"fixing" megatron's arm.

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
TechOrganic
Protoform

"fixing" megatron's arm.

Post by TechOrganic »

i dont know how many of u know this already... but im gonna teach it since someone taught me how...lolx.

u notice that the his gun cant stay in postion rite? u push it out...and the spring forces it to close it back... and notice that the claw cant be shot out( while there is a button for u to shoot it.)

firstly... open the gun thingy... there are 3 screws ...take them out.thn u see a spring...remove it...and later...put everything back in place.

next...remove the screw at the claw thingy... u see that there is space between the claw and this launcher looking thingy( my describing technique sucks...sry...lol)... put the spring there and screw everything back... thn u place in the claw...thn next time whn u press the trigger the claw will shoot and the gun will stay open or close... whichever u want.

gud luck!
Jazz: Aww man,even when Optimus regain leadership i STILL dont get a good part.dam scriptwriters.Luckily im on Dinobot Island with u guys.
Grimlock: Me Grimlock dont care about stupid scriptwriters.Me think Jazz smart to stay in paradise with Dinobots.Now we no need fight. *drinks energon from coconut husk*
Me Grimlock now sleep,grimlock want tanning to impress ladies.

+and that is what happen to those forgotten G1 characters...lol+
slartibartfast

Re: "fixing" megatron's arm.

Post by slartibartfast »

Originally posted by TechOrganic
gud luck!
thx !
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

One word of note, to anyone, who attempts to open up a tf: make sure you pay carefull attention to where every little piece goes. The smallest part out of place can render the assembly non-functional.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

This is the SCF Megatron, right?
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Ah. Yeah, probably should specify that this is the Leader Class Megatron from the movie.

There's an issue, where a spring was misplaced. It should be in the forearm of the arm, equipped with a mace, so that the hand/mace can shoot out. Instead, it was placed in the fusion cannon assembly, rendering it unable to remain in the open position.

It's an easy enough problem to fix, taking all of 5 minutes, and a minor gripe, given how cool the figure is. One thing to note, as I said earlier, is the position of all the parts in the disassembled areas. Also, you'll want to test the fusion cannon before screwing it back together (I'm glad I did, since I had to reposition the gears, slightly, after opening it up, to get the alignment right).