Spreading simple & uncomplicated forum love.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Spreading simple & uncomplicated forum love.

Post by Auntie Slag »

Hello loves,

Just like to say a big hello to you lovely wonderful people out there in Transformer land. I'm right propperly back on-line, so I am, and it's great. It's been roughly four years since I've had a proper, honest to goodness Internet connection that I could use anytime I wanted, and now I have.

I've been reading up on loads of Transformers related things on the main site and my Unicron there's so many things going on.

Firstly, I loved the movie. Pure, unadulterated popcorn fun with explosions and preposterous noises everywhere, stuff going kaboom and jerky camera movements aplenty (normally I deplore all that NYPD handicam jitteriness but for this it worked perfectly).

Bumblebee as the love bug was an easily inspired, but wonderful thing and all the little touches that us picky fans could pick up on were great (Prime saying his own motto, keeping the Witwicky name etc).

And a huge thanks to the person who managed to put 'Eugenesis' up on this site for all to read. I was checking out the James Roberts interview on Transfans this morning and it's all hugely interesting.

What a time to be a Transformers fan eh?

I like robots, and jAam. Well, lemon curd actually. lEmøn Kuuurd-uh!:swirly:

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
optimusprme

Post by optimusprme »

hi there wlecome back to the forums do enjoy your welcome

"we are all a little wiser now from the knowledge we accumulate from this moment on" the return of optimusprime
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Thank you Optimus. I loved you in 'Prey'.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Welcome back Aunty Slag.The vets are coming back in force indeed.

:cheers:
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Fantastic. Now if we could just accidently lose a couple of dozen people everything will be fantastic.
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

He returns!!!:up:
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

inflatable dalek wrote:Fantastic. Now if we could just accidently lose a couple of dozen people everything will be fantastic.
Quoted for truth. Welcome back Auntie.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

You could take turns banning me I suppose.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
rattrap23

Post by rattrap23 »

I remember you from the old days! I’ve only been a member for a year or so, but I’ve been reading the forums since 2004.

It’s good to se you back again.:wave:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grew up, mellowed out.
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

I'm a vet! *gives kiss of life to goat*

How wonderful, shame about the sputum. And look, Big Z *points* how you doing mate? Remember beating each other senseless to a-ha's best? great days...

I've been lurking around on the boards the last few months, reading away. All done on the local library machines, mind. Was neber able to get back into it like before, but now I'm a new Slag. Same as the old Slag. Shame about the AWF, I rather enjoyed that. I had a lot more time then, not that I'm busy now, far from it. I'm just 100x lazier.

Are there any hotdogs around here? Nudge nudge? I'm going to go stalk Superion637 for a bit.

And remember, old posters don't die. They just bugger off for a bit and spend ages trying to make old computers work, find the one or two necessary vital components and then piss around some more!

And now, what I feel is a very apt Transformers quote:

"Hey, where'd Mirage go"?
Hotdog Divebomb

Post by Hotdog Divebomb »

Auntie Slag wrote:I'm a vet!
Maybe you'll be the next Doctor Who?
Are there any hotdogs around here?
No, but maybe the occasional teenage mutant ninja canonicity space pirate.
Look at me, everybody! I'm Brendocon! I've got an alt ID! Aren't I wonderful? Whooo.
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

I'm sure that was Partners in Kryme's intended follow up sequel.

Hoorah, I feel all fluffy inside. With the next site update, can they do a widget-thing that makes you tea? Then I'd never leave.:swirly:

So many new smiley's and extra gadgets in this new 2008 Archive.

Honestly, where is Mirage?:deadhorse:
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

secretcode wrote:You could take turns banning me I suppose.
Oh please can you? Go on Mods. Make my Christmas!

Welcome back you Slag! How the bug'r have you been?

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Oh fine thanks Mr. Switch:wave:

Got absolutely nowhere in life, but I can't complain too much when there's a live action Transformer movie that doesn't suck, and another one waiting in the wings.

On another note, I bought 1986 TF:TM on DVD a few months back and really enjoyed the commentary by Chris McFeeley. It was so nice to have a completely non-dumbed down interpretation, and picking out the very minutest of minutiae (Wheeljack mistakenly coloured as Sideswipe for one billion of a second of screentime for instance). Worth it for that alone I reckon. Critiques like that make everything worthwhile, makes me feel fully justified in mortar bombing the factory that'll be producing the X-Factor Christmas single:up:
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Sixswitch wrote:Oh please can you? Go on Mods. Make my Christmas!
Fine with me. As long as I'm back on the day after Christmas.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

What-ho Auntie! Good to see one of the good guys back in town.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Wow! this guys great :up: Welcome back you seem fun!
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Auntie Slag wrote: And now, what I feel is a very apt Transformers quote:

"Hey, where'd Mirage go"?
Since they gave him his own comic he's to good for then likes of us.

You may be interested to know that at a recent Mod wine and cheese party we voted your Bumblebee review officially the greatest thing on the site. Now excuse me, I seem to have something a bit brown on my nose...
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

I thought my arse was hurting for the wrong reason.

Eeew, blood.

Anyway, thanks for Bumblebee review nod. I love reviews. I love cheese too. Can I come to the next one. I'd bring loads of cracker varieties, salty one's, peppery one's. I'm a cheese whore.

And a whore.

Sades

Post by Sades »

Hey there. :wave: