New Monthly Transformers comic (UK) - Looking for input: Letters/artwork etc!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

New Monthly Transformers comic (UK)

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

www.titanmagazines.co.uk/transformers

Some helpful info:

- Attached: Issue 1 cover
- Launches in the UK on 19th July 2007
- Price £2.60
- Pagination 52pp
- Includes all new stories, free gift every issue, competitions, fact files
and features galore!
- To subscribe visit http://www.titanmagazines.co.uk/transformers
From Titan (click to enlarge)

edit: Steve White interview with Geoff Senior preview art!

http://transfans.net/interviews_white.php
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Awesome. That would look really good if he was holding Blackout's head on a spike.
The Swedish Chef
Protoform

Post by The Swedish Chef »

And of course the classic creative team behind the first issue is...

FURMAN and SENIOR! :D

(I'm a little biased insofar as I'd prefer them to be writing/drawing a G1 TF MarvelUK-inspired title, but obviously that won't happen.)

This is all about the new live action movie continuity, and so be it. Good luck to 'em. :)
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Ooooo Wonder how many issues this will run for :rolleyes:

Hopefully longer than the UK versions of G2 and Armada
AndyTurnbull
Protoform

Post by AndyTurnbull »

There is a preview page up from the first issue over at The Hub with art by Geoff Senior.

The Hub

Andy
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

****in' A. Trust Geoff to get some real clarity from those movie designs - a big return to form after his Armada cover. Don who? I'm now genuinely excited about this thing. Let's just hope Geoff's not just onboard for the launch issue, and we don't get Wildman phoning it in/being exposed for being totally dependant on Stephen Baskerville from #2 onwards. It's a really great sign that one of IDW's lesser lights like Milne or Guidi. The man who was born to build Transformers is back in the game.

While it won't happen, I'd love to see Derek Yaniger get his mitts on a comic with these character models as well.
AndyTurnbull
Protoform

Post by AndyTurnbull »

It's a rotating group of artists - Wildman is doing issue 3 iirc, with Don Figueroa and Nick Roche also contributing. Apparently in future issues we might get Dougie Braithwaite and Guido Guidi.

It is good to see Senior doing better than his Armada/Reaching The Omega Point work.

I too would kill to see Yaniger have a stab at it, but it's sadly unlikely.

Andy
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by AndyTurnbull
Wildman is doing issue 3 iirc

Please tell me Baskers will be there making the art look, well, good... Andy/Andrew got found out big time on those Armada UK issues...
AndyTurnbull
Protoform

Post by AndyTurnbull »

There's no mention of Baskerville's involvement from the info that Simon Furman gave on his blog.

With Steve White being an old Marvel hand and knowing what Wildman can do when he actually puts a shift in we might be alright.

Andy
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Hmm, I've never really been convinced by the "slacking off" angle because Armada #9, with Baskers, just looked so much better than any of them without him, and I wouldn't really expect Wildman to put much more effort into that than the preceding few messes... Still, here's hoping :)

Nice to have you back around, BTW :)
AndyTurnbull
Protoform

Post by AndyTurnbull »

Cheers.

I thought his work on the last Joe/Tf mini from Devil's Due was much better than the Armada work. Admittedly the majority of his good work was when he was inked by Baskerville - that being said I enjoyed his Hulk fill in issue decades ago, and the TF black and white stuff was pretty good too.

Andy
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

http://transfans.net/interviews_white.php

Comic is sounding great... :)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Not wanting to sound too much like a whingeing little bitch, but frankly it's about time we got something good... metaphorically we've been paying for getting exclusive Marvel strips, Euro Classics and the Turbomasters since about 1993 ;)
AndyTurnbull
Protoform

Post by AndyTurnbull »

I'm really looking forward to this, which is a great contrast to my overwhelming sense of dread in the lead up to the UK Armada comic.

Andy
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

BTW, the subscribe link currently shows '24', but they're aware of the problem and hopefully it'll be fixed shortly.

edit:

Um, not-so-good news:
The problem should have been resolved. Clear your cache like I did and it
works!

Sadly, no, it will most definitely not be available in the USA. But I'm sure
ebay will help.
...but I'm sure people on boards will do their best to set up supply chains. I'd offer, but I'm doing reservations myself (will be out of the country for a few months soon-ish.)
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Originally posted by Denyer
...but I'm sure people on boards will do their best to set up supply chains. I'd offer, but I'm doing reservations myself (will be out of the country for a few months soon-ish.)

Sending essential supplies to our colonies? I volunteer to do my bit... Don't know if Titan would agree to send multiple subscriptions via my home addy for forwarding, but I could ask if that is one way of ensuring issues are available...?

pm me rather than clutter the forum. If I get innundated, I'll signal for help and try to set up some sort of control system on a separate thread, yes?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

It's a great looking panel. Bugger, I was trying to resist the temptation to order this. :o

Was the subsciption available to Finland?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Providing I'm still in work (which is looking likely...), I get to do the magazine orders, the mags would never even have to go on the shelf, and this should come under sale or return... Theoretically, I can order as many copies as I want, and my mighty 10% staff discount might take the edge off it...
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Cliffy, do you think it is a tad possible that someone somewhere may notice this happening?

:wtf: Go for it!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]