Pat Lee Talks to Bleeding Cool about Dreamwave

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
praetorian
Protoform

Pat Lee Talks to Bleeding Cool about Dreamwave

Post by praetorian »

Interview between Bleeding Cool and Pat Lee about Dreamwave's downfall and the controversy surrounding it:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/12/20/ ... l-brother/
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Heh, that's an outstanding interview. I love the various attempts to fob things off, and the resulting silence when contradictory facts are then revealed. Much more effective than mocking him on the Waki or laughing at him failing to draw Optimus Prime particularly well on a door.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

porshe = burden

so true
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Not sure if I've missed this somewhere, but is there any significance to the green ringed bits on the Silver Snail cover, beyond them being the usual troubled perspective/anatomy Lee stuff?
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Rich used my "edited" version of the Silver Snail cover, probably because he couldn't find an unedited version.

The green circles just highlight various anatomy and perspective problems.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Yeah. The guy's a tool, and he's not doing himself any favours.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

At least it's always going to be easy to boycott anything the knob-end does, because people with good scripts aren't going to be in any hurry to have them drawn as balloon caricatures.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I don't know, I'm always going to have a degree of respect for anyone who doesn't give Alex Milne money.

Furman classes himself as working in animation now? Making the tea, doing the lunch, that sort of thing?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Heh, I read the title as, "Pat Lee talks about bleeding Dreamwave dry."
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Wow, he's like an evil PR person or a politician.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Damn, people still care about this guy?

Love how he acts all confused when confronted with the more sensitive questions. 'Can you give me evidence about so on and so forth?' (no response from Pat to this interjection)

Furman is working on animation? :eyebrow:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Well yeh, who can forget The Engine - Industrial Strength? Nobody who did the convention circuit 5-10 years ago and had the site's URL tattooed on their frontal lobes by him mentioning it repeatedly, that's for sure.
inflatable dalek

That was animation? I thought he was moonlighting as a mechanic.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Interesting interview. I don't know if Lee is genuine about wanting to repay creditors. I used to work at an Accountants and we were heavily involved in insolvency and bankruptcy proceedings in which we basically participated in allowing clients to continuing in business by forcing insolvency/ bankruptcy/ liquidation through morally suspect but perfectly legal means. This means a big pay day for the variuous bean counters involved and creditors have to make do with whatever scraps are left, if anything. The business owner is then free to walk away and set up a new company...quite often by just cosmetic changes to the company such as reestablishing the firm without a need to close offices/ loose staff etc. They are then free to start again (and in some cases, repeat the process). I'd like to believe he's willing to repay creditors, but he'd be unique if he did...and why now, after six years..?

As for Furman returning to Animation, well thats possible. He did do the odd episode for below the radar cartoon shows like Dan Dare Adventures.
inflatable dalek

What we really need to have a full and inteligent insight into this is that IshkyinOkawawawawawawa (or whatever his name was) to return. He could explain that Pat's answers are perfectly coherent in a Manga style and it's just our ignorant Western eyes making them look stupid (or indeed, entirely absent).