Possible UK release dates for Classics 2.0 & Animated figures/Scandinavian/ US & Canada release date for Animated

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Ackula

Possible UK release dates for Classics 2.0 & Animated figures/Scandinavian/ US & Canada release date for Animated

Post by Ackula »

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=163948
According to a UK toy shop wholesaler Transformers Animated and Classics 2.0 toys could be out alot earlier than previously rumored.

The listing shows release dates of the 4th of April 2008 for Transformers Animated Deluxes, Voyagers, and the previously announced 2-pack. A leader class Animated Bulkhead and Megatron were also listed without a date.

There is also a listing for Transformers Universe deluxes to be released on the 9th of May.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

That would make a lot more sense than the current six month wait. Still not sure why the toys haven't been released with the series. Doesn't make much sense.

A leader class Bulkhead and Megs? Have we heard about this before? IIRC Megs and Bulkhead have a voyager class toy too.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

a UK toy shop wholesaler
Well... that's well cited, isn't it?
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

TF@TM have reported that Hasbro Nordic have announced that Scandinavia will see Transformers Animated and Transformers Universe/Classics 2.0 toys on shelves around August 1, 2008.
Preda

Post by Preda »

August?Gosh,that is far too long.I hope we'll get them sooner over here...
Ackula

US Release date

Post by Ackula »

http://www.transformertoys.co.uk/conten ... +2008.html

TF@TM have reported that the Animated figures will be released in the US in June of 2008. This info comes from the toy booklet that comes with Transformers Movie Leader Class Desert Brawl, and was first reported over at TFW2005.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... nd-164135/

Also the Canadian release date has been announced as June 22nd, the day after TFcon - Canada's Transformers Convention.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Does the date of April for the UK still stand? Seems odd for us to get them before the US. Also do we know what the first wave will consist of? Most of the Animated cast I'm assuming but is there a list of the first wave toys?
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

thetransformers.net has got a copy of a hasbro UK press release listed on the website and it states that the animated toys "full toy line will be available mid year" and that the show will start in easter. A June release would make more sense than April.
Railguard

Post by Railguard »

That would be so freaking cool if they released them in may instead of the fall!!!!
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

They're blowing a huge opportunity by not releasing these toys concurrently with the beginning of the show...everyone's in a toy-buying frenzy right now, and that stuff would be flying off the shelves if available at this moment.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Vin Ghostal wrote:They're blowing a huge opportunity by not releasing these toys concurrently with the beginning of the show...everyone's in a toy-buying frenzy right now, and that stuff would be flying off the shelves if available at this moment.
Absolutely. I don't understand the delay, sure the end of the movie lines are out but why wait so long to release the toys? I'd have bought any that were out now and six months is a ridiculous time to wait. Surely the hype will have died down by then.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Vin Ghostal wrote:everyone's in a toy-buying frenzy
At the tail-end of January? Really? Don't retailers not begin gearing up again until Easter? Certainly this seems to be the period for stock-taking, once the sales are finished up.

Getting kids to like the show on its own merits (then doing the second half of / the second series) seems like it could pay-off if this style is intended to stick around.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

No fair, you Brits get Classics 2.0 first? Now I'm starting to hate being an American. Oh well, kinda makes up for the fact that it takes forever for you guys to get video games in PAL format...
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

we may get them earlyer but there almost twice as expencive
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

So Hasbro are completely missing the boat again.
They completely underestimated how popular the movie would be and therefore didnt have the stock manufactured to take advantage of the buzz it created.
Then once they had the stock they couldnt distribute it properly and then finally by the time they got it out they had missed Christmas.
Im no expert on the subject but Id imagine thats a fairly important time to have stock available when you are in the toy business.
I live 10 minutes from one of the biggest shopping centres in Britain with about 150 units including all the usual suspects as far as big chainstores go and also one large indy toyshop.
I spoke to the owner of the Indy place and he said the Hasbro rep had said he couldnt promise him delivery of what he ordered and that it was the same all over the UK.
I checked them all 3 or 4 times in the two weeks up to and including Xmas Eve and the number of TFs was lucky to reach double figures on each occasion(Im not counting OP Voice Changers,Barrel Roll Blasters etc.)
So at the busiest time of the year for toy sales figures are thin on the ground to non-existant resulting in loads of missed sales not just then but in the future as if the kid likes one they will want more etc.
And so we get to Animated.
I can only speak from personal experience but as a kid the way it worked was I watched the G1 cartoon,saw the characters and then wanted the corresponding toys.
The kids of today cant have changed that much can they?
So how many kids are bursting their parents chops on a Saturday morning for the Animated toys right about now do you think?
Absolutely loads Ill bet and can the parents drop any money on them to keep the kids happy and swell Hasbros coffers-can they ****.
Its the same situation as before-toys slow to reach the market at the same time as the Media creates the demand.
Did they not know the Movie and Animated were coming out?
Its like it took them by surprise both times.
Anyone would think they didnt want to make any money-either that or they are are just spectacularly badly managed.

EDIT @Electrogirl I am also absolutely fed up of paying the dollar price in pounds for stuff despite the 2:1 exchange rate.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.