In praise of community trading

A trading post for established members. Please read the rules first.
Clay

In praise of community trading

Post by Clay »

I'm really going to have to devote an entire display case to just things I've gotten from trades with the wonderful people here.

Back in 1988 or 1989, my grandmother took me to Toy Liquidators in Eddyville, Kentucky and got me both Dreadwind and Darkwind. Some quarter century later, I still have them both:

So, what's significant about that? Well, a week ago, I got two boxes in the mail from Scotland and Finland. Mr. numbat sent me a complete Doubledealer (and an RID Omega Prime, and...), and Mr. Osku sent me the remainder of parts needed for the Overlord he started to piece together for me back in 2006 or 2007. So, in absolute synchronicity, I completed/acquired the other two Decepticon Powermasters in the same day twenty five years after the first pair. How's that for serendipity?

So, I would like to take this time to thank them, and praise our helpful little community as a whole. I really appreciate it! I'm going to start posting stuff received from members in this thread going forward, and encourage everyone else to do so as well. Cheers! :)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Man, Overlord is massive. Also never knew where his little Powermaster buddies went in robot mode until now.

Congratulations on completing that set of Powermasters!
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

I'm pretty sure I can piece together a shelf from things I got in trades/bought from you guys here.

Highest praise goes to Notabot and his TRU Rodimus he sold me in August 2011. That same Rodimus was the first TF I brought together with me to the UK [cabin luggage no LESS], and has followed me in -every- house I've been in, always proudly on display.

And he has the added bonus of being one of the 10% of TRU Rodimi that has not broken on his own.

:clap:
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Clay wrote:I'm going to start posting stuff received from members in this thread going forward, and encourage everyone else to do so as well. Cheers! :)
Don't forget this sub-forum has a post count restriction -- probably better to keep the thread in the main toys forum?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

On-topic... a lot of loose Autobot cars from Tom over the years (plus KO Ratbat, a mostly complete Go-Lion, and a ton of other stuff), some helpful hook-ups on US releases (memory lets me down here on specifics)... and many other trades.

A couple of recent ones...

Prehistory Animal bronze 80s KO Grimlock with re-moulding, thanks to Clay acting as intermediary with a US-only shipping seller (the Browning KO to the right was thanks to a tip-off on the board as well)... had been after one of these for years since seeing it on ToyArchive in the 90s...

Bludgeon courtesy of 'Dramon (bought because the Blood kit was still around)...

Clay

Post by Clay »

Blackjack wrote:Man, Overlord is massive. Also never knew where his little Powermaster buddies went in robot mode until now.

Congratulations on completing that set of Powermasters!
Yeah! Of course I want to display him in his base mode and staff him with Legends/Legion figures, but he's too big for the case that way. I'm going to need a bigger shelf for that. :o
Knightdramon wrote:I'm pretty sure I can piece together a shelf from things I got in trades/bought from you guys here.

Highest praise goes to Notabot and his TRU Rodimus he sold me in August 2011. That same Rodimus was the first TF I brought together with me to the UK [cabin luggage no LESS], and has followed me in -every- house I've been in, always proudly on display.

And he has the added bonus of being one of the 10% of TRU Rodimi that has not broken on his own.

:clap:
Yep, Mr. Notabot has been an immeasurable help to me over the years as well. I like to think I've sent a few nice things his way, but I know he's found far more things for me than the other way around.
Denyer wrote:Don't forget this sub-forum has a post count restriction -- probably better to keep the thread in the main toys forum?
Hmm. Well, if they can post a trade thread in here, they can post in this one. It should be fine? Plus I'd like to keep it in here to differentiate it from the plain ol' newest acquisitions thread.

Nice to see the Prehistory Grimlock has settled into his new home. :)