Hearts of Steel Preview Images+Pg7 Pencils

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Aardvark

Hearts of Steel Preview Images+Pg7 Pencils

Post by Aardvark »

Thanks to Taka-Tahu-Nuva for sending us this scanned preview of the upcoming Transformers Evolution - Hearts of Steel comic due out this June. You can check it out by clicking here.
Well you've probably seen these but the Hearts of Steel preview pics are up on http://www.tfw2005.com It hadn't been reported so I figured I'd go ahead and post it (Awwwwe) CONTAINS SPOILERS
Moving on...

Well its not much to report but still...The Transformers Evolutions: Hearts of Steel #1 page 7 pencils are up on the IDW site for your viewing pleasure; http://www.idwpublishing.com/news/dujour.shtml
Yep its a picture of a train...

Here's the pic
-Alex???
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

http://www.tfw2005.com/gallery/Transfor ... el-Preview

Direct links are handy, because front page news moves quickly. :)

Looks... well, at the moment it's looking and sounding a bit Death's Head 3, which isn't very auspicious... still, it's impossible to judge from four pages...
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

I think IDW need to offer up something a little better in the Art Du Jour section then a pencil of a rather dull and somewhat out of context scene.

Oh and sorry about not directly linking it I was mortified at the thought that somehow this was already in the news section and that a big lock would be plastered over the thread to forever cast a shadow of shame over me that I got a little kafuffled;)

Edit: Forgot to put little in front of kafuffled...
It was annoying me, I have no idea why...
-Alex???
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Art du jour's literally just what's lying around the office, an interesting extra for fans -- it's not a big marketing thrust, but that's the way some sites take it.
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Originally posted by Denyer

Looks... well, at the moment it's looking and sounding a bit Death's Head 3,

I really wish you hadn't put that thought in my head. ;)
still, it's impossible to judge from four pages...

Don't forget the train. Still legions of fans are somehow able to judge the Transformers film on the basis of a mouldy, crumpled up doodle of Starscream eating a banana.
-Alex???
Angelophile
Protoform

Post by Angelophile »

Which is fake anyway.

Anyway, yeah...

I think IDW might have actually turned me off buying a Transformers comic for the first time ever since I picked up issue 26 of the UK Marvel run and never looked back.

Really just not interested in the Generations stuff. It hurts my eyes.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Generations?
Commander Shockwav
Protoform

Post by Commander Shockwav »

Not the style I expected to see.

As Stu says, you can't really say much from four panels, but I will say its not the grainy, weathered look I expected.

These characters look more like they hail from a Beast Wars tale, which I really don't have much interest in.

Regardless, the earlier stuff about Hearts of Steel we were presented will definitely have me in the comic store to scoop this sucker up.

If anything, I want to see Evolutions as the biggest success story in years because the potential is enormous.
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

In a way the comic may actually be better off left in pencil form to complement the “ye old mood”. Though pencil is just a personal preference of mine
-Alex???
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Commander Shockwav
If anything, I want to see Evolutions as the biggest success story in years because the potential is enormous.
Sure, as long as we get stuff other than trips through history as well.
Commander Shockwav
Protoform

Post by Commander Shockwav »

Sure, as long as we get stuff other than trips through history as well.

If IDW restricts Evolutions to time-hopping instead of expanding it to include "What If?..." and anthology types of stories, it would be the first big mistake IDW has made thus far.

Given their track record, I would say IDW will do the right thang.
Ford DeceptiFocus
Protoform

Post by Ford DeceptiFocus »

I'm actually looking forward to this fresh take on the Transformers mythology that won't--by it's very definition, as an out-of-continuity set of tales--be restricted by dogma, history, expectations, etc.

Well, at least that is the hope.
Till All Are Drunk with the Matrix!
Angelophile
Protoform

Post by Angelophile »

Generations?

Evolutions, whatever. ;)
Darth Zax
Protoform

Post by Darth Zax »

wait, i thought they transformed in trains etc. why do the bots in the comic like dragons en gargoyles?
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Its just a look back at the past, its still got the choo choos and whatnot. This recap appears to be set during or the coming of the Ice age, hence the apparent dinosaur and mammoth modes.

Here’s my super cool blurb: We can look forward to the Transformers being unearthed throughout history, each with their own exciting adventure. Hmm that Sounded like something a primary teacher would say to make learning “KOOL for Da KIDZ”
-Alex???
Darth Zax
Protoform

Post by Darth Zax »

Originally posted by Aardvark
Its just a look back at the past, its still got the choo choos and whatnot. This recap appears to be set during or the coming of the Ice age, hence the apparent dinosaur and mammoth modes.

okay. never read that anywhere, thx.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

[BLooks... well, at the moment it's looking and sounding a bit Death's Head 3, which isn't very auspicious... [/B]

OT Rant: I just reread the whole of that to see if it flowed better in one go, and the entire middle two issues with the trip to South Africa are utterly irrelivant to the plot! DH doesn't rescue who he's supposed to (nor who he wants to) but this seems to have no impact whatsoever on anything, it doesn't even get mentioned in the last two parts. Bah.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!