2008 Academy Awards: Transformers Won Nothing

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Civ

2008 Academy Awards: Transformers Won Nothing

Post by Civ »

http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2008 ... ?GT1=10947

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ry-164297/

Well, it looks as though TF lost out in all three categories it was nominated for...oh, well.... :(
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Binal Convoy
Protoform

Post by Binal Convoy »

Don't worry. We have sequels. :)
-
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I was dragged into seeing the Golden Compass. Thought the visual effects were terrible, and I can't believe they won out over Transformers in that catagory. The Sound catagories are lame anyway, so I don't care about those as much.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Aww c'mon! It's not like The Transformers was a real movie, an' all. It wasn't damned awful, full of people crying and defrauding each other, or rushing around in ludicrously impossible airships... what do you expect? The judges probably pick the Brooker Prize Winners on their day off, in between catching soap re-runs.

:smack:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

I'm disappointed.I feel like I died inside.Even the experts thought it would win. :nonono: :(
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Wingsabre
Protoform

Post by Wingsabre »

I wanted it to win but in knew it wouldnt.

Since when has a decent film you actually want to watch won oscars?

Not since the rare occassions of LOTR and others.

The Golden Compass looks awfull. Before it was made the directer Weitz backed out saying cgi wasnt up to it, Then went back and made it. If he wasnt confident in it, how bad is this film?

Transformers might win the MTV awards or something.
The oscars are all about how much money a company has to pay off the judges sometimes.Not all the time obviously.
The flinch in your eyes calls your bluff
Feel free to die when youve had enough
Useless cause is breaking your back
Your life will end when you attack

Check out my art here

http://viviax.deviantart.com/
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Wingsabre wrote:Since when has a decent film you actually want to watch won oscars?
The Departed. And No Country for Old Men was awesome too.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Didn't care to see Golden Compass. It didn't get parodied like TF did in "Meet the Spartans" from what I remember (my memory is a bit foggy, but I don't think it did). I am just disappointed in the Oscars mainly because the movies that should win never do, and the ones that don't even deserve a mention usually win. Nothing is like "Gone With the Wind" for crying out loud, and I wish the judges would realize that...:smack:
Civ

Post by Civ »

Wingsabre wrote:Transformers might win the MTV awards or something.
Actually, it already has won some awards.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0418279/awards
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Wingsabre wrote:I wanted it to win but in knew it wouldnt.

Since when has a decent film you actually want to watch won oscars?
No country for old men
There will be blood
Michael Clayton
Ratatouille
Juno
Sweeney Todd
Bourne Ultimatum

That's just from this year, a large variety of films of different styles (action, comedy, drama, thriller(ish), musical) that are really good. Bet I can pull out a similar list for last year, the year before, the one before that and so on.

Boo hoo, Transformers didn't win an Oscar. Stop and look at that sentence for a minute, then cast your mind back 2-3 years, lots of people thought the film was a hoax, then straight to video, then were crying when Michael Bay came onboard. What did we end up with? A bloody good action film which sold well enough for multiple sequels and was in the top 5 films considered for technical oscars this year! How cool and way above initial expectations is that? Transformers, nominated for 3 oscars, even the most ardent fan surely wasn't dreaming of that a few years ago!
stoltobot
Protoform

Post by stoltobot »

Geez, after seeing Transformers and then Beowulf I thought that was about the pinnacle of cutting edge CG work. This Gold Compass must be a bit of a humdinger. I must see if I can find it.
________
Buy Portable Vaporizer
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

if Beowulf didn't win.. I am amazed. I thought the CGI was great, even if the story was a little out there. Another reason I don't watch award shows ...
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Clogs wrote:Aww c'mon! It's not like The Transformers was a real movie, an' all. It wasn't damned awful, full of people crying and defrauding each other, or rushing around in ludicrously impossible airships...
Indeed - defend Transformers by attacking another film's lack of realism. :wall: