$4 KO Micromaster Combiners (and others)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Notabot

$4 KO Micromaster Combiners (and others)

Post by Notabot »

I was at Gordman's today and came across some interesting KOs. They had a plastic G1 Prowl along with some other G1 cars for $4. They also had what seemed to be Robot Master KO 2 packs for $8. Looked like Star Saber/Victory Leo, Road Rocket/Double Face, and Delta Seeker/X-Gunner (?). I didn't pick up any of these, so can't say what the qualities are like there.
However, the Micromaster sets are pretty darn sweet. I picked up the Sixwing and Sixbuilder set (called "Onfall Mobile" and "Slusher Car" respectively). Garish colors, but the molds don't show that much deterioration, everything combines and transforms well, and the plastic quality, though a little lower than official ones, doesn't really effect them when they're that small. Plus the planes came with a bonus Sea Plane guy who's much larger than anyone else! Bonus. Totally beats paying 25-40 bucks to collect the whole set.
They had Sixtrain with a bonus battleship, and another set called "Land Sea and Air" which looked like a slightly larger hodgepodge of vehicles.
So that's my official endorsement for the Micromaster sets with Japanese instructions printed on the back.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

:glance: pictures? :glance:
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Too late. Need sleep. Pictures come later.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Would the Land Sea and Air set be KO's of landcross?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Denyer got me Slushercar a while back - the random 7th figure in each one is actually a Gobot KO - Sixbuilder has Dozer, Sixwing has Water Walk, and Sixtrain (is it Sixtrain? I'd only seen Sixliner done) has Man-O-War. The actual Sixbuilder KO is pretty neat, actually - colours aren't bad, at least no worse than what Takara did to the 'reissue' themselves.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I was looking on TFU.info: What's the difference between Sixtrain and Sixliner? Is it just the head difference, or are the trains different too? It probably was Sixliner if you've seen that with "Slushercar". The names are just awesome.
Is that battleship go-bot anything fun? I was almost tempted to get the set just for that, but figured 2 was enough for one day.
And yes, it looks like Landcross was the "Land Sea Air" fella. I'm not too familiar with him.
I'll put up some quick pics of the ones I got later today for anyone still wondering.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Sixliner has one member moulded differently - Joe is changed, but the name of the replacement has slipped my mind. The rest were all recolours, on top of the modified head. Sixtrain was the one issued in Universe... Sixliner has the orange/grey one and the blue one :)

Man-O-War's nifty. How well that'll translate to being all-plastic I couldn't tell you, though the Dozer wasn't too bad compared to the real thing. Displays nicely with a Broadside, though.
Notabot

Here There Be Pyctures

Post by Notabot »

And the packaging:
Clay

Post by Clay »

Notabot wrote: They had a plastic G1 Prowl along with some other G1 cars for $4.
If it's what I'm thinking of, it's actually not a G1 Prowl bootleg. It's an over-sized World's Smallest Prowl bootleg, expanded to be about the same size as the G1 toy.

No, really.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Aha! A quick image search shows you're probably right. I remember the feet were fused together, and that seemed odd to me. Do you know what the orange one was a copy of? The box art didn't give it away for me, and I didn't recognize the mold. Then again, I'm not that familiar with the G1 cars. Never had one except the reissue of Tracks.