Have my eye on a KO Masterpiece Ratbat...

A trading post for established members. Please read the rules first.
Terome

Have my eye on a KO Masterpiece Ratbat...

Post by Terome »

Not sure if this is the right sub-forum for such a thread. Please move it if it's not appropriate.

I'm eyeing up a Masterpiece Ratbat KO from a prolific seller on eBay. I'm brand new to eBay and I am not entirely sure if this item is worth it. I know you lot buy quite a few KO bits and pieces and are quite happy with what you get so I'm after some local knowledge / reassurance on this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Transformers- ... 25a367821b

Because, let it not go unsaid, I really dig Ratbat.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

It's legit [as in, yes, it is a KO and has been "tested"]. They popped up around late November/early December. Denyer and I both got one. I think they all have the same problem---plastic is a bit cheap or screws are made out of adamantium or something.

Make no mistake, the wings will snap on yours sooner or later. I took the screws out on both of mine right away and it had still stressed and eaten some of the plastic. Mine is flimsy, held together by glue and friction, and some parts are starting to develop stress marks as well [basically anything that has a pin or screw through it].

Could be worth it based on how much you want an MP ratbat on your shelf.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Terome

Post by Terome »

Aha! Thanks for that. It does sound like it might be more trouble than it's worth. I've got that Cybertron Ratbat that ganon sold me a while back that does technically fill my Ratbat quota but he's just not adorable enough.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Depends whether you want to display it or transform it. Mine's perched on a KO Browning so it's probably fine unless it falls off.
Terome

Post by Terome »

Aww bless his sweet little bat-face.

I think I might have been warned off. I fiddle with these things compulsively all the time and the thought of one falling apart in my hands is unduly upsetting.