Transformers: War for Cybertron game

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Skidmark

Transformers: War for Cybertron game

Post by Skidmark »

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ron/17475/
Kotaku.com and the AllSpark.com are reporting that the latest issue of Game Informer has an article about a new Transformers game from Activision titled "Transformers: The War for Cybertron". The game, developed by High Moon Studios, is slated to be released in 2010. Apparently the game is a 3rd person shooter which chronicles the heroic Autobots' battle against the evil Decepticons. The game also allows you to switch factions in order to play as the Decepticons against the Autobots. For more information about this game, please visit Kotaku.com and the AllSpark.com.

Update: Update: Gametrailers will have a teaser trailer up late Thursday night or early Friday morning.
A War Within styled game...interesting.:|
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

This is what you see in a lot of games "journalism" these days - Website A reports that Website B saw an article in Magazine C about X game. The game sounds interesting, and after the ROTF game, I'm willing to see what else Activision's development houses or partners can do with the license.
glazios

Post by glazios »

Done right, this could be a real winner. For me, though, much depends on the gameplay and the actual controls. The first movie game put me off getting the ROTF game because of the shitty control system.

The character designs, so far, have really grabbed me, leaning toward the movie style but with obvious ties to G1 in-terms of colour schemes; looks to me like they're nodding to the G1 characters but using a similar style to that of the movies so those new to the franchise aren't sitting there wondering why Ironhide only kinda looks like he did in the movies.

Either way, everything we know so far smells of WIN to me...
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

Bah. I still want Melbourne House to do a sequel.
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

IMO the first movie game had a lot of the rough stuff right - it needed the actual movement to be tweaked a bit so there's less lag, free up the range of the camera and the car modes were a little more driveable (having the camera in such a weird place didn't help much), and at least the option of a little more free-roaming - some sort of arcade mode where you could just pick whichever character and wander around a choice of landscapes being intermittently attacked by drones (as it is, you can only do a pretty weak version of this if you've completed all the missions in a zone, and then you've no choice of character and there aren't enough random drones). I always think in a game like that Playing Things Properly should be optional..

I found once I'd reconfigured the keys to basically be the same as Vice City they weren't actually too bad.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

But Soundwave looks sure nice^^
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

First game trailer is out (in HD):

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclu ... -war/59860

um...wow!
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Possible toyline connection with the new game:

Link
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Oh, this is looking really good. I like shooting games and I like transformers. The first movie game was... okay, although there are many parts where they could improve on -- free play, for example. A larger amount of enemy units and weapons actually doing damage would be great. Also, many of the without-enemy missions were boring. For example, Bumblebee inside the Hoover Dam was a real drag.

The second game was better, although the cutscenes were crap in telling what's happening. More playable characters, better controls and animation. However, the boss fights were more... banal. I expected more boss fights in the game. It would've been easy to chuck in a Bumblebee vs Rampage or random Decepticon vs Ratchet fight, but no.

EDIT: I'm liking the preview. Looks like G1 crossed with Animated designs (the axe) done in 3D with semi-Movie detailing. Awesome. Is that a Dark Omega Supreme? It looks impressive and easily seems better than the ROTF and first movie.
Lonewyrm
Protoform

Post by Lonewyrm »

Trailer looks shit hot. Any word on the platform? Time to start saving for a ps3 or xbox I reckon
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Lonewyrm wrote:Trailer looks shit hot. Any word on the platform? Time to start saving for a ps3 or xbox I reckon
One of the sites linked by Skidmark says: PS3, XBOX and PC. I think it was the AllSpark or the news site.

Also, there are concept designs for Optimus Prime, Megatron, Soundwave, Ironhide and a Onslaught-ish guy. They list Thundercracker as playable, and Skywarp could be glimpsed in the trailer. I think Ratchet's playable too, but I'm not sure.

Nice to see the cross-design mix between G1 and Movieverse. Guess it's where IDW was heading, but without f***ing the faces up. (Well, Megatron, Ironhide and Omega looks okay to me) Also, I see much Animated influence in their design. Prime's axe and chest windows' shape, Megatron's altmode and general look, Omega's more 'chunky' look...

I dig this.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

praetorian wrote:Possible toyline connection with the new game:

Link
Wow, I already thought, and hoped so because of the same reasons BlackJack has, that there would be a toyline. The prototype and Prime in the trailer are one dead giveaway, matchting pretty much. Could that series on Dicovery also be relted to this????
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

http://gameinformer.com/b/features/arch ... prime.aspx

Profile for Optimus Prime, including Concept Art.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Meh...I'll wait to see actual game play before deciding on this one.

Omega Supreme looked pretty cool though. :)
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I got my issue of Game Informer today, and everything in it was just concept art. Cool designs, but not a lot of information so far. If they could keep the combat from the most recent game, but have longer, more varied missions with a fleshed-out (ie - non-movie) story, I'd say it has a chance to definitively dethrone the Armada game released by Atari. I liked the ROTF game, but it's length coupled with the movie story probably held it back in the eyes of some fans.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I'm impressed (and somewhat excited) by the trailer, but like a lot of other people I'm reserving final judgement til it's out. It definitely does look pretty so I'm hoping it isn't a stinker.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Li Digahes Ioloet

Post by Li Digahes Ioloet »

It looks great.I hope it is good.
Good they set it on Cybertron.
:clap:
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Press release from the marketing guys:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... fo-168902/
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Release date: June 22, 2010.

amazon.com
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

The official website (transformersgame.com) has some new content. If you get the codes right, you can access some extra (and very short) clips/transmissions.