"Flying" Display Stands?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Transformer Kamen

"Flying" Display Stands?

Post by Transformer Kamen »

I'm currently rearranging/revamping my meager display space and to save room I'm looking for some kind of stand that will keep figures with aerial alt modes off the ground. I have some squarish acrylic risers, but they take up a lot of additional space. Something like this would be ideal. I do remember seeing them at BBTS at one point, but either they are so thoroughly out they've removed the listing or I'm not looking in the right place.

Any suggestions?
Raze
Protoform

Post by Raze »

Thinking along the same lines myself

Don't know whether one of thesewould be of any use even though they are sold out.
Wanted Used or New -
Henkei Classics Dirge, Thrust. Universe Hound (Ravage not needed)
Transformer Kamen

I've found them again. Apparently, I just fail at research.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Years ago I had an old wooden bookshelf that I didn't really care all that much about, back then I used to use fishing line to hold things up in the air, and just stick small thumbtacks into the bottom of the overhead shelf and wrap the line around it. It looked really good as it was pretty well invisible from a few feet away.

However this method depends upon you having your toys on a bookshelf, and also that the bookshelf is ragged enough that you won't care about sticking thumbtacks into it. :swirly:
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

This reminds me of how much I'd love to have the BM Thrust stand.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

And I'd love to get my hands on the Unicron stand that Unicron.com had up years ago. I never picked up the stand because I didn't get Unicron until much later.
Transformer Kamen

Ackula wrote: However this method depends upon you having your toys on a bookshelf, and also that the bookshelf is ragged enough that you won't care about sticking thumbtacks into it. :swirly:

Unfortunately, I fall in the category of not having a bookshelf. I'll keep the above in mind for future developments. :)

I've gone ahead and ordered one each of the little buggers. They're a mite expensive, but three should be sufficient at present. :up: