Movie Toys out in Argos UK!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
tarikq
Protoform

Movie Toys out in Argos UK!

Post by tarikq »

Just to let people know the movie toys are now available in Argos!

tried to get Bumblebeen but they only had Jazz's.

also on a side note the 6" titaniums are on sale, £7.50!, and even better I managed to get Ultra Magnus! :)
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Which 6" Titaniums? Have they got my OP in, cos he's never appeared in any branch I've breezed in to!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tarikq
Protoform

Post by tarikq »

Originally posted by Clogs
Which 6" Titaniums? Have they got my OP in, cos he's never appeared in any branch I've breezed in to!

not sure sorry, its the normal case of asking them to bring them all out i'm afaid, although my Magnus turned up without me asking to see the others so it is actually possbile to have some good luck in there for once!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

*Sighs* Once more into Argos, dear friends...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tarikq
Protoform

Post by tarikq »

they also had loads of Alternators Shockwave (I refuse to call him Shockblast) in there for a tenner, have they over produced this guy or something?
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Originally posted by tarikq
they also had loads of Alternators Shockwave (I refuse to call him Shockblast) in there for a tenner, have they over produced this guy or something?
Damn 'em! I paid the full £19.99 for my Shockwave. I will just have to have a long lunch tomorrow and go curse about the money I have overspent...:wall:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tarikq
Protoform

Post by tarikq »

my one was an ebay purchase before he came out here so you can imagine...
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Let us sympathise with each other! And I will go to Argos tomorrow, once I've had my Decepticon sigil tattoo tidied up... I may not be eating for a week, but this might be a chance worth seizing with both hands.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

I went on the Argos website earlier today and they had listings for loads of moive toys - leaders, voyagers, deluxes, even Ops head and the blaster.

Also the movie toys were buy one get one half price. So you should've got two tarikq!
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Quite the shopping list I have in the afternoon when I surface(im on holiday from work and milking it for all its worth check the time of the post)
Poundland for mini RM KOs
Woolies for UM/Skywarp twinpack-some bargain at 14.99
Argos for Titaniums and Alt Shockwave(blast)
And various others for chronic wastes of money like food,soap,toothpaste and deodorant.
Can anyone think of anything (UK High St TF bargain related) I might have missed???

BTW Does anybody know how the alternators display scale wise with G1 Ultra magnus' car carrier trailer
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Target
Protoform

Post by Target »

Dam I just can't seem to find the right Argos to go into, went into 2 today in Nottingham, looking at the Cybertron line (got them at half price) and 1 store only had Skywarp, while the other had 3 skywarps (or was it thundercracker) and one titanium soundwave :(
I don't want them!! aagghh.
If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
tarikq
Protoform

Post by tarikq »

Originally posted by Neuronutter
I went on the Argos website earlier today and they had listings for loads of moive toys - leaders, voyagers, deluxes, even Ops head and the blaster.

Also the movie toys were buy one get one half price. So you should've got two tarikq!

I was tempted but I only really want Bumblebee and all they had were three Jazz's.

The leader class were tempting as well but cant really justify them after buying Tit Rodimus (good ring to that eh?) and Ultra Magnus and Protoform Prime and also saving up for MP Megs.
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

I went into quite a lot of Argos stores today. All Staffordshire area (Stafford, Longton, Hanley, Festival Park Eutria, Tunstall, Newcastle Under Lyme) and all I could get was Voyager Ratchet and Blackout and Protoform Optimus Prime and Starscream.
Was only wanting to get Leader class Prime and Megs :(
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

I love the fact your all completely ignoring my Alt/UM question I also love the fact im completely mad drunk
numbat

Post by numbat »

Went into the Argos in Dumbarton yesterday to blow the remainder of a gift voucher, and came away with a Proto-Screamer. I hadn't been convinced of him by pics, but the actual bot looked nicely detailed in person... yet to explore though. But, erm, yeah, all they had were two Proto-Screamers.

They also profess to have the legends bundle, but I'm not interested in Jazz, so am gonna wait until they are more affordable and individually available.

None of the other figures were instock.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Clogs
Damn 'em! I paid the full £19.99 for my Shockwave.

That's nothing, I spent twenty on Ultra Magnus about two hours ago, so I'm not best pleased about reading this. No one should buy things cheaper than I did.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

In woolworths today, here in sunny carlisle.

They had the proto-screamers. Prime blasters & 'Stompin Optimus Prime' whatever the f*** that is. Also had the LOC Menasor that I paid little attention to.

Nothing else new :\
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Originally posted by martyboy70
I love the fact your all completely ignoring my Alt/UM question I also love the fact im completely mad drunk

They're a little too big in car form and about the same size in robot form.

There ya go. Question answered :D
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Thanks for that Rookwise I never made it to the shops stayed in my bed all day with a stinking hangover will try again tomorrow

Update:
Made it to the shopping centre today picked up the 6" titanium Ultra Magnus from Argos for £7.50 well impressed with it for the price and it displays nicely in bot mode next to my G1 UM in car carrier mode.
My local branch had none of the £10 Alts (Shockblast and Silverstreak)
Had to order the UM/Skywarp twinpack in Woolies cos the six they had last week were nowhere to be seen(No shelf-warming for them) I knew I should have bought as many as poss and stashed them for ebay profiteering at a later date.
tarikq
Protoform

Post by tarikq »

And now they are gone! all the listings have been taken off the Argos, TRU and woolies websites! damn!