[Movie Soundtrack discussions]

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
deceptiravage
Protoform

I hope the soundtrack to the new TF movie doesnt suck

Post by deceptiravage »

I know my wish for having an all heavy metal soundtrack for the new Transformers movie probably wont happen. Especially since most big budget films made now, tend to pay more attention to what songs are doing well on the Billboard charts, rather than what fans want.

Its doubtful if Vince DiCola will compose a new score for this new film

Its doubtful that Lion, Spectre General, or even Weird Al will write new songs for this film.

I know that hair metal is out, but to me it still sounds cool

I know that I am doomed if the opening credits start out with some fresh funky beats by either Bow Wow, Ludacris or Snoop Dogg

Whats worse? some of the autobots dancing to the lyrical likes of Kelly Clakson, Britney Spears or J-Lo.

I know Ironhide has a southern draw, but that doesnt mean I necessarily want to hear Toby Keith, Alan Jackson or Willie Nelson in this new movie either.

I know that Bernie Mac has been confirmed as being cast in this film, and 80% of the time, when a brother is featured in any film, theres bound to be a rap, r&b, or blues song, somewhere in there.

....if this film isnt done right,..Speilberg and Bay are pretty much taking Cybertron to hell in a transformable handbasket!

thoughts anyone??....
Gieferg Prime
Protoform

Post by Gieferg Prime »

Soundtrack for 1986's movie was great, but we have another time now... :(

I really hope, that there will be no rap/r&b music.
I think that it should be a good rock song there - Alice In Chains (or Jerry Cantrell), Velvet Revolver or Audioslave are my favourites to do that.

We need also a good score for the movie, but I dont have any ideas who should do it.
Aardvark

Movie Teaser Score Info + Images

Post by Aardvark »

http://www.soundtrack.net/news/article/?id=776
*It's more than meets the eye, and won't be in theaters until July 4, 2007 - but today at the Sony Scoring Stage, composer Steve Jablonsky recorded music for the theatrical teaser to the new Michael Bay film, Transformers.

*Orchestrator Bruce Fowler conducted a 59-piece orchestra through the 90-second teaser, which uses dissonant string glissandos, brass and a female choir to provide tension building up to a dramatic climax that includes a hint at a theme.

*Score engineer Frank Wolf made sure that the pre-recorded elements, including ambient music design by Mel Wesson, were mixed in nicely with the choir, strings, and brass.

*The melody heard in the teaser isn't necessarily the theme for the film - they're still shooting the movie. However, Jablonsky is pretty sure that he'll utilize it somewhere in the score, due to be recorded next year.

*The theatrical teaser to Transformers will be unleashed on July 4, 2006, but if you can't; wait to hear what Jablonsky came up with, be sure to visit the official website, you can hear some of the synth version of his teaser music.
Sheet Music

Bruce Fowler conducts on the Transformers teaser trailer

Composer Steve Jablonsky and Score Mixer Frank Wolf

The Hollywood Studio Symphony

Orchestra contractor Peter Rotter, music copyist Booker White, assistant Pieter Schlosser (rear), composer Steve Jablonsky and score mixer Frank Wolf
-Alex???
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Hmm. Never heard of him.

He apparently had a hand in Metal Gear Solid: 2's soundtrack (which was done by Harry Gregson-Williams) It seems like he's been a background-part in the soundtracks of a lot of Michael Bay's films, and he apparently did the soundtrack to The Island. (which I haven't seen/heard)
trilobitepictures
Protoform

Post by trilobitepictures »

Well, he's no slouch, he's done quite a few things, but he doesn't have anything on his resume that reallys grabs you. Mainly TV and video games, with quite a few "additional music" credits for a number of features...

IMDB POWER GO!
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0413011/
"It goes 'bing' when there's stuff."

Camarobot
Protoform

Post by Camarobot »

Originally posted by Pun-3X
Hmm. Never heard of him.

He apparently had a hand in Metal Gear Solid: 2's soundtrack (which was done by Harry Gregson-Williams)

Then he's OK in my book. Anyone who had a hand in that theme is good people.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

n0 there should be moor Eninem and Lincoln Prak d00d this suxx0r classic is ghey
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

I was assuming it'd be along the lines of the harsher metallic/synth style, like Hans Zimmer tends to do. I could be entirely wrong, since I haven't heard a sampling of his work at all. (that I've been able to separate anyway) If he takes after Gregson-Williams it could be, but he may have his own style.

On a music-related note (no pun, really) I'm REALLY hoping they don't shove the transformers theme into some dumbass' cell phone like they've been doing with other 'nods' in recent years.
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Originally posted by Pun-3X

On a music-related note (no pun, really) I'm REALLY hoping they don't shove the transformers theme into some dumbass' cell phone like they've been doing with other 'nods' in recent years.

Personally I hope they just bluntly acknowledge it and play the battle theme from the original cartoon in this during the major final battle.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I hope they don't do what The Avengers did and relegate the theme to incidental music (The TF theme actually sounds quiet good big and orchestral).
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

As long as "The Touch" is featured during the climax of the movie, I'm happy. Or even the brilliant vocals from the Cybertron theme. "...to DE-STROOOOOYYY the evil forces..."
Duozenith558
Protoform

Post by Duozenith558 »

I haven't seen or heard any of the films or video games he's worked but he's worked on MGS2: substance and Desperate Housewives. Sounds like a winner to me.

I just hope the music in the film is memorable. Too many soundtracks are very boring orchestra pieces. The inclusion of a choir sounds interesting. I look forward to hearing it.
Petatron 2006
Protoform

Post by Petatron 2006 »

i wouldn't be suprised if they do a cover of the original TF theme but that might only be during the end credits.

though rap/rnb songs will more than likely be in the closing credits.

ive read that the composer will be Steve Jablonsky though this only for the trailer.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

It's almost impossible for the movie to have any decent metal songs. What's in fashion nowadays, anyway? I'd say that 80% of the movie's soundtrack will be pop songs, while the other 20% will be rap\hip-hop songs, MAYBE a soft metal theme and techno-industrial themes. It suits the transformers, after all.
BWW 2000
Protoform

Post by BWW 2000 »

'I hope the soundtrack to the new TF movie doesnt suck '
What, like the soundtrack of the 1986 one did...? ;)
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Breakbeat.

Breaks can soundtrack pretty much anything.
Zizicez
Protoform

Post by Zizicez »

Its just my little selfish wish but I hope that the Chile Peppers or Muse end up in there somewhere

and i dont think Rap/Hiphop would be that bad, exspecially in a scene with Jazz (not the music the character)

wait is jazz in the movie?

well regardless, Hiphop would suit jazz
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

My only wish would be that there'll be no lyrics. Just instrumental music. But I quess that's unrealistic.
inflatable dalek

Re: I hope the soundtrack to the new TF movie doesnt suck

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by deceptiravage
Its doubtful that Lion, Spectre General, or even Weird Al will write new songs for this film.

Wierd Al didn't write a new song for the last one- The producers asked to use a song from his then latest album or somesuch.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Rurudyne
Protoform

Re: I hope the soundtrack to the new TF movie doesnt suck

Post by Rurudyne »

Originally posted by deceptiravage
I know Ironhide has a southern draw, but that doesnt mean I necessarily want to hear Toby Keith, Alan Jackson or Willie Nelson in this new movie either.
Having Iron Hide briefly listen to Keith's 9/11 rabble rousing war song, even if only for a moment as a door opens to a room where he'd been alone, would be very in tune with his character though.

He could also adjust the words or else say something like "Of course, it's no where near as good as Seperatist's slam against the 'Cons for what they did in Altihex!"
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"