Activision may get rights to Transformers movie Videogame

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Sir Auros

Activision may get rights to Transformers movie Videogame

Post by Sir Auros »

Gamespot seems to think so anyway.

Interesting entry and brought to light why we'll never see another Atari released Transformers game.
Batmanners
Protoform

Post by Batmanners »

Funny they're planning that stuff already though the movie isn't even official yet.

Although I am very happy a new TF game might pop-up.

On a side note, any rumors about a Cybertron/Energon based TF game?
Darth Zax
Protoform

Post by Darth Zax »

Originally posted by Batmanners
Funny they're planning that stuff already though the movie isn't even official yet.
isn't it? official or not, they're making preparations for it, that includes an official game.
On a side note, any rumors about a Cybertron/Energon based TF game?

i highly doubt it.
chimung
Protoform

Post by chimung »

I hope it's trues...though Gamespot is run by a bunch of mungs.
"Can you get this Vacuum cleaner to f*ck this cake?", Uncle Grandfather; Perfect Hair Forever
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Batmanners

Yeh, I expect they'll have the final cut ready before they check Hasbro/Takara for the rights...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Cross-market merchandising/promotional opportunities are likely to be a major factor in getting the studio to fork out for the movie. Hardly a shock that a game's being planned.

"Hrm. You want me to fork over money for this movie. Why?"
"Because I've lined up 100 licensing deals for merchandising."
"SOLD!"
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

I'd be interested as to what kind of game this will be. Admittedly it will be some bog standard movie tie in shoot em up thing or worse a fighting game, but...

I'd love some kind of free roaming mission based 'GTA' style game with a degree of character customisation and involvement with established characters. With the option to control several other chaps if you wanted.

Or hell maybe some kind of TF RPG ala 'WoW', but maybe only Sir Auros and I would play it.:(

I remember playing some Playstation G1 Japanese only game at Auto Assembly, getting filled in by Sunstreaker and Ironhide, all I could manage as Megatron was to transform into his gun mode and lie on the floor and get a good pasting.

I hope it's nothing like that......
Darth Zax
Protoform

Post by Darth Zax »

Originally posted by Wildrider
Or hell maybe some kind of TF RPG ala 'WoW', but maybe only Sir Auros and I would play it.:(

and me!
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I would give it a try.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

It's an intersting concept and if the movie does well theres no reason for more TF games to surface, thiis type being one of them. I'm not too sure how it would work but it would be a cool thing to see and I would play it (If I had a new PC, or the game was on console).

Saying that I liked the style of the Armada game and would like to see a version like that, with the option of playing as the "baddies" as well as the goodies.
Bountyhunter
Protoform

Post by Bountyhunter »

Just as long as it is not for the xbox
chimung
Protoform

Post by chimung »

Originally posted by Bountyhunter

And why not?
"Can you get this Vacuum cleaner to f*ck this cake?", Uncle Grandfather; Perfect Hair Forever
Bountyhunter
Protoform

Post by Bountyhunter »

Because Microsoft would be involved and also how many bugs were in the 360 because they were idoits and greedy and rushed the accursed thing out. Xbox; the worst choice.
Darth Zax
Protoform

Post by Darth Zax »

if it's not for the x-box 360 alone, i'm good (i'm hoping for a ps3 release).
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Because Microsoft would be involved and also how many bugs were in the 360 because they were idoits and greedy and rushed the accursed thing out. Xbox; the worst choice.
Ok, that makes zero sense. If a game were to come out on the Xbox 360 (certainly wouldn't be the Xbox given the timeframe here), it wouldn't mean MS has its hands all over the development cycle unless it's released by MS Game Studios. Even if Activision doesn't get the rights, whoever does will be a third party company and therefore there's no reason to not want a multi-platform game.

Additionally, none of the known Xbox 360 bugs affect the actual software. The failures so far have been within the hardware and only affecting the hardware. Finally, the bugged out systems has been amplified by the media (both official and forum-based) so that the >3% failure rate seems larger than it is.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

IF Activision (or whoever) gets the rights chances are it'll be a multi-platform game, they could make more money with a game
that'll be on PC, PS3, PSP, Xbox 360, Nintendo Revolution, and Nintendo DS than any one platform.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
chimung
Protoform

Post by chimung »

*rolls eyes*
Oh yeah, EVERY title for the Xbox is a piece of buggy crap!