Universe Deluxe Class wave 6: Hot Shot and... Ratchet!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Nevermore

Universe Deluxe Class wave 6: Hot Shot and... Ratchet!

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

No pics yet (although we've already seen Hot Shot in the Collectors' Club magaine, and the first colored pics of Henkei Ratchet appear to depict the Hasbro version).
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
MeGrimlock
Protoform

Post by MeGrimlock »

Isn't it a bit weird that the same character is available in two different toy lines and with a similar look?
I realize this is not the first, but at least Prowl is a car in Universe and a motorbike in Animated... or maybe now the Animated Ratchet toy is history, because it belongs just to 2007, while Universe Ratchet is a 2008 toy?
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Don't you mean Animated is 2008 and Universe is 2009, in terms of Ratchet?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Treadshot A1 wrote:Don't you mean Animated is 2008 and Universe is 2009, in terms of Ratchet?
its a fair point - they* did say they wouldn't be doing the same characters in both lines, and that prowl was an exception due to his very different forms. i'm far more suprised that instead of a universe ironhide repainted to universe ratchet, they didn't just repaint animated ratchet (as ironhide has been in the show more than once, albeit in cameo roles)

*insert name of whoever said this

point being, if they ARE willing to double up, does this 'un-kybosh' the universe characters they said they wouldn't do right away as they were already in animated? can we start getting our hopes up for a universe jazz (legends nonwithstanding)?
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

borg72 wrote:its a fair point - they* did say they wouldn't be doing the same characters in both lines, and that prowl was an exception due to his very different forms. i'm far more suprised that instead of a universe ironhide repainted to universe ratchet, they didn't just repaint animated ratchet (as ironhide has been in the show more than once, albeit in cameo roles)

*insert name of whoever said this

point being, if they ARE willing to double up, does this 'un-kybosh' the universe characters they said they wouldn't do right away as they were already in animated? can we start getting our hopes up for a universe jazz (legends nonwithstanding)?
I'll be hoping for a Universe Blitzwing to stand next to Octane and Astrotrain!
MeGrimlock
Protoform

Post by MeGrimlock »

Treadshot A1 wrote:Don't you mean Animated is 2008 and Universe is 2009, in terms of Ratchet?
Yes, I do. Hmm, I seem to have lost a year =:-|
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Did you look under the sofa? Pretty careless to lose a whole year ;)

I'm guessing Hasbro's main concern was regarding competing figures on the shelves, so I guess it doesn't take long after such-and-such figure finishes shipping to retailers for it to be considered discontinued... add on the three months until this wave hits and that's more thah enough of a gap.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Losing a whole year... LOL!

Skipping Ratchet after seeing the mess they did with Ironhide, despite my love for the character. Hot Shot... ain't liking the character much.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Through cutting out most, if not all of the huge gimmicks that plagued the original, I'm willing to give "jaAm 2.0" a chance. I don't know about Ratchet though.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I'll get Ratchet. Might not get Hot Shot. Looks like a lot of kibble.
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

I think both of them will be getting picked up. As long as we get a Jolt with Hot Shot, I'll be very happy. Is anybody else finding his arms....odd? Not bad, just something very odd about them. Can't quite put my finger on it.
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Bringing Robots Into Disgrace Since 1984
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Probably will pick up henkei Ratchet if I can find it. I prefer Henkei Ratchet to Uniclassics.

Hot Shot is pass for me, but my little brother loves the character so much, and a new MiniCon is irresistible.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

New pics of Ratchet, horribly oversaturated, airbrushed and looking nothing like what the final toy will look like:
http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=10586

The license plate says "H3LPU2", a reference to an old Marvel Comics cover, which has been found out when we saw the first colored photos of the Henkei verison, which used photos of the Hasbro version as a substitute.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

New pics of Hot Shot, in the same over-saturated look as Ratchet:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Aw...he has no weapons.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Starfield
Protoform

Post by Starfield »

Safety Warning: This Product is for Adult Collectors. It may contain sharp points, small parts that are choking hazards, and other elements that are not suitable for children under 16 years of age.
Seriously? I've never seen any kind of warning like that before. Is it for real?
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Starfield wrote:Seriously? I've never seen any kind of warning like that before. Is it for real?
BBTS has that for all the toys they sell now. Might be some sort of glitch.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

He looks so good that I want one. In exchange for my Armada version of course. On the other hand; I don't really need him because I already own Cybertron Hotshot and he has also some good articulation AND he has got a weapon and gimmicks. What the heck should I do now????

EDIT: I think he has got a weapon in the form of that Supercharger on his bonnet. For the transformation it splits apart and it wouldn't suprise me if the pieces are detachable.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Looks great, I don't have a designated Hot Shot figure yet. He looks better than the ones my brother has.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Is that a clear visor? I hope it's just an attachable piece, as paint on clear plastic hasn't gone well lately.

aLso, wHy hIS sHouLDeRz hUrt lEsS?
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32