Revenge of the Fallen toy discussion (leaks and official info)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Nevermore

Revenge of the Fallen toy discussion (leaks and official info)

Post by Nevermore »

This is your new all-purpose thread for discussing the Revenge of the Fallen toys.

The following spoiler policy applies:

Offscreen (toy-only) characters are not not spoilers. This currently applies to the various Scout Class toys, redecos of toys from the first movie line as other G1-based characters (e.g. Starscream as other Seekers in G1-based decos) and redecos of toys from older lines (mostly store exclusives).

Toys for returning characters who survived the first part unambiguously (Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Ratchet, Ironhide, Starscream, Scorponok) are not spoilers as long as their alternate forms and robot modes are more or less identical to their appearances in the first movie (i.e. Bumblebee's slightly tweaked Camaro mode), regardless of whether they're new molds, remolds or repaints.

Toys for returning characters who were either implied having died in the first movie (Jazz, Megatron, Brawl, Frenzy, Blackout), or whose fate was left ambiguous (Barricade) are SPOILERS, especially if their new alternate forms and/or robot modes look different from their appearances in the first movie.

Toys for new characters that will make their debut in Revenge of the Fallen are also SPOILERS.

To sum it up, here's the current toyline roster as we know it thus far.

Checklist

Legends Class - Bumblebee (new mold, 2009 Camaro), Optimus Prime (new mold, still the same truck),
SPOILER! (select to read)
Jetfire (SR-71 Blackbird), Autobot Springer (V-22 Osprey).
Optimus Prime and Jetfire can combine. This is NOT a fan mode, altough the combined mode looks somewhat awkward due to the limitations of the Legends Class.

Scout Class - Rollbar (delivery truck), motorcycle (possibly "Knockout"), red car (possibly "Dead End" or "Detour"), fork lift (possibly "Scrapper" or "Dirt Boss", based on Scrapper drone from the video game to the first movie), boat.

Deluxe Class - Wreckage (repaint of Wreckage from the first movie's toyline), Bumblebee (remold of Concept Camaro Bumblebee from the first movie's toyline),
Soundwave (new mold, possibly a "Preview" figure).
Voyager Class - Ramjet (repaint of Starscream from the first movie's toyline), Skywarp (repaint of Thundercracker/Target exclusive "G1" deco Starscream from the first movie's toyline), possibly both store exclusives.

Fast Action Battlers - Double Blade Optimus Prime (new mold), Pulse Blast Bumblebee (remold of Fast Action Battlers Plasma Punch Bumblebee from the first movie's toyline),
Cannon Blast Megatron (new mold, tank), Jolt (new mold, Chevrolet Volt).
Store exclusives - Target exclusive Superion giftset (Silverbolt, Air Raid, Fireflight, Skydive & Airazor; repaint of Enegron Superion Maximus, released in Australia and Southeast Asia in Universe packaging)
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

And here's the first news for this thread:

Gallery of Skywarp and Ramjet.
http://www.tf08.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=168
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Nevermore wrote:And here's the first news for this thread:

Gallery of Skywarp and Ramjet.
http://www.tf08.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=168
Is it confirmed that Warpy and Jetty are toys from ROTF??? Or are they just an afterthought to sell more toys????
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Rattrap's tail wrote:Is it confirmed that Warpy and Jetty are toys from ROTF??? Or are they just an afterthought to sell more toys????
The general guess is that they're toy-only characters, and at least one of the toys is probably some sort of exclusive. There's no way those two will appear in the movie in Starscream-looking bodies in those colors. Hence, I didn't mark them as spoilers.
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

I am looking foward to Scrapper, along with the other scouts.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Rattrap's tail wrote:Is it confirmed that Warpy and Jetty are toys from ROTF??? Or are they just an afterthought to sell more toys????
They're part of the ROTF line, just as Swindle or Stockade were part of the Movie line.

And whether they're non-film recolours or the lead characters, it's all to sell more toys. It's about 24 years too late to start fussing about that, there have been lazy non-media cash-in characters since, oooh, the Jumpstarters* at least (depending on whether you count the mailaways or not). I guess it's easier to piss and bitch about pointless stuff than it is to think, though.

* = They weren't in the UK comic until about a year or so later, you might as well count Dreamwave.
poyguimogul

Post by poyguimogul »

wreckage recolor is kinda cool.. but it may not persuade me to get it.
The motorcycle seems to be a decent toy, but the head, and colors are kinda ugly. Probably get it.
Wish Rollbar was.. Ironhide.. Has his r.i.d. steer-head is on it (kinda). and his repaint movie toy was blue.. still has visor.. Looks cool IMO I want it.
The fork lift is neat, probably get that. Dirt Boss is a ghey name... always has been...WHICH reminds me.. His name in Japan (from armada, and all his re-releases that werent color/name changed) isn't Dirt Boss its Drift.. So IDW.. Drift isn't new or exclusive or toyless... If this toy was scrapper, I wouldn't mind.
Kinda not digging that disgusting dead-end. gonna pass on it.
When they made the Thundercracker, and Starscream w/ new heads ,they looked good, and Ramjet looks decent,as does Skywarp, but..
As much as I like to get jet sets, movie jets are just to ugly for me to look at or buy.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Too bad they didn't bother of making a new head sculpt for Ramjet...

