Beast Wars is back in August...

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

Beast Wars is back in August...

Post by Denyer »

http://idwpublishing.com/solicit/aug07.shtml

Plus there's a profile book series. Not quite my cup of tea, but sounds like it'll be a bit more focused than the last mini, for the folks who like beasties...
Clay

Post by Clay »

Yay!

I'm twofold happy: 1) Beast comics! and 2) I've already got all the toys!
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

I'm hesistant. I want the profile guide.. but the last actual COMIC wasn't much to write about.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Putting aside the strength of writing of the ongoing story / characterisation on the TV show, the thing that puts me off about Beast Wars is all the time-travel loops. With the UK comic time-travel stuff, things went through the cycle once and it ended with Time Wars... with this, I find the "out of phase" macguffin the least plausible aspect (and in a story where robots supposedly have synthetic fur/scales that mesh up to make realistically moving animals, that's a feat.)
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

I just think it's odd.. why NOT interfere with the show? Have them actually CHANGE TIME. Maybe Magmatron (who shows up in BM's story anyway) decides the future SUCKS?

I've got no room to talk about time travel and Beast Wars, though, considering what I wrote... :)
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

To be honest, the new mini-series sounds like generic crap. :(

More interested in the profiles.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Sounds pretty... uhm... well... I don't know how it sounds, as it's generic hyperbole passed off as information.

The out of phase thing was primarily bollocks as it makes absolutely no practical sense. Razorbeast's motivation was slightly off, too... huge logic holes. "Outside time/space" sounds equally nonsensical maguffiny.

I'll buy it, though. Beasties are always fun. :)
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

The Transformers: Beast Wars: The Ascending #1

"Spiraling out of the events in Beast Wars: The Gathering... MAGMATRON—now a disembodied entity, existing out of time and space—is witness to CYBERTRON's unchecked descent into chaos and madness, all of which is a prelude to its complete and utter destruction! Powerless to directly affect this terrifying apocalypse, MAGMATRON’s last desperate recourse is to try and bring his greatest enemy, RAZORBEAST, together with fellow MAXIMALS LIO CONVOY and THE PACK! By The Gathering team of Simon Furman and Don Figueroa."

Yeah it does sound a bit...odd. Magmatron's a disembodied entity? How'd that happen? Cybertron's destruction? Wasn't that in Transformers: Cybertron? Hmmm, I'm not convinced yet but I'll still get it out of interest and hope for the best.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Neuronutter
Cybertron's destruction? Wasn't that in Transformers: Cybertron?

I'm guessing it's referring to a prelude to the events in Beast Machines...

But who can say? Other than Furman. And Ryall. And Fig.
snavej

Post by snavej »

Beast Wars stories are generally very welcome. Personally, I am more looking forward to the profile books, since I know very little about the characters' tech specs. We need these reference works so that we can pinpoint which character can do what.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Some slight spoilers for BW and other books (UK movie comic, Devastation):

http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/2007/0 ... l-exposed/
Gremlin
Protoform

beasties/bwars

Post by Gremlin »

Do miss the series,the book nice. Different twist from the g1.........
including the familiar characters......rattrap,cheetor,great characters:D
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Get the TV cast out of the picture and off to BM as quick as they can so the more bollocks aspect of the original can be ignored.

That's the first I've heard of the "Transformers Magazine" as well, slightly random choice (Is the earlier DWV3/Stombringer issues in the first "Magazine" or is it utterly random?)
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Yup. I assume they're aiming for at least four issues to fit Stormbringer in, and will do whatever of DWG1V3 can be reprinted (not up to issue 6 or the TPB would have gone ahead)...
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ohh! Quite looking forwards to seeing this. So there's the out of sync with reality thing... Actually, although that in itself is a bit of twaddle, and BW has certainly messed with time travel twaddle an awful lot (c'mon! Optimal Situation was good!), but the idea of Magmatron trying to do the right thing - or not - is interesting.

Must say, though, that the Megatron #3 art was drawing my eye more than the BW...

:)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]