Universe Defensor: in package

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Zizicez
Protoform

Universe Defensor: in package

Post by Zizicez »

AND THEY ARE PACKED SEPERATLY THE BASTARDS!!!!!!!

DAMNIT that means the whole set is like $30 if each figure is $5

and that SUXX0RS!!!!!!
Viewfind

Post by Viewfind »

Now that i like.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Well, they've not even bthered to repaint it. One evewn I won't be buying.
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

Originally posted by Viewfind
Now that i like.

Whaddya mean "Now that you like"???? Whats to like about it? It's not Defensor, its Six Turbo, and they think they can just throw it all in and that we'll say wow ok, we'll buy that??? I think not!! That is just despicable!!!! I've actually been turned off by this entire Universe line since the beginning when the repainted Silverbolt to be .. of all colors... "Purple"???? GAG!!! I've only seen a few things come out of this line that are any good, such as the RID repaints, Ruination, Skywarp, King Atlas and Sunstreaker. Though I did like the Depth Charge repaint.. Hmm.. I've almost listed em all off.. oh well.. The others have went to ppfffftttt!!!!
You Are Ratchet!

You are caring and compassionate.

[size=-1]Which Transformer Are You?[/size][
[size=-3]brought to you by Quizilla[/size]
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Overpriced, but I'd probably get it were they cheaper and it was reasonably easy to pick up the set...
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

The Sixturbo reissue can be had cheaper than that. I would've bought a repaint, but there's no way I'm getting this just because it has new packaging. And selling Micromasters individually for $5=worst idea ever.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Er, do we have a definite on $5 being the price tag?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Don't think so, but I seem to recall the individual spychangers being unfortunately close to the price of the two-packs...
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

The spychangers Tiny Tin individual packs sold for $2.99 at Toys R Us. The exclusive KB Toys packs sold for around the same price. I'd have to look for my receipts.. about the non tiny tins spychanger packs though, but I believe it was around the same price if not cheaper.
You Are Ratchet!

Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Denyer
Don't think so, but I seem to recall the individual spychangers being unfortunately close to the price of the two-packs...

I remember them being £2.99 over here, and to be simple, that's over here. I actually only think I saw them in the local indie, who mark everything up by £1 or so a time.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Originally posted by Windrazor
The spychangers Tiny Tin individual packs sold for $2.99 at Toys R Us. The exclusive KB Toys packs sold for around the same price.

I paid $4 each for my KB exclusive spychangers, but it doesn't mtter to me since spychangers are worth it at any price.:)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Taking that as the price, 6 x 4 = $24, more or less what a Sixturbo will cost you. Plus you see which one you're getting, so no pissing around with chase figures.

I still won't buy it, but assuming it's over-priced seems pointless at the mo to me.

A3 - the Super Car Robot Spychangers are worth a look! Wars never looked so good :)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

It does have the advantage that it's likely to be packed evenly and all the pieces are the same price/size. Less chance one will sell more than another...

If it's reasonably-priced, it does seem a fairly decent mould.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
A3 - the Super Car Robot Spychangers are worth a look! Wars never looked so good :)

Yeah, I've been looking into getting a set. I've seen several auctions on ebay end at really nice prices, so I'll probably be bidding on a set soon. Now, if I could just afford the chase clear Super versions, and the Jusco spychangers, I could die happy.:)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'm not too keen on the Jusco ones, meself. And the KB ones were quite disappointing. I keep meaning to tinker in PS to see whether the Car Robot redecos really are negative versions, though.
Skywarp18
Protoform

Post by Skywarp18 »

So this makes How many Prowls in this line then?
Strike when the enemy isnt looking.
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

Forgive me for asking, but what exactly are Chase and Jusco figures? So far I have seen these cars with 2 different versions in Generation 2, one regular version from Robots in Disguise (not counting the Japanese boxed set), a Tiny Tins version which I like, as well as KB Toys clear looking versions. I'm sure theres probably been other versions such as the new Universe packaged Optimus Prime with Prowl, and Ultra Magnus with Ironhide versions. Then again, Prowl wasn't one of the original 6 Spychangers/Go Bots like Ironhide was.
You Are Ratchet!

Viewfind

Post by Viewfind »

Whaddya mean "Now that you like"???? Whats to like about it? It's not Defensor, its Six Turbo, and they think they can just throw it all in and that we'll say wow ok, we'll buy that??? I think not!! That is just despicable!!!! I've actually been turned off by this entire Universe line since the beginning when the repainted Silverbolt to be .. of all colors... "Purple"???? GAG!!! I've only seen a few things come out of this line that are any good, such as the RID repaints, Ruination, Skywarp, King Atlas and Sunstreaker. Though I did like the Depth Charge repaint.. Hmm.. I've almost listed em all off.. oh well.. The others have went to ppfffftttt!!!!

Oh i'm sorry did i offend you or something?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Forgive me for asking, but what exactly are Chase and Jusco figures?
Takara released recolours of the Car Robots Spychangers [lasy year, IIRC], with "Negative" colours

The "chase" figures were transparent versions of the original Car Robots [for the sake of clarity if you're not familiar with Car Robots, basically original RiD] Spychangers. All of the "recolour" Takara Spychangers were packaged in the exact same box, like the PVCs, so you didn't know which you were getting. for pics of these, see here - http://www.tfclub.com/tffiles/toy/speci ... 1_9684.jpg

The Jusco recolours are different again, despite also being called "Super ______". These came out as store exclusives in Japan in 2000, around when the originals were released - http://tfdatabase.com/toys/rare/jusco/index.html#auto

A rough run-down of the Go-Bot mould resuses is:

1995 - G2 Go-Bots Wave 1 [Blow-Out, Highbeam, Doubleclutch, Gearhead, Motormouth, Firecracker]
1995 - G2 Go-Bots Leaders [Optimus Prime, Megatron]
1995 - G2 Go-Bots Wave 2 [Frenzy, Bumblebee, Mirage, Soundwave, Ironhide, Sideswipe]
1995 - BotCon 95 Exclusive - Nightracer
2000 - Car Robots Spychangers [Autofire/Artfire, X-Car, Counter Arrow, Wars, Ox, Eagle Killer]
2000 - Super Car Robots Spychangers, Jusco exclusives [Super Autofire/Artfire, Super X-Car, Super Counter Arrow, Super Wars, Super Ox, Super Eagle Killer]
2001 - RiD Spychangers [Hot Shot/Rev, Crosswise/W.A.R.S., Mirage/Ironhide]
2002 - RiD Kaybee Clear Spychangers [Hot Shot, Crosswise, Mirage, W.A.R.S., Ironhide, Rev]
2002 - RiD Tiny Tin Spychangers [Hot Shot, Crosswise, Mirage, W.A.R.S., Ironhide, Rev]
2003 - Super Car Robots Spychangers [not the Jusco ones... Super Autofire/Artfire, Super X-Car, Super Counter Arrow, Super Wars, Super Ox, Super Eagle Killer, plus clear chase figures]
2003 - RiD Kaybee Spychangers [different again, Hot Shot, Crosswise, Mirage, W.A.R.S., Ironhide, Rev]
2004 - Universe Ironhide.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

"I'd be happier with the dollar." -Mr. Burns