Massively liking Detour/Dead End, as well as Scrapper. Rollbar looks nice as well.
poyguimogul

Covers spoiler mentions from initial post.

Post by poyguimogul »

Springer, man ****.. I almost cried.. that toy is the SUX..Ugly as sin
Soundwave Is pretty decent looking, one of the best heads they have EVER had, next to wreckage..Meantime,Midnighter,Photon,and Spy Shot from 1st movie real gears, are all total win toys..in terms of decent heads..
Jetfire (legends) is kinda interesting, but the arms are so thin and lame, and rumor has it hes the gimpy old robot, which explains the hunched over look, and (as someone pointed out) he has what appears to be a beard. I thought it was fangs, and he was like a monster-bot thing.. i guess we see. And yeah, as much as I applaude them engineering an energon-ish combination for legends prime / jetfire.. I HOPE,, and Pray.. its a little more intricate and badass looking in the movie...but what am I saying I guess it does have sorta that 80s giant robot cheese jet pack goin on..
w/e to tank megatron.
Jolt is tiny, his head.. isnt bad after seeing better pics. Pretty menacing.. fer an autobot? the size is kinda cute in a activator bumblebee sorta way..
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

[quote="Cliffjumper"]They're part of the ROTF line, just as Swindle or Stockade were part of the Movie line.
QUOTE]

Thanks, that was the only thing I wanted to know about them. I've got something as well. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZy57S-d4ec

EDIT: Knockdown is such... CUTE. I think I gonna like his transformation scheme.

EDIT2: Sorry I mean Knock Out. Not that shitty minicon.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Instructions for the red Scout car have surfaced. His name is Dead End.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/b ... ons_01.jpg
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Dead End... Mwah souns a lot better then Detour if you ask me.
S_Windell
Protoform

What's in a name?

Post by S_Windell »

poyguimogul wrote: The fork lift is neat, probably get that. Dirt Boss is a ghey name...

If this toy was scrapper, I wouldn't mind.
:) The solution is simple...
Blackjack wrote:
Massively liking Detour/Dead End, as well as Scrapper. Rollbar looks nice as well.
Just ignore what Hasbro calls 'em!

If I pick up that forklift, I'm calling it Scrapper. (I completed my Robot Heroes Insecticons the other day, :cheers:, and I certainly don't let a few tiny pieces of cardboard tell me who they are.)

I like the original Dead End. The Alternator Dead End is one of my favorite Transformers ever and this new scout named after him is neat enough, I'll probably get it on a whim. But Unicron's minicon guy is easily disowned.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

S_Windell wrote::) The solution is simple...

Just ignore what Hasbro calls 'em!

If I pick up that forklift, I'm calling it Scrapper. (I completed my Robot Heroes Insecticons the other day, :cheers:, and I certainly don't let a few tiny pieces of cardboard tell me who they are.)

I like the original Dead End. The Alternator Dead End is one of my favorite Transformers ever and this new scout named after him is neat enough, I'll probably get it on a whim. But Unicron's minicon guy is easily disowned.

This dude is damn right. Just don't care what Hasbro names it. If I would name my Armada Blurr Hotspotsch I would have already done that. Maybe I should do it because like many others from Armada, Blurr is a shame for his namesake. Now we should get back on track and not talking to much about it.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Dead end looks pretty cool. Much better than Detour.

I can't wait for scrapper.

So, is there any chance of a gestalt?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Treadshot A1 wrote:Dead end looks pretty cool. Much better than Detour.

I can't wait for scrapper.

So, is there any chance of a gestalt?
not mentioned above was the rumoured-only constructicons, who will (allegedly) have individual non-combining-but-transforming toys, as well as non-transforming-but-combining toys.

i beleive this was unnofficial scuttlebut from toy reps who had seen or heard of them. no actual source was ever given, however. think it was on tfw2005.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

First look at a partial stock photo of a new Optimus Prime toy, revealing the name of the Revenge of the Fallen toyline's main gimmick to be "Mech Alive".
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... alive.html
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Prime looks a bit dramatic. Nice that HASTAK has decided to give Automorph a new name. I mean, look wat under Mech Alive is described...
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

So long as it works...
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!