne for SOTW? I thought his recent DJD issue was one of the better art efforts from the reserve bench. Nickel wasn't drawn to my taste, but the rest was good.
Wreck and Rule!
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Although it was quite a departure art-wise, I think I prefer the artist who did issue 16 (the Rewind eulogy episode). I didn't like it at first, but its a real grower. The problem I have with Nakamoto is his robots are too fat. I keep remembering the single panel page showing Deathsaurus talking to one of his underlings. It made DS look like a Tomy toy.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Auntie Slag wrote: Maybe they see it as a challenge to make something decent out of her character?
There's no challenge there. You just make her anyone who isn't a silly pink lovestruck girl or a sub-Bride psycho revenge bitch. Something decent's been done with her character in Prime where she was just, y'know, normal. The 'challenge' is not to write her totally different to 'male' characters.
because there's speculation that Overlord isn't dead!
No way. When IDW kill a character they stay dead. Sometimes for whole weeks.

...Ironfist's going to be in it, isn't he?
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

WOW! Nick Roche finally learned how to draw decent looking G1 Transformers. Writing wise he can easily give James Roberts a run for his money. :p:p
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
inflatable dalek

Cliffjumper wrote:There's no challenge there. You just make her anyone who isn't a silly pink lovestruck girl or a sub-Bride psycho revenge bitch. Something decent's been done with her character in Prime where she was just, y'know, normal. The 'challenge' is not to write her totally different to 'male' characters.
Oddly whilst RID season 2 hasn't been up to the same standards as the best of the first, I've actually been quite liking how Arcee has been written lately, especially her back and forth banter with Galvatron. That means her presence isn't as much of an issue for me as it would have been a year or so ago.

EDIT: The news about a Livio (what seems to be) Punishment sequel basically got curb stomped by this didn't it?

...Ironfist's going to be in it, isn't he?
I'd be amazed if there wasn't a flashback of some sort. Though Roche is actually good at keeping dead characters dead as far as I recall, there's been times he's pulled back from killing people at the last second (Springer, Guzzle), but I don't think he's ever done a resurrection.