"The Enemy Within" - any pages missing?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

"The Enemy Within" - any pages missing?

Post by Nevermore »

I've raised that question before in another thread, but nobody seemd to notice... So, once again:
The scans of UK issue 14 (part 2 of "The Enemy Within") I found on the web include only 9 pages. At a time when your regular UK story consisted of 11 pages (issues 16-21 only have 5-6 pages, but that's because they were split in half). Also, between pages 8 and 9, there seems to be a definite gap in the story. Page 8 ends with the pilot of a plane seeing Starscream (in jet fighter mode) attacking and shouting "Nooo!", on page 9 we suddenly have both Megatron and his Decepticons approach Starscream (in robot mode) and Optimus Prime and his Autobots approach Brawn. So my conclusion is that pages 9 and 10 are missing.
Does anyone have a complete version of that story who can provide me with the scans of that pages? I don't even care if it's just a reprint (from UK issue 308 or 309 for example), I just want to have that story complete, thanks in advance. :)

- Torsten
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

I think I remember asking this same thing when I was reading 'The Enemy Within' cuz it didn't seem to fit together well, but the answer I got was that all the pages were there, the other pages were just advertisements etc.
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Osku
Protoform

Re: "The Enemy Within" - any pages missing?

Post by Osku »

Does anyone have a complete version of that story who can provide me with the scans of that pages? I don't even care if it's just a reprint (from UK issue 308 or 309 for example), I just want to have that story complete, thanks in advance. :)
[/B]

The reason no-one answered is propably because nobody knew. :)
Funny thing is that Denyer scanned those reprints in issues 308-309, and 314-317 (which are in full colour by the way) but he missed UK #313 which would have revealed if we´re missing pages from issue 14.
So we´d need someone who has issue
or
#313 (colour re-print of latter part of #14)
or
Collected Comics #4 (colour re-print of the whole EWI)
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

*push*
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

I won't give up so easily... :p
TFArchive
Custom Title: King Lurker

Post by TFArchive »

Issue 14 is 11 pages according to the copy I scanned a while ago. I might be willing to send you a copy of the full comic if your interested.
--
Brendan Reilly
The Transformers Archive
http://tfarchive.com/
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Originally posted by TFArchive
Issue 14 is 11 pages according to the copy I scanned a while ago. I might be willing to send you a copy of the full comic if your interested.
It´s most propably pages 9 and 10 (of the story pages) that are missing. I´d also be glad to get those. I´ll send a pm.

If you´ve got more of those scans, have you considered sharing them in your Direct Connect hub or on your main page?
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Originally posted by TFArchive
Share the scans with us!
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Thank you! I hope you can take this the right way... Those scans are so much better than your US scans that I almost couldn´t believe they were scanned by the same person. ;) Clear, good colours, and considerably smaller files.
Now there´s the problem that my old scans look very poor when compared to those two pages. :) So, please do share your scans.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Yeah, I also have the full colour 'Collected Comics' edition of 'The Enemy Within', so if ever you can't get ahold of TF Archive for the scans, you're welcome to send me a pm or an e-mail my way and I can send them to you. :)

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

So, I finally got it as well. Thanks, Mr. Administrator, Sir! ;)

- Torsten
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

There have been many wonderful and helpful people here lately. So... I´m pushing my luck and asking if there was a person who´d have the first page from #201
http://www.fortunecity.co.uk/campus/psy ... age01.html
in correct colours? Collected comics 18, I think.

Even better if someone knows a way to "fix" these miscolourings.

Thanks to Denyer and Windchanger, I´ve got now the complete full coloured Enemy Within (~7.1 Mb). Someone willing to make it online? Of course if they don´t mind... :)
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Hey, why not put all UK run on TF Archive?
Is that possible?
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

So, Osku and me managed to
a) "repair" the "Straxus hole" on pages 7 and 8 of UK issue 99 by using scans of the German reprint of the stories and performing the good old "cut and paste" job. You can find them here:

UK issue 99 page 7 (fixed)
UK issue 99 page 8 (fixed)

and
b) Fix the colouring mistakes on pages 4 and 5 of UK issue 101, once again by using scans of the German reprint.

UK issue 101 page 4 (fixed)
UK issue 101 page 5 (fixed)

Enjoy. :)

Now all we need is someone who has a version of page 1 of UK issue 201 (Part 3 of "Time Wars") which has the correct colours.
Should be found in Collected Comics 18, if anyone has it. :)

- Torsten
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

This thread should be stickified and renamed "The search for missing UK comic pages - results inside